KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » What's the most over rated horror movie...

What's the most over rated horror movie...
Started by: Evil Dead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

What's the most over rated horror movie...

in your opinion........

I think the most over rated horror movie ever has got to be the Excorsist............people talk about this movie as if it is the be all end all of horror movies yet I don't think it's even the best of it's contemporaries. I think the Omen and The Amityville Horror are both better and either should be held in higher reguard than the Excorsist.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 01:57 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Brilliant minds think alike, I also believe teh exorcist to be over rated.

Some others are halloween, nosferatu, the ring, sixth sense, queen of the damned, and friday the 13th...

There are more, but those were the ones off the top of my head.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

the ring

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:03 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

does anyone think queen of the damned is a horror movie? i hope not. i know it failed at the box offices and on video. john carpenters vampires is over rated. its just stupid. along with most modern of wes cravens movies

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I wouldn't call Vampires over rated.....only because I've never heard anybody say that this movie was just excellent. I myself like the movie......but I don't think it's all that great. I think it's just a regular ol' mediocre modern vampire flick.............if anybody thinks it's more than that, I agree that they are over rating it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:18 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i just always here people praising this movie as a great vampire movie. when in reality its not all that great. maybe its just on this end of the grape vine that i here it all the time. i know its another one of those movies like dusk till dawn. but i just here it all the tim john carpenters vampires. yeah man. for the record i do love dusk till dawn.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

From Dusk 'till Dawn is indeed a great movie.............I was shocked when it first appeared in the horror aisle of my local video store. I don't think it's horror at all...I couldn't imagine anybody at all being scared by this.........I mean, if anything it's a parody of or atleast a tongue in cheek salute to the old 70s B movies.........still great movie.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:41 AM
BackFire

from dusk till dawn deals with many of the same aspects and conflicts that are seen in the majority of horror movies, which is why its considered horror.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

whhaaaaaaa

did u say that halloween is a overated movie?
is that a bad thing about it or good cause all i kno is that most (not all) of the halloween movies r good

Attachment: pic6r.jpg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 04:55 AM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

yeah i said its over rated. I dont feel it deserves all the credit it gets.
It is good, but not great.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 05:00 AM
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I hate Halloween: Resurrection badly.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 05:53 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

First movie that comes to mind is The Sixth Sense. The second movie that comes to mind is The Exorcist.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:00 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

1. I agree that Halloween is over rated............it is a damn good movie, the first one that is..........but people act like it was something truly ground breaking or original like Hellraiser or A Nightmare on Elm St.......what was so new about the concept of a crazy person killing people? Again.......I like the movie, just don't think it deserves the cult status it has attained. Same with Friday the 13th. I like alot of the movies..........just not anything worth telling your friends, "oh my god you've got to see this awesome movie".........

2. I disagree in part with the Sixth Sense. I think it deserved all the acclaim it recieved when it came out. They did a very good job on this movie. The bad thing is that the entire movie leads to a twist ending......once you've already seen the movie once it loses the same appeal because you already know the twist.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 07:36 AM
BackFire

I think sixth sense is a tad over rated. For one simple reason, were it not for its ending, no one would have cared much about it. Any movie that relies on its ending to be good shouldnt be considered great.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 07:59 AM
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

alright

Alright i get ur point on the Halloween movie but i realy dont care wut u say but any1 like the Stephen King movie IT?

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 01:06 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

exorsist, all of my frinds talk about it as it was Lord of The Rings or something, and Scream it aint even scary at all

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:10 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Normbodia

well personally there are two movies that come to my mind as being way to overrated. The first is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre i was veyr disappointed. Aslo, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, the box show him cutting somenes throat, he doesn't do it in the movie, or I missed it. Both very disappointing.

- Obi-Wan

Elan Sleazebaggano
Wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi Wan
You don't wanna sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano
I don't wanna sell you death sticks!
Obi Wan
You wanna go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano
I wanna go home and rethink my life!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 04:40 PM
Jedi Normbodia is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Normbodia a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Normbodia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Normbodia

I thought Friday the 13th was one of the more bloody movies that I've seen, but then I've been desensitized to violence over the years lol that's probably why those other movies weren't too scary to me.

- Obi-Wan

Elan Sleazebaggano
Obi Wan
Elan Sleazebaggano
Obi Wan
Elan Sleazebaggano

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 04:42 PM
Jedi Normbodia is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Normbodia a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Normbodia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Normbodia

IT was awesome lol.

- Obi-Wan

Elan Sleazebaggano
Obi Wan
Elan Sleazebaggano
Obi Wan
Elan Sleazebaggano

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 04:44 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Haha..........you bashed on Henry Portrait of a serial killer and TCM in one thread.........BF will love that.

Friday the 13th bloody? Not by a long shot..........havn't watched many horror movies have you. There's more blood in the first 15 minutes of any Hellraiser movie than there is in the entire Friday the 13th series combined..........there's more blood in one scene of Evil Dead when Ash is in the basement and the pipe breaks than there is in the entire Friday the 13th series combined, I could go on and on all day like this.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 05:37 PM