KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » this is kinda stupid

this is kinda stupid
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

this is kinda stupid

u spend money like say 15 bucks to go to a show to see a movie and it is 15 cause noone goes to the show by themselves but ne way u pay that money for a ticket and then popcorn pop and such wacht the movie once then wait for it to come out on dvd i think we should just wait till it comes out on dvd and then buy it and have it for 20 bucks all our life i mean going to the show sucks if u rnot on a date i cant wait fro some movies to come out but most of them ic an wait till they come out onto dvd

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 04:14 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Point. I never go movies alone, waste of time and cash.
Its more a social thing really.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 02:03 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

true but still i would rather go out for dinner witha gf then bring her to the movie but i dont know i think movies should be left for the house then if it sucks u can do other things lol but i have gone to many many moives at the show i aint dissing the movie thearter but they should just come down on the prices of food a lil dont u agree cause like 8 bucks for popcorn is nuts

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 02:42 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I hardly ever go out the theatre.......I usually wait for the dvd. I only go to the theatre when it's a movie I've been waiting for already and can't wait another 6 months to see......most recently were Freddy v/s Jason and Reloaded. I'm also going to go see the TCM remake, don't think I'll be able to wait an extra 6 months on that one to see how well or how badly they remade it. Ofcourse I'm also going to go see Revolutions.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 12:19 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny_rotten

It's hard to concentrate in movie theatres at times. Theres's always some daft burk who spoils it for everyone.

I say do away with all movie theatres & just have DVD releases. !!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:00 PM
johnny_rotten is currently offline Click here to Send johnny_rotten a Private Message Find more posts by johnny_rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

#1. Sex Pistols own all

#2. They should have never re-united........Rotten's voice is too high and cracks/shudders while he sings now.........he butchers his own classics.

#3. What is a daft burk?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:32 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnny_rotten

I agree with points 1 & 2 totally..and absolutely.

Well the "Daft burks" I have encountered are people that :-

a) Make too much noise.
b) say "he did it" half way through the movie.
etc etc

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:42 PM
johnny_rotten is currently offline Click here to Send johnny_rotten a Private Message Find more posts by johnny_rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

my mom is a daft burk then she always ruins the movies for me

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 05:13 PM
julibug

"daft burk" - the guy who didn't turn off his cell phone before the movie started, gets a call during an important scene & decides to answer - stays in theater talking loudly.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 12:46 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

When i went to see LOTR, I had a bad case of 'Daft Burks'.
- People Talking throughout movie, Yawning to annoy others.
- Dude snoring out loud.
- THREE cellphones went off.
- They applauded when Aragon did away with the orc's head, i mean come on, who applauds in the movies !?

Hence, the movies are only for big premiers or if im bored with mates.
Prices are crazy too.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 04:25 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I only go to the movie theater every now and then and that is usually just because someone else is paying for me laughing

The last time I actually went to the movie theater that I can remember is when I went to see Legally Blonde 2 and How to Deal, and that was quite awhile ago. I agree with Deniro, I just don't see the point in paying all of that money for just a couple of hours

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 06:49 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i go to the movies every week or 2, never alone, only with my buddies. Like yerss said, mostly a social thing.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 08:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

i hate when u got to ****in pee in the show and u c=got to hurry up so u wont miss ne thing and the guy or girl who chews veyr loud or sips there drink in a sulurping manner drives me :whacko:

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 04:21 PM
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I like to go the movies really early in the day so that way it isn't totally crowded with people. Of course not many people can do that because they either have school or work.

I guess I just lucked out with being homeschooled and all smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 10:47 PM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, going early is great, it's cheaper and less hectic, plus theres a greater chance of getting decent seats. Luckily i live near a theater that never gets too crowded, any movie that comes out i can see without any problem.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 10:59 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

matinees rule!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 11:48 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

especially for us - if all three of us go - that adds up really fast. then throw in the popcorn, cokes, etc.!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2003 11:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx

why dont you go to a matinee. seeing a movie during the matinee is cheaper then renting a new movie at blockbuster. The only time i dont go to a matinee to see a movie is when its a movie i've been anticipating for a long time. Thats when i reserve the V.I.P section with the leather seats. I buy me a beer then go sit back in my leatherd seat and enjoy a movie with my girl. my buddies are to poor to see anything other than a matinee. then again so am i but i save up when i make my movie night a special event. lol

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 06:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

i don't agree with movies as only a social thing. actually i prefer not to wait on my friends or b/f to see a movie. our schedules have always been to off kilter. i'ld never see anything at the theater if i waited for them

i also consider them mini-vacations from all the jack-offs in the world who bug the crap out of me on a regular basis. i always go to matinees cuz they're cheaper and if you have a theater that has a free club card you can rack up the points for free popcorn and drinks. or eat somewhere else before you to the theater so it will be cheaper. for what it costs for popcorn and a drink you can get a big juicy cheeseburger, spuds, and a refillable drink at Fudruckers.

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:49 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i hate going to movies with my friends, becuase i actually like watching the movie. but it usually ends up as a social thing. I dont believe it should only be social thing, but it sucks playing arcades alone while waiting for the movie to start

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote