KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Fav Philosopher?

Fav Philosopher?
Started by: -hh-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eat My Ass

Cool

no prob hock cool

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 12:16 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 12:17 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

philosophy is great smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 12:48 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i've done alot of independant research on philosophy. The most renowned,and inspirational are of course the greeks.Anything on Socrates is a gaurenteed mind opening read. Aristotle is amazing with his beliefs that go against logic, and also like all the other greats. He possesed a mind that existed in a realm only a select few even ever glimpse.

My favorite philosophers come direct from ancient China. Asian philosophers and minds have always been a step above and in front of any others. Beliefs that were being hinted to during 800 b.c in greece were already acknowledged a generation earlier in asia. I'm not saying that socrates or plato, or aristotle have not given us great knowledge. They have realized things that no other could or will ever achieve. However asian philosophers push the boundaries of the mind, body and spirit like no other. Laozi was who pulled me twords chinese philosophy. The greatest realization in my opinion in all of philosophy is the theory of the yin and yang.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i also like some of Bruce lee's writings with the connection of the spirit and body

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

the theory of the yin and yang is very deep and interesting to learn. we didn't really learn much about the yin and yang but i think i would do some individual research after i get some more info on Plato. RR if u have any website on Plato plz do tell me smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:13 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah i havent researched to much on the yin and yang, it has quite a lengthy past.

what kind of site are you looking for on plato ? imformation on his history or on his writings? I have a site i used to research him a while ago. I'ts not the best, but it does give a broad description on his life and also has links to other sites on info about him. I dont know how to post websites. i'll try this www.rocky.edu/~ehrichd/plato.html

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx

info starts at the bottom of the page

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:25 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

thx RR, great website. i just need like a timeline of his life. his accomplishments. and some other interesting info. but thx its a great website smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx

NP, hope you find what your lookin for

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:00 AM
KidRock

socrates

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:33 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

hmmmm here's a great question for everyone. Who do you think is the greatest philosopher of all time? hard question in my opinion.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:34 AM
Eat My Ass

socrates, just cause my beliefs are eerie similar to what he stated(but i had my beliefs before i even knew of him)...changed my life.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:47 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

hmmm good choice. damn its hard to choose, there are soo many great ones check it, Voltaire, Locke, Hobbes, Montesquiue, Horace, Plato, Aristotle, Epicurus, Diderot, Rousseau and more...

i like how Epicurus said that the pleasure of the human body is the stomach smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx

jesus christ smile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i know many people would say socrates however i believe the student surpassed the teacher in this case. Plato was the first person to write in a dialogue manner. I dont know who the best would be, i dont even know how you would rate them. Philosophy is different perceptions. I guess you have to look at there achievments.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:10 AM
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i know many people would say socrates however i believe the student surpassed the teacher in this case. Plato was the first person to write in a dialogue manner. I dont know who the best would be, i dont even know how you would rate them. Philosophy is different perceptions. I guess you have to look at there achievments.

yeah philosophy is different perceptions and so is everything else, that's what Socrates realized and that's why i chose him smile
I don't think Plato "surpassed" Socrates, he just wrote all his work down(along with Socrates' works) i just think that Socrates made the most significant "discovery"(if you want to call it that). I mean unlike a lot of other philosophy's his can be applied to every single thing...ever...And i think even in this modern world his statements are highly ignored and overlooked

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i diddnt mean that plato had surpassed socretes in knowledge, only in achievments.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:39 AM
Eat My Ass

oh ok, word...

i'm out, c ya all tomorrow night on FRIDAY WOOHOO 3 day weekend baby! goodnight

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:41 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

its getting late...im going to sleep soon.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 04:41 AM