KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » phoenix

phoenix
Started by: Hegemon875

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hegemon875
Archvillain

phoenix

Did anyone else notice the phoenix at the end of X2

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 05:35 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

yup! yup! the phoenix bird flying in the lake. that was cool.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 05:43 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Remy
LeBeau.

Yeah, the Phoenix ending was cool.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 06:27 PM
Remy is currently offline Click here to Send Remy a Private Message Find more posts by Remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

Yup..and there are other Phoenix foreshadowing in the movie other than the one under the lake.

And you can see their evolution.

(please log in to view the image)

1st pic : Phoenix bird silhouette.
2nd pic : Half Phoenix half human silhouette. (Either it's hard to notice or I'm imagining things. LOL)
3rd pic : Human Phoenix silhouette.

In other words...

Voila!!! Jean Grey the Phoenix in X3!!!! mwahahahaha!!!

And of course, let's not forget her "fiery eyes"

big grin

Last edited by shadowy_blue on Oct 2nd, 2003 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 12:10 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RemyLeBeau
Le Diable Blanc

that was pretty awesome Jeans an awesome character without the Phoenix deal but this will make her even cooler.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 02:00 AM
RemyLeBeau is currently offline Click here to Send RemyLeBeau a Private Message Find more posts by RemyLeBeau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

Good job shadowy_blue!
I only noticed the last one when I first saw the movie.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 04:12 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

eek!

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 06:22 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Remy
LeBeau.

Er, I don't remember that first pic from the movie, shadowy_blue, what scene is it from?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 01:04 PM
Remy is currently offline Click here to Send Remy a Private Message Find more posts by Remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Its easy to see her evolution tru out the movie.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 02:12 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

I wonder how they will explain the phoenix's origin in the movie because they have obviously changed it from the comic.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 07:08 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I think they are going to make it a natural evolution.
Or maybe link it to that machine Magneto used in the 1st movie cos after wolvie destroys it she acts a bit weird. like she felt something and at the beginning of x2 Scott tells jean she has been having problems with her power since liberty island.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 07:14 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roguegambit
Southern Belle

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
I think they are going to make it a natural evolution.
Or maybe link it to that machine Magneto used in the 1st movie cos after wolvie destroys it she acts a bit weird. like she felt something and at the beginning of x2 Scott tells jean she has been having problems with her power since liberty island.

Hmm you got a point there Kes.
When that machine was started by Rogue the white "flood" covered them all up. That could have evolved Jean into the Phoenix smile

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 07:26 PM
roguegambit is currently offline Find more posts by roguegambit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Remy
LeBeau.

I still think the comic solution is better.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 08:37 PM
Paola
Ronin

but too long for 1 movie sad

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:34 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

quote:
Originally posted by Remy
Er, I don't remember that first pic from the movie, shadowy_blue, what scene is it from?

Um... i think it was when cyclops was in that energy room and jean looks for him and scott sees her but not clearly and he shoots his blast thing and jean stops it.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:38 PM
Paola
Ronin

quote:
Originally posted by VallejoKid707
Um... i think it was when cyclops was in that energy room and jean looks for him and scott sees her but not clearly and he shoots his blast thing and jean stops it.

He sees and recognizes her... but he's being manipulated by Stryker.... so he attacks her

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:47 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

I would add that he had recognized her before, because he attacked Jean,Magnéto & Mystique. Then Cyclops and Jean fight in this room, because Cyclops is under Stryker's control.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 09:54 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

To conclude, let's just say it went like this:

Jean: aaahh!!
Scott: Jean!! No! No! No!..it's alright, it's me..
Jean: Scott ?!
Scott: I'm so sorry...I can see you but I can't stop myself..I've tried, I'm sorry
Jean: Oh...I love you so much..
Scott: I love you...
Jean: Ahh...my leg
Jean and Scott: .............(silence for a while)
Jean: Scott....
Scott: .....??
Jean: Something's wrong....

In the text that I've bolded and italicized, it was clear that Scott saw Jean, and from what he said, "I can't stop myself, I've tried...I'm sorry", it just means that he recognized her. So all in all, all of you are correct. big grin

Clear enough !?!

Cool big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 12:03 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mistofojerrie

I'd just like to say..."Hi Ev'body!!!" and now I’d like to add that, um, I like the idea of Jean becoming Phoenix through a natural evolution...it'd be waaay to hard, to long and too weird if they did the whole Shi'ar story, especially for people not accustomed to the comic book OR Cartoon (which changed the original Phoenix story too btw), So, having Jean go through a natural evolutionary period, kinda fits the movier-verse really well *I* think (after all, this is only my opinion! ~_^), also, as for the Liberty Island incident, I don't think Magneto’s machine affected Jean (LOL now watch Singer prove me wrong!), remember in the first movie when someone asks if Magneto’s machine affects mutants and i think it was Jean that said "It doesn't appear to" or something like that, it might affect Mutants, but if it did, then Toad, Sabretooth, Magneto and Mystique and all the other X-Men should have evolved by now too (maybe), I wonder if Jean was acting all wonky after Wolvie destroyed the machine because she sensed that Rogue had died...its a possibility, hopefully, we'll learn more in the third movie (which there will be because I command it! to happen lol...I’m such a nerd...) and then I’ll shut up about my theories...hmm, actually, i think I’ll just shut up now LOL

"Jean Grey no longer exists...speak only to The Phoenix!"

"Mutation. It is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward..."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 07:05 AM
mistofojerrie is currently offline Click here to Send mistofojerrie a Private Message Find more posts by mistofojerrie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by mistofojerrie
I'd just like to say..."Hi Ev'body!!!" and now I’d like to add that, um, I like the idea of Jean becoming Phoenix through a natural evolution...it'd be waaay to hard, to long and too weird if they did the whole Shi'ar story, especially for people not accustomed to the comic book OR Cartoon (which changed the original Phoenix story too btw), So, having Jean go through a natural evolutionary period, kinda fits the movier-verse really well *I* think (after all, this is only my opinion! ~_^), also, as for the Liberty Island incident, I don't think Magneto’s machine affected Jean (LOL now watch Singer prove me wrong!), remember in the first movie when someone asks if Magneto’s machine affects mutants and i think it was Jean that said "It doesn't appear to" or something like that, it might affect Mutants, but if it did, then Toad, Sabretooth, Magneto and Mystique and all the other X-Men should have evolved by now too (maybe), I wonder if Jean was acting all wonky after Wolvie destroyed the machine because she sensed that Rogue had died...its a possibility, hopefully, we'll learn more in the third movie (which there will be because I command it! to happen lol...I’m such a nerd...) and then I’ll shut up about my theories...hmm, actually, i think I’ll just shut up now LOL

Its just an option. Maybe it only affected her for some reason big grin
I just think its weird that she starts acting eird right after the machine is destoied and in the beginning of X2 Scott says she has been like that since Liberty island.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 03:54 PM