KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman V?

Batman V?
Started by: gunhead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jameous Woodshire

AGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

now I have to wash my brain.

Thanks guys! wink

And if you lady's havent been grossed out yet. How about Brando as Batman? (I heard he wouldnt wear pants or undies in his latest flick w/De Nerio. They shot him from the waist up) *Shudder*

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 04:37 AM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

There are currently 4 BAt movies in production. To clear up the mess left by the four films made already it is believed that the last two were not necessarily connected to the first two. The last two were instead films based on the 60's TV series as opposed to the comic. Batman YEar One is based upon the Frank Miller script which was tremendous, the only hope is that he doesnt also write the film script however given the laughable attempt on Robocop. Batman Year One could be very good and obviously has the reigns of directorship being handed over to someone who will capture the actual spirit of the charater instead of hamming it up as Clooney did which in fairness did cover the reminiscent feeling of the TV show. Batman BEyond is obviously a full screen cine movie that follows the Return of the Joker, and should have quality animation. Also in animation world at present is BAtman The Dark Kight Returns. This has currently been left in limbo however simply on the grounds that Miller is currently doing a sequel and they would rather see that pushed through and popularised enough to see if the Return is still as loved as it has been for the last 12 years. Finnally there is currently a Catwoman movie being made but not mentioning of Pfeifferor however you spell it, this apparently does have Batman in it and is now after a 5 year wait in production...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2001 02:08 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Hi.
Ok heres the problem with Batman.

The 1st was great. Part was just the dumbness of the writers and the Director. The joel schumacher movies, were YES campy, but wrong, in the sense that they followed such a strong serious Batman series. Infact according to the Comic book there is only one Batamn, Strong and Serious, the campiness died out in the 60's.
So even Though I think part 2 was horrible, and even though part 3 was better than 4 and had better action than part 2, I still respect part 2 more than then 3 and 4. Because those movies dont fit the Batamn Universe.

These Batman Movies will never happen, they are better off waiting it out 4 more years, give it some thought as what to do next, that will give time for better actors to arise, and new developments in the Batman Comic books. The main reason we'll never see michael Keaton or Michelle Pfieffer in a bat movie again, is because they were a product of Tim Burtons Batman Vision. Hardly anyone shares his vision. People were baffled when they heard michael Keaton would be Batamn. Turns Out he was the Best!! But he's a terrible Bruce wayne!!

Fact is the movies (all Four) were dumb in the fact that the directors were both too bull headed and wanted to Leave their personal mark on the Batman, But niether of them had the decency to respect the Comic book, NOR the animated Series. There is a HUGE BALANCE (just like "the force") to BATMAN. First off any Director too dumb to respect that Batman is always a Dark Brooding figure (schumacher), needs a wake up call. Heck look at the comics from 1940, the bat was even dark then, not till the show came up, did it get camp, and even then the comic was copying the show. At least Burton got the Dark Part Right, Now the other half is; YES Bruce Wayne is the Mask! Not Batman. Michael Keaton was not given the oportunity to play Bruce Wayne, he was Batman all day long, in both movies. All ways dark. A set back from the director, and the fact the Keaton is'nt all that of a Charmer. When Batman Plays Bruce Wayne, is overwhelmingly Playboy Like, flamboyant, anything to seperate him from Batman. he would'nt be fighting goons in the circus ring, ala Batman Forever.

My Point is, the animated Series was the closest thing to respecting the Batman Legacy ever, without actually being the comic book. The show was done to a "T", getting every aspect of Batman into the show. The Darkness, the physical, the intelligence and even the "gadjets". No one movie was able to do this. They should really look towards the show for guidance.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2001 01:05 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Liking Batman movies really depends on how much you knew about it before. I've never read the Batman comics but loved the T.V show when I was a kid and watched the cartoon now and again. So the movies are Batman for me and not the comics or cartoon. I love the first 3 movies but hate the fourth one.

If you go to movies.go.com there was a very breif interveiw with Danny Boyle (Trainspotting,The Beach) where he is asked about directing a Hollywood blockbuster and he says that he'd love to direct a Batman movie but with an entirely British cast.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 06:22 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Did ANYONE like the 4th one? I didn't, of course, but you can normally find exceptions to these things SOMEWHERE...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 08:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Part 3 was so horrible I refused to see part 4, Schumacher should be shot! mad

Old Post Aug 5th, 2001 08:55 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I'd say Batman Forever is as good as the first two but for totally different reasons.

If the casting had been better for four it might have been bearable.

I've only seen the cartoon a few times but to me it looks and feels like Tim Burtons Batman. Am I missing something? What are the differences from the cartoon and the first two movies because anyone I talk to say there are loads.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2001 02:29 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Believe it or not, the show has more character. Just watch about 10 episodes, and you'll learn so much about Batman, that any of the movies, never make time to go into.

Huge difference, Batman has character. Ofcourse the show came out, right at the point when Bataman Returns Came out, so theres one 2 part episode, that is similar to the movie. It has Catwoman in it.

But Other than that, the show is a guide to how, Other characters could be done, if they were ever to make it in a movie. And the show is more believe-able. In the Animated Series, Batman hardly does anything that is huumanly impossible, yet they do make him very physical. Another thing the movie Messed up. Either many things done in the movie were too Over the top, Or too hindered by that Stupid Thick rubber costume. Looked cool in the first movie. But by part 2, we realized, that the Costume is just too rediculous, for a real human Batam to wear. And by part 3 and 4, I thought I was watching a Batman stunt show, or icecapades, with Batman on Ice.

So the Animated Series fleshes out every character Well, and shows you that is the strength of the Batman Story. And it also delivered more and better Action than all the movies combined, and Realistic action aswell.

That's Another thing the Batman movies lacked: It was never an action movie. They always call it a Blockbuster, but it was never an Action movie. That's one of the reasons why the series fizzled.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2001 08:03 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

O.K. smile

What bad guys haven't we seen in the films yet, The Scarecrow is the only one I can think of.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2001 06:30 PM
Tex
Yumsz

We'll that's why the two Batman movies in pre-production take place before and after the batman we know today. Batman year one shows Bruce Waynes transformation into Batman. Batman Beyond take place 60 years in the future, so there is going to be new bad guys. Batman year one is suppose to be very dark and disturbing, it's being directed by the guy who directed Requiem for a Dream. I'm looking forward to both of them. The Batman Beyond cartoon is pretty kewl!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 03:50 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

If Batman Beyond is set in the future is it the same story? I mean are we going to see Bruce Waynes parents being killed and him becoming Batman again or is it an entireley different Batman.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 03:53 PM
FLIPMODE

Well this movie wont be made...but if it were whatever Silly screenwriter gets to do it, will probably do something dumb.

However the Show Batman Beyond, Bruce is old, and guides a younger guy named Terry, through being the new Future Batman.
He see's everything terry is doing. Is pretty cool, Plus the batsuit is enhanced, he can fly, and has some increased strength. I mean he should...it's the Future.

For characters you have'nt seen in a Movie yet??...
Scarecrow, killer Croc, Ras al ghul, Scarface, Lady shiva. Zsas.
At least 2 of these Characters have the clout to have an entire movie on them. But none the Less, all of these guys are very intriguing characters, And can all come accross well if done properly.

The List goes on, but it's about doint it right. No one in hollywood can.

I'll bet you the spiderman movies will be able to juggle multiple villains without any real sacrifice to the film. X-men did it ...OKAY, but nothing spectacular.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 09:29 PM
DARTH LORAC

As this is a Batman topic, I heard from a friend that The Dark Knight Returns was to be made into the future Batman movie. This along with Batman year one would be the two best comic conversions ever ( again if handled properly and if remaining true to the original comic story ). I don't know if this is a complete lie, but I would love to see the Dark Knight on the silver screen.

By personal choice to play the aged Batman would be Clint Eastwood. What do you guys think?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 12:13 AM
DARTH LORAC is currently offline Click here to Send DARTH LORAC a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH LORAC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Here's a link to a great site that will tell you what you need to know about Batman Beyond and heres the link for Batman: Year One It has some really usefull infomration smile

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 05:21 AM
gunhead

Wow, clint would make the absolutely perfect old batman.

Last edited by gunhead on Aug 11th, 2001 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2001 08:27 PM
gunhead is currently offline Click here to Send gunhead a Private Message Find more posts by gunhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

No new Batman film yet and it is now 2003. Give your best ideas for who should play Batman if they ever do another film. I say they should get Val Kilmer back as George Clooney sucked in the role and may have killed the franchise for good.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 02:31 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Very much true GS there was no use for Batman 4 they said Batman 5 is going to called Batman year 1 and it's about he's first year as Batman and what he did.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 03:26 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Thus erasing the previous four films from the point of view of the new storyline then.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 11:11 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah really bad they stop the Batman vs Superman for this movie.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 11:18 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

That could have been a cool attempt at bringing back both franchises.

Old Post May 23rd, 2003 11:51 AM