KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Accused

The Accused
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm sure that they do. But it is still unhelpful.

The Israelis hate Arafat just as much and with just as muich justifcation. Sharon's election was controversial, to be sure, but then so is the whole region.

Of course, we would all like it to just be a case of good guys and bad guys, but in the end it's a huge almost irreocverable mess.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 12:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

The palistinians have weapons enough, only thing is they seem to aim to the sky when they shoot. They have a lot of explosive they even have their own army, no match for the Israeli army, but then again no Middle east countries would stand a chance against the Israeli army. They kicked some Arab butt before and will not hessitat to do it again given a chance.
A german tv team went to Hebron to see what happened, they didnt bring a camera. When they arrived it was all quiet, an hour later they got a camera on the scene and when the palesinians saw the camera they cherged towards the Israeli soldiers throwing rocks. The Germans got therir story, but it was headlined as "no camera no show". Arafath tried to stop this documentary, but all in vain. You may say this is a one sided documentary showing some bad sides of the Palistinian side.
RAZ what I mean by cleaning up our own backyard is we have enough domestic problems to sort out before we can put an effort into foreign stuff. UN have to be for some reason so this ought to be their task.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 01:25 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As I talked to Raz about earlier, UN intervention is a very, very bad idea for many reasons. Peacekeeping intervention, that is. Keep on the Diplo pressure as much as possible.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 01:29 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Sorry Raz, but I'm sure these people have never been concerned with the problems of Ireland (except to participate n supply of illegal arms maybe). Or the civil unrest of the likes of Bolton, though I appreciate that Bolton and the similar incidents were of a much smaller nature.

I am pretty certain that not one person from the region has thought about the people that died in the Real IRA car bombing a few weeks ago. People in our country, and immediate neighbours, are also dieing.

The issues of the middle east are by no means new, they have been around for many, many years and have roots in history that go too far back.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 04:22 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I thought the civil unrest was in Oldham.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 11:26 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Actually, you are correct. Dunno where I got Bolton from but it just shows what a bad person I am to have gotten that wrong... sad

OK, must go and start the next genocide I guess. roll eyes (sarcastic)
(That was a little steep Raz!!!)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 12:07 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Adolf RC? laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 12:18 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

carefull queeq smile

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 01:09 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I recently read all the previous unpleasantness in that area while doing my 'Name that Poster' research...

BtVS

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 11:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

Nice wasn't it? evil face

Okay, this one's pretty good as well. Israel has decided once again not too retaliate for that assault this week. Even though there is still violence from both sides in that area, Arafat is accusing Israel of manipulating the West by holding on to the cease fire agreement. Looks like a typical damned if you do, damned if you don't situation to me.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 12:28 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

queeq, we're not playing the blame game. But to give another side to that story, you must remember that the bombing was done by Hezbollah (sp?), NOT by the Palestinian people on the streets.

If everytime we recieve an IRA bomb, do we bomb Ireland? NO! Because its wrong!

As once Mahatma Gandhi said "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 03:02 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

HEy, RC's starting the genocide. Not me.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 04:08 AM
queeq
Chaos

I wasn't blaming anyone. And I agree with you, don't get me wrong. It just strikes me that accusations go back and forth and that there are so many groups the so-called leaders have no control over.
For instance, Palestinians have PLO, Hamas, Jihad and there is also Hezbollah running around free. THe ISraeli's have their army, the extreme right religious groups and the colonists. When colonists harass or shoot Palestinians, Arafat blames the government. When Hamas or Jihad kills Israeli's, Sharon blames Arafat.
There is just no way this situation can be resolved until all parties accept their leaders and their decisions, knowing that these problems concerning Israel have been going on since 1948.... troublesome.

Oh, and your comparison to Ireland is not really accurate. The IRA terrorists are comparable to Hamas or Jihad for sure, but they are not connected to the government of Ireland. That's why bombing would be inappropraiate in any case. Now, if the Irish government would openly support and finance the IRA, I'm sure there would be quite a different situation.

[ June 21, 2001: Message edited by: queeq ]

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:18 PM
Ratcat

To some one looking in, without much knowledge of the background, it seems to me that you have various factions in each coutry all trying to fight their own little wars and with no central leadership confusion reigns.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:26 PM
queeq
Chaos

That's it actually. This is even besides all the religious aspects. There is central leadership but there are many factions going their own way. Yet the central leadership has to do the negotiations.

I think that when Arafat dies, the shit will hit the fan over there.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:28 PM
Ratcat

In a very big way...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:31 PM
queeq
Chaos

It's kind of interesting really. He's pretty much a control freak and he doesn't allow anyone to become too powerful. So when he dies, I'm sure all the Palestinian organisations will go for the leadership. A vacuum of power.... very dangerous over there.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:44 PM
finti

Those fraction dont care about Arafath now, only thing is the Palistinians may break up into smaller fraction when he dies and he will die soon he looks sick and exhausted.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 03:08 PM
Ratcat

And thereby extending the confusion further... sad

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 05:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

Chaos will rule. Trust me, I know. big grin

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 08:32 PM