KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Screwy Generations?

Screwy Generations?
Started by: JToTheP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nivvy
Daily Spleen

Because, we're not Asia...... blink

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:18 PM
Nivvy is currently offline Click here to Send Nivvy a Private Message Find more posts by Nivvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

no??

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:28 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I can't wait to go to your crazy country babe.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:32 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Re: Screwy Generations?

quote:
Originally posted by J_To_The_P
Well, here's my thoughts, or theory if you will, of why the Generations of 85 and up are so screwed up, I can't say all of you will understand it at all though either, but here goes:

The problem with the teenagers of today, and basically why alot of them feel they will never find their soul mate, is basically because of how unbalanced and rude they've become, compared to the generations before us.

Girls feel all guys want is sex, and the main problem is, from where I've been, and what I've seen, about 95% of guys, yes they only DO want sex, now I'm sure some of you will accuse me of being one of them, but if I were, I wouldn't care at all as to think about this, so clearly I'm not, basically only a SMALL PORTION, of brainy guys, who can't talk to girls, and guys like me basically don't.

Now guys who aren't muscular and all that, basically say all girls want are muscular guys, and the main problem is that that's basically true, maybe a SMALL PORTION don't, and then girls try to say all guys want is sex, when all THEY want is a muscular guy, and yes, I've basically realized both genders care about asses and body, girls like the muscular guys, and their asses, and guys want a girl with nice curves, depending on how the guy is a big or small ass, but anyway.

The main problem here and why most teenagers feel they will never find their soul mate, is because the small portion of each gender that ISN'T shallow, not every single one of them will find another person who isn't shallow, and which basically explains why alot of teenagers are miserable.

So those of you who this makes sense to, can basically post your feedback if you want, and I've already gone through MANY conversations with close friends about this, and which helps me realize the SMALL PORTION of each gender isn't shallow, so feel free to post your options if you wish.

I think all teenagers have basically put up a wall around themselves for the simple reason they are scared of getting hurt, and that is why teenagers are so miserable. And this isn’t just teenagers either, it’s adults as well. All any human being wants is to be loved and cared for and accepted for everything that they are, but at the same time, they are still scared of what other people are going to think.

I think most people in American are rude, disrespectful, and ill mannered for the simple reason that we have been taught this way. You turn on the television, or listen to the radio, and the only thing going on is people talking about de-valuing their morals. People always try to say that it isn’t the music or the things on t.v. that is causing such a disrespectful and lazy generation, but think back to 50 years ago when people didn’t hardly have televisions. Divorce was a rare thing, people had morals, and they respected the people around them. People today don’t even have respect for themselves anymore, so obviously they aren’t going to respect the people around them.

I myself don’t prefer one of those big buff guys with lots of muscle because they will very likely be incredibly self centered. Granted, I’m not gonna lie, I am very easily attracted to a guy with an incredibly toned stomach, but I don’t want him to be the size of the next Hercules.

Speaking in a girls point of view, we are incredibly self conscious because all we ever here from guys is how they want a girl who looks like Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles, Halle Berry, etc.. etc… Whenever a girl hears’ a guy say that, all she is really hearing is “Why can’t you look more like this chick?” The problem with this is that we don’t have thousands and thousands of dollars to make ourselves look beautiful like that. It is very surprising to find out how ugly some celebrities really are when they are all stripped of their make-up, yet guys never quite seem to take this into consideration.

Anyways, my point is that I believe teenagers are miserable for many different reasons. We all feel like we have to try and please everybody or we won’t be good enough. There are very few people in this world who are truly accepting of another person for what they really are. We all might say that we really love a person for what they are on the inside, but we all know that each of us have been guilty of judging a person by their appearance.

I don’t know if any of this is gonna really make sense to anyone, but I wanted to put in my two cents.

Last edited by LindsIsSexyK on Sep 28th, 2003 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:35 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Too much to read, but I'll try to read it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:37 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nivvy
Daily Spleen

Man..... I'm gonna hafta read that later on blink

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:42 PM
Nivvy is currently offline Click here to Send Nivvy a Private Message Find more posts by Nivvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Re: Re: Screwy Generations?

quote:
Originally posted by LindsIsTightK
I think all teenagers have basically put up a wall around themselves for the simple reason they are scared of getting hurt, and that is why teenagers are so miserable. And this isn’t just teenagers either, it’s adults as well. All any human being wants is to be loved and cared for and accepted for everything that they are, but at the same time, they are still scared of what other people are going to think.
I think most people in American are rude, disrespectful, and ill mannered for the simple reason that we have been taught this way. You turn on the television, or listen to the radio, and the only thing going on is people talking about de-valuing their morals. People always try to say that it isn’t the music or the things on t.v. that is causing such a disrespectful and lazy generation, but think back to 50 years ago when people didn’t hardly have televisions. Divorce was a rare thing, people had morals, and they respected the people around them. People today don’t even have respect for themselves anymore, so obviously they aren’t going to respect the people around them.
I myself don’t prefer one of those big buff guys with lots of muscle because they will very likely be incredibly self centered. Granted, I’m not gonna lie, I am very easily attracted to a guy with an incredibly toned stomach, but I don’t want him to be the size of the next Hercules.
Speaking in a girls point of view, we are incredibly self concious because all we ever here from guys is how they want a girl who looks like Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles, Halle Berry, etc.. etc… Whenever a girl hears’ a guy say that, all she is really hearing is “Why can’t you look more like this chick?” The problem with this is that we don’t have thousands and thousands of dollars to make ourselves look beautiful like that. It is very surprising to find out how ugly some celebrities really are when they are all stripped of their make-up, yet guys never quite seem to take this into consideration.
Anyways, my point is that I believe teenagers are miserable for many different reasons. We all feel like we have to try and please everybody or we won’t be good enough. There are very few people in this world who are truly accepting of another person for what they really are. We all might say that we really love a person for what they are on the inside, but we all know that each of us have been guilty of judging a person by their appearance.

I don’t know if any of this is gonna really make sense to anyone, but I wanted to put in my two cents.

That was more like your 25 cents Lindsay, but it works, and atleast you admitted liking a guy w/ a six-pack or whatever you said, and alright sure, I'll admit I'm guilty of liking girls w/ big asses or a pretty face.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:43 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

I was a teenager once and I still feel that teenagers whine too much
Don't try to growup so fast have some fun

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:57 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilMimister006

<-- is fun person!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:00 PM
LilMimister006 is currently offline Click here to Send LilMimister006 a Private Message Find more posts by LilMimister006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

^ is correct!

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:00 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I cannot really say I agree with the basic premise. The proportion of people willing to put decent effort into relationships and not be endlessly shallow is NOT small- the whole world works on that basis (and there is no difference between new and old). And a very large amount of girls who complain that all guys want is sex are doing so only because it is fun to moan- it so happens girls want a ton of sex as well, as we only recently talked about here. Likeiwse, a very large amount of girls who seem to only want muscley guys actually want more than that and a large proportion of guys who say they are only intersted in sex are, when they get older and more down to it, also interested in a lot more.

This is just typical teen worry, is all. I agree with Diego. People are better than that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote