KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » A.I.

A.I.
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechalechahimechaheiniho

I came to this site because the A.I. website is jammed and I wanted to post an entry about the complexities of Gigolo Joe. Anyone out there interested in my analysis?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2001 01:20 AM
mechalechahimechaheiniho is currently offline Click here to Send mechalechahimechaheiniho a Private Message Find more posts by mechalechahimechaheiniho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

go for it...

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jul 15th, 2001 03:53 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AZ sun

quote:
Originally posted by finti:
<STRONG>Saw a preview of it and it looked stupid. I m not gonna see it</STRONG>

Finti, hi. I didn't know what to think
when I saw a preview of AI, I thought it
looked a little weird, but I saw it today
anyway. You were right, don't watch it.
I mean, it was one of the weirdest movies
I've ever seen. It's depressing, and I
hated the way it ended. The depressing
ending is still stuck in my head, I can't
get it out. I don't think I'll ever watch
it again.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 10:09 AM
AZ sun is currently offline Click here to Send AZ sun a Private Message Find more posts by AZ sun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Wiliam Hurt is in it thats enough for me not to see it.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 11:25 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Since I've seen AI and it was so good I won't be excited to see another movie until Episode II. Those who haven't seen it really don't know what they are missing out on.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jul 19th, 2001 12:05 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

I thought it was alright but a touch overtly sentimental...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 06:09 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

*SPOILER* For those who care...

The Aliens are Not, evolved A.I. there was nothing alive/working on earth, not even A.I. They were just aliens who visited 2000 years Late, they kept the Haley Robot as Info (Aliens love info) on what earth was like. Earth was done. The aliens are evolved In a sense, compared to what humans are not, and that would be 100% energy. They had no connection to earth, trust me, if they did they at leastSLIGHTLY remember what earth was like. but they dont. But they dont. They were there strictly on an archeological purpose.

2 things I liked: the funny Teddy. He made the movie for me.

And the Talking alien. When he sat on the bed with Haley, The crowd could not control themselves, and began laughing. The Alien had some sort of Englidh accent. Very Weird turn for the movie.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2001 02:04 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

It just doesn't make any sense for it to be just "aliens." Why would they show up after all the humans are gone? It has to be evolved AI or else it makes no sense.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 08:03 AM
Tex
Yumsz

I have to agree with Jedi Oasis, I believe that they were advanced mecha not aliens. Dont you remember what Gigilo Joe said to David, about how the humans didn't like mechas because when the humans are long gone, mechas would be the only ones left on the Earth. But who knows, that movie was very weird. It would take millions of years for the Earth to freeze over not thousands, and it was just ridiculous that the new york skyline was still intact after all those years, but it was still a good movie, too bad it flopped at the box office, it's doing fanominal in Japan.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 10:26 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

I totally Understand the notion of the A.I. Lasting longer than the humans, and all, but why dont they remember anything?? They of ALL things related to earth should've known what earth was like, and have document info on earths history implanted in their own minds.

Theres no reason for them to go digging through thousands of feet of frozen water in search of nothing. If they were then they're some bored droids. Aliens just showed up because, heck they were bound to show up sooner or later, and it turned out to be later. Besides the fact, that assuming they were A.I., is just that an assumption. Something Like that Spielberg would have made very clear. Showing the Life form was a "take it for what it is".

No hidden meanings. Besides they also said all the A.I. was destroyed as well. Which Is why they preserved the osmond boy.

Even if they were evolved A.I., there would have to be something that survived that made the link to the evolved beings. They cant just exist by osmosis. But there was nothing functioning human nor A.I. on all of earth. They must be from somewhere else.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 01:05 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah you have a point, but I dont think that mechas were programmed with an entire history of Earth that they pass down from mecha to mecha. I think that as time progressed mechas became more advanced to the point where they could reproduce themselves when the humans became extinct. At the end of the movie when the adavnced mecha (or aliens) discover David, they say that he must of been around the time of the humans, If they were aliens, how would they know humans were on the earth? only mecha would have that knowledge. Aliens would be clueless, true they would see ancient cities, but they could just assume that robots built and lived in those cities, but the moment they saw David they knew he was a mecha and they knew he lived with the humans. How would an Alien know that David lived among humans, there would be no way in knowing. Also the way the advanced Mecha deal with the environment, they are out in the open, wouldn't aliens need special breathing apparatus or chlothes or something, the advacned Mecha wouldn't need anything like that to protect them against the environment, because they adapted them selves to the changing environmet as the environment changed. We cant assume that no where on the Earth advanced mecha are living, because we only see Manhattan. I think that the whole notion of the advanced mecha digging through Manhattan has to do with the whole 'god' thing, the mechas are searching for clues of their creation, they want to know everything about their makers, just like humans search for god, so mechas search for there god, humans. But who knows, most Kubricks films leave unanswered questions, and I truly believe that the movie should of ended with David trapped under the Ferris wheel not 2,000 years later.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2001 10:09 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Very Good Point as well Texas. Especially about the part about God. I respect that, but perhaps that is why this angle is not very clear, it's open for interpretation.

But, I really do Like the notion of they're looking for their "god". You made your point a whole lot clearer in my eyes. Now I can easily see it both ways.

But another reason why I see aliens, (If for no reason at all), I can just see Spielberg throwing Aliens in right at the end of this film, to put his own signature on it. If you think about it, He has'nt done a Film about Aliens in a long time. And If anyone were asked, what Spielberg movie first pop's in your mind, more than Likely it will be E.T. or Close Encounters. Especially with Older folks.

But this has gotten me more interested into what is this truth about how this script was made, and I will look into it.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2001 08:15 AM
Tex
Yumsz

I think this is going to be one of those 'BladeRunner' things, we wont know for sure if their aliens or advanced Mecha untill Speilberg spills the beans, like when Ridley Scott revealed that Harrison Ford was a replicant in BladeRunner.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2001 10:30 AM
Pianoman

We may never find out. I hated the movie. Here in the US many critics said you either hated it or loved it, nothing in between. I didn't like it at all. The futuristicness(real word???) was amazing but over all it stunk.

And you've got us feeling alright.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 07:01 PM
Pianoman is currently offline Click here to Send Pianoman a Private Message Find more posts by Pianoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

OK, I finally saw this film on Saturday night.

Does anyone else feel that everything right after the ferris wheel collapsed on the flyer was pointless? I really felt the film should have ended there, I found no empathy with David after that and the voice over was extremely annoying.

I can understand why Brian Aldiss ended his collaboration with Kubrick when the theme of the blue fairy started to overtake the story. It really got to be too much by the end.

Also the scenes of Manhattan where quite chilling, especially see the twin towers half submerged. This is probably the last film that will ever feature those buildings, even if they were half submerged.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2001 07:26 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Oh yeah I agree, If you read farther back into the thread you'll see that I agree 100% with you! It should of ended with him being trapped under the ferris wheel. Some said that it couldn't have ended there because it would of left us with out any closure. Which I still dont understand. Kubrick would of ended it under the Ferris wheel! Speilberg was too sentimental. If he hadn't butchered the ending, it could of been a masterpiece.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2001 08:02 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

I think that could one of the things that Spielberg changed. Does anyone know for sure how Kubrick would have ended it?

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 02:44 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I did like this film, but I only saw it once. I think it's a movie meant to be watched several times.

But MY GOD, was that teddy bear funny!!!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 03:35 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

He was kewl cool If I had a teddy I'd make him clean my room and make dinner big grin

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 03:40 AM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Texas
If I had a teddy

Don't lie Tex, You DO have a teddy bear!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2001 04:58 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote