KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Did US REALLY land on the Moon?

Did US REALLY land on the Moon?
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Well, there you go.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2001 01:16 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well, I liked that movie.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2001 01:24 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And you're welcome to it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2001 01:37 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

well dont you think the Russian would have emphesized on those mentioned subject if it was a fraud. They would have been all over the landing if they thought it was a hoax, they were just as skilled in Russia/USSR as they were at Nasa. So no they landed on the moon no doubt, at least in my mind.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2001 04:48 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is STILL something that is causing controversy, having looked around a little.

I still reckon the landings happened; the Russian reaction alone is enough to convince me of that. But in any case, one of the counter-arguments thrown back at Conspiracy theorists is that they should know better than to question NASA, who are apparenlty God-like and infallible.

Excuse me? NASA are human just like the rest of us. Any organisation that scratches a mission because of a metric/Imperial measurements mix-up is perfectly capable of, say, cocking up the realism on fake moon shots.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 02:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Personally, I strongly believe it did happen.

Next someone will say that the International Space Station is a fake...

Or that they don't really lauch shuttles at the Cape.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 03:47 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Cerainly I still think it will take more to convince me that it was faked.

But still, VERY interesting stuff all around.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 03:49 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, having seen the setup at Kennedy I can't believe its one big fake.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 03:50 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sapcestation doesn't exist except for the mock-ups here on earth. Mir didn't exist. They are just more excuses to put sattelites up there to keep an eye on us and to place military equipment up there. Who knows what's up there? Who can check it?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 12:27 PM
Jameous Woodshire

Well, there are these things made called telescopes, and they use them to see things far away...

Really like I said before, they have seen the lunar lander from a telescope.

Also I have seen the space shuttle coming back to earth and it was special! It made one HUGE streak across the sky, then the whole line faded at once. It was like nothing I've ever seen. It was awsome!

One more, Apollo 13 was the last mission to the moon, if that was a hoax or publicity trick for morale, wouldnt they have continued going on with a hoax than put the whole of NASA on the back burner till the early '80s when the space shuttle came in?

And while I'm on a topic...
Someone said that it was faked on a sound stage.
It was also said that proof that it was faked was the flag was 'waving'.

Um, excuse me, but if it was filmed on a sound stage then there would be NO 'wind' or even enough airconditioners to make it move on a set that big. The flag moved because it was held by the astronaut.

[ July 04, 2001: Message edited by: Jameous Woodshire ]

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 12:43 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ahem, obviously you don't know very much about moviemaking. There are huge fans that can simulate any kind of storm on a soundstage or outside on location. They can sure make a flag wave, I assure you.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 01:29 PM
Ratcat

Jameous, I hate top worry you but I think the astonauts of Apollos 14 thru 17 might have something to say about you statement concerned 13 being the last mission...

Apollo 14 - Jan '71
Apollo 15 - Jul '71
Apollo 16 - Apr '72
Apollo 17 - Dec '72

Also, the Russians have landed and successful controlleed two robot craft on the Lunar surface. The Lunokhod vehicles manouvoured around the moon surface and sent back valuable scientific data.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 09:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

RC is right, and while it is difficult to rpove there is at least good indictation that NASA's funding would have been cut if it was not for the increased public interest caused by Apollo 13.

Still, who really knows, eh? I just find the whole thing fascinating, that's all. Some shots are DEFINITELY faked, that's the thing, but it still seems very likely that the landings happened.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 11:23 PM
Ratcat

Actually it is provable. NASA has gone on record to say that the Apollo 13 mission was "good for the space business" as it raised public awareness and helped them secure funding.

That said, they still scrapped at least 4 Apollo missions (18-21).

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 11:36 PM
Jameous Woodshire

Ok, I retract my statement about the last mission. It was late, I wasnt thinking.

But I do know something about movie making. Thats what I do (when I have a job).

I meant they would not have wanted to use a fan to make a storm (or wind or breeze) if it was filmed on a sound stage. It wouldnt be authentic. IF it was filmed on a stage then the air would not have been moving enough to move the flag. That would have required a fan (or several for the size of the 'set' in some shots). That would be obviously wrong, and unnecessary to the 'production'. Thus no fan. no flag waving.

Like I said its the same argument to prove the hoax that counterdicts the other pro hoax argument.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 01:15 AM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Queeq works in that sort of area too; we'll see what he thinks, but assuming hat it WAS a hoax I still wouldn't put it past NASA to have put in the breeze erroneously.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:09 AM
Ratcat

And 2 film makers go head to head....

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:11 AM
queeq
Chaos

No, I won't do that.

Maybe they shot it outside at night. I dunno, doesn't seem too hard to simulate that.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:44 AM
Ratcat

And don't forget Salvage One....

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:44 AM
queeq
Chaos

Salvage one?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 03:02 AM