KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Ronny Yu talks abut his future

Ronny Yu talks abut his future
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Ronny Yu talks abut his future

The Freddy vs. Jason DVD
"There are so much Freddy fans, and there are so much Jason fans. Probably about fifty-fifty. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't upset anyone. I wanted everyone to walk out of the cinema with big smiles on their faces. So we shot two endings, and at the end I could present them both and see which one was the best. Ultimately, the other ending – the one you see now – was the one that satisfied the fans the most". Yu says that other ending will be on the forthcoming DVD. "It will be on there. Most definitely. But I'm not telling you who wins in that one", he laughs. "There's a great DVD coming actually. I love it. It's called a Platinum Collectors edition and it'll be two discs. On the first disc we will have this whole feature on the evolution of both series with interviews and everything, leading right up to Freddy vs. Jason. And then we have some deleted scenes, including some of the CGI stuff that I just didn't think worked. There are also two commentaries - One just me by myself, and then one with Englund and the guy that plays Jason".

Freddy vs. Jason 2 and the Elm Street Prequel
And with "Freddy vs. Jason" doing so well at the overseas box office, is there talk of any more? "After the box office returns on this one, they're already taking about it. And if they want me back, I'd be happy to come back. The fans really want another one. This time, I think we should split Freddy and Jason up though and bring in someone like Michael Myers". Yu says he'd also be interested in directing the much-talked about "Elm Street" prequel, that Robert Englund's flying the flag for. "I'd love to. Robert is so for it. I mean, he's so into Freddy. He's just so good at it."

Childs Play 5
Another iconic horror character making a comeback according to the grapevine is Chucky. Yu directed the last instalment, "Bride of Chucky". "They've been talking about it for so long, doing another one. But I really enjoyed doing Bride. It came down to the fact that they just had a great script. It was a great experience. I learnt on Hong Kong movies how to successfully mix-match both the horror and comedy genre's and I think made it work here, and also for Freddy vs. Jason."

Blood - The Last Vampire
Next up, says the director, is a feature film version of anime classic "Blood: The Last Vampire Slayer". "It's about this highschool girl who carries this huge Samurai sword. We've just started on the script but ideally we'd be having a mix-match of American and Japanese actors for it".

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 09:14 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote