KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » A.I.

A.I.
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

A.I.

Is anyone as excited about seeing A.I as I am?, I know it opens on Friday, but I cant hardly contain myself! They have been showing all sorts of previews and clips on T.V, just adding to my agony! That reminds me, remember when Lucas showed a preview of Episode I 6 months before it opened?, that was just torturous! The six month wait was just cruel! I hope he doesn't do the same thing for Episode 2, I dont think I could take it! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 11:20 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Yep, we will get a trailer by oct. so it should be another 6 mo wait wink

Still not sure about A.I. have to see it before I pass judgement on it.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 12:21 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

As far as i've heard, you have to go into it with the mindset of seeing a Stanley Kubrick film, not a traditional Spielberg one, he has even gone as far as to set up shots as if Kubrick had done them. The trailer looks very good though.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2001 10:34 PM
Coreworld is currently offline Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I just got back from seeing the film, and all I can say is wow! This movie is one of the best films I've ever seen. Speilberg is amazing and Halley Joe Osmond was unbelievable. I give high praise to everybody involved in this movie.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 09:36 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I saw it yesterday, we'll today, it was over at 2:00am. I still dont know what to think, it was so weird! I'm going to need about 3 days to digest everything before I can truly say if I like it or not. How about that ending?, wasn't that just the most unexpected ending in cinematic history? Just when you think the movie ends, BANG, it just gets weirder. The special effects were far superior then TPM, and how about that Teddy, wasn't he just mesmerizing?, he's the R2D2 for the 21st century!!! smile or sad , sont know yet!!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 09:43 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I loved it...It's overwhelming..WOW eek!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 02:33 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I saw some pictures from the film for the first time yesterday. I thought it was almost a remake of D.A.R.Y.L but now I think that I may have got it wrong.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 12:20 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

WHY???????

WHY????????

WHY?????????

Why do I have to wait so long?????? mad

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 05:09 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

One assumes this has some ludicrous releae date for the dutch market?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 07:36 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't know when it's going to be released, actually. I haven't heard anything about the movie here.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 08:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I can now say that this movie is close to genious, but not quite, maybe if Speilberg wasn't so sentimental and didn't drag out the ending, the movie could of been a masterpiece! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 09:18 PM
ThaJackal

i seen the movie twice now, and i will say this is the best movie i have ever seen by speilberg or kubrick, and without a doubt one of the best movies i have ever seen, i loved teddy, david, and the ending.
the movie is just brilliant..
the plot, dilog, acting, directing, fx, everything is amazing.
oh an yes the fx blow episode 1 away... but hey theres always episode 2 lol
but this is the best movie of the year, and prolly of the past 10 years... i loved it...
this should sweep the oscars, including best actor, director, and fx's..

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 02:04 PM
ThaJackal is currently offline Click here to Send ThaJackal a Private Message Find more posts by ThaJackal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DD

I've seen the trailer and a few pics of it, but that's all I've seen. Still, I get the feeling it's my kind of film, so I shall go watch it when it's out over here.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 05:25 PM
DD is currently offline Click here to Send DD a Private Message Find more posts by DD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
<buddhabunny>

I take it the 'aliens' at the end are the evolved robots, who outlasted the human race. Opinions?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 11:06 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

That's what I think, but still, I feel the movie should of ended underwater with David trapped under the ferris wheel, not two thousand years later.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 12:07 AM
finti

Saw a preview of it and it looked stupid. I m not gonna see it

Old Post Jul 4th, 2001 04:14 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

But then the movie would have had not resolution..thus, no point. He had to have resolution..

And yes, the "aliens" were evolved robots.. At first I thought "oh god, this is going to suck" but when I realized what they were I thought it was really cool..because it was unexpected..

The reason I liked the end of the movie because it wasn't some Hollywood ending where everything works out just perfectly. David did have his wish come true..but it was at a price. I think it was the best way to do it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:07 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Thanks people, won't bother seeing that one now.

That's like the people who just had to tell you that Bruce Willis was actually a ghost in The Sixth Sense..... sad mad

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:43 AM
Tex
Yumsz

We'll I dont, I think the movie had one big 'Hollywoodish' ending! Everything comes out to a sweet final resolution with him and his 'mom' going to sleep happily ever after, PLEASE, how typical! What price did David have to pay?, the narrator said that David stayed in the moment with his 'mom', as he did with the fairy for 2 thousand years, the movie would have been far more emotional and disturbing if David was left to rot in Manhattan! The movie is brilliant but the ending dissapointing!

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 10:02 AM
finti

Well YANKS you have no ruined the movie for the europeans on this board who wanted to see the movie(me not included) if you gonna discuss a movie and its ending START A NEW TOPIC AND PUT SPOILER ON IT!!!!!!!!! mad

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 12:23 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote