KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Forum Features

Forum Features
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Preview feature has just been added.

Did you know that if you click on the last poster on the topics page, you will be taken to that message without scrolling? (was a feature added)

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 06:49 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Forum Features

What sort of new features would you like to see? Anything you would like to change?

Heres whats current in the pipeline:
  • Same Color/Layout
  • Preview Function

Anything you would like to add?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 04:58 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Heres an update.

I've changed the color scheme to match the old forum. I'm going to be changing the banners to the new ones Dim sent me soon.

Changed the transition screen that annoyed Ush. Now gives you the option to either read your message, or return to the forum.

Changed the way the signature breaks were placed. If the signature is composed of an image, the break isn't place.

Please post any new features you would like to see.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 08:23 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Looks like you've been working hard, Raz. Thanks. We really appreciate all your efforts to make this a user friendly place. cool

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 03:51 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, it's pretty gorgeous now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 08:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

How about that thing you added on EZboard, where you could see who was online. Can that be added here as well?
I though it was pretty weird when you put it there but I kinda got used to it.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 08:27 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

How would you lot feel about a whos online feature, which tells you exactly what each person is doing. Or would you want a plain one which just gives the usernames?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 08:30 PM
queeq
Chaos

A plain one will do for me. I don't want to know every detail RC's doing. Uggh. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 08:49 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I want to see everything! Curiousity is my vice...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 09:39 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Oh well, there goes the privacy.... laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 07:12 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Like you had any. big grin

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 07:32 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

OK, I'll look into integerating the Whos online into the forum. It may take a while though.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 09:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not good enough. Get it now! NOWnownownownownownow!

BTW- it was VERY slow here today... is there any logic to it?

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 10:08 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Will there be a strutures rankign system returning? And a direct link from your site?

And now I have the most recent post at EVERYWhERE save the Council... ha ha ha...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 11:49 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

There IS a rank system (in the SW forums) as follows:
  • Default - Jedi Padawan
  • 100 - Jedi Knight
  • 500 - Jedi Master

There are two more mystery ranks after this....but I'll let you guess them.

The link to the site will be up as soon as I update the site.....any day now big grin

I don't understand your last remark...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2001 12:08 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Great, it's just that Zereil wants to be a Knight, and he was so close at the old place.

And now I have ALL the most recent posts in forums except for the Council AGAIN...

And shouldn't that be GMT PLUS five hours down the bottom there? That IS a minus sign, isn't it? And it's BST right now anyway...

[ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: Ushgarak ]

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2001 12:47 AM
queeq
Chaos

Ush is opting for a promotion again, eh?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2001 09:19 AM
Ratcat

EST is minus 5 hours from GMT.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2001 05:06 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm not sure that's how it's meant to work... and it's BST anyway... spot the pedanti-o-phone again!

Um... could the unread messages system be changed? Only sometimes I pop in just to check the role-play, and when I come back later it's blanked the unread mark on the messages in other forums because it only lights up those changed since your last visit... bit irritating for me, really. Is a 'mark as read' option not practical?

BtVS

Old Post Apr 20th, 2001 07:14 PM
Ratcat

I knowwe're in BST, but that doesn't change the fact that EST is minus 5 hours from GMT.

Anyway, EST is on savings time as well so it's still 5 hours minus...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2001 04:36 AM