KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » Back To The Future Cast Revealment: Jennifer Parker!

Back To The Future Cast Revealment: Jennifer Parker!
Started by: Pain Drain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pain Drain

Back To The Future Cast Revealment: Jennifer Parker!

Part of a intervew with Bob Gale at www.bttf.com, as follows:

http://www.bttf.com/interviews/2001/bobgale.shtml[/url]

I have a casting question that I'm hoping you can shed some light on. A few years ago, I asked Claudia Wells during an interview about her scenes with Eric Stoltz, and she informed me that she never filmed any scenes with Eric other than some production photography because she originally had a prior commitment to the television series Off the Rack that conflicted with her being cast as Jennifer Parker in the first film. While she said that she had been cast in the film originally, she had to pass and another actress got the part. She said that a few months later, her series ended about the same time that Michael was brought in to replace Eric Stoltz, and that she was brought back in at that same time. She never gave me the name of the actress who had been cast, but indicated that it was one of the young actresses who was also up for a part in The Goonies and Young Sherlock Holmes. Can you elaborate on this story?

The actress was Melora Hardin, a truly wonderful and talented young lady. What happened was, she was the same height as Eric, but two or three inches taller than Michael. Bob and I didn't have any problem with the idea that Marty's girlfriend could be taller than him, but just about everyone on the crew did (especially the women!). So that's why she was recast — it was a height issue. And I'll tell you, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, breaking the news to Melora, because she didn't do anything to warrant being let go. She was in tears, of course, and I was sick about it for days. I haven't spoken with her in about ten years, but now that I'm thinking about her, I just might have to do that

Last edited by Pain Drain on Oct 4th, 2003 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 03:30 PM
Pain Drain is currently offline Click here to Send Pain Drain a Private Message Find more posts by Pain Drain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pain Drain

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 03:34 PM
Pain Drain is currently offline Click here to Send Pain Drain a Private Message Find more posts by Pain Drain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote