KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » SHREK

SHREK
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

No we see worldwide grosses more than domestic or overseas which is the point I'm making. Ok... I'll paint a picture for you, lets say your folks bought you ten presents but you got 30 from your relatives in total, which leaves a combined total of 40 gifts. Now would you honestly brag about the ten gifts or thirty gifts respectively or would you tell people you got a total of forty, which is more impressive than ten or thirty. So overseas grosses do matter and do contribute in a part to how well a movie will do. Let's face it, the public is swayed by numbers, domestic, overseas or worldwide.

If we keep pushing technology, eventually it will push back.

Last edited by sonofasaiyan on Jul 23rd, 2004 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:49 PM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

shrek was awesome. down wit da haters stick out tongue

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:54 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Anyway I don't know how I ended up argueing about all this but the first thing I said was I hope Spider-Man 2 can take back 5th place domestically. Do you think it can?

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:56 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes I'm hoping with every fibre of my being. I've loved Spiderman since I was a kid and I grew up with him as many children did and still do. Shrek is the new guy in town. His film may surpass the gross of Spiderman 1, but he will never rival the iconic status of Spiderman.

Last edited by sonofasaiyan on Jul 23rd, 2004 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:58 PM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nail_bunny
Doc Ock lover

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
shrek was awesome. down wit da haters stick out tongue

yes, hooray!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 06:16 PM
nail_bunny is currently offline Click here to Send nail_bunny a Private Message Find more posts by nail_bunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you like Shrek please don't post .no

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 06:39 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shrek rocks rock Happy Dance

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:23 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

quote:
Originally posted by SpiderGurl
I hate shrek cuz he's green, big, and ugly.

And that's why you hate the film?! That's so vain!

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 07:54 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Stormy_Day
Shrek rocks rock Happy Dance

Shrek made so much money, and u no why becuase it was awsome and the second even better.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 08:16 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

well i dont care what anyone says im a hater of shrek just because the film sucks why people like the donkey ill never know he gets right on my nerves and anyway any film which stars mike myers (spelling?) souldnt be made as he SUCKS!!!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:00 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Shrek is the worst animated movie I can't believe it beat out Lion King because Lion King has actual feeling what does Shrek 2 have? A talking donkey. mad

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:12 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by deadly_force
well i dont care what anyone says im a hater of shrek just because the film sucks why people like the donkey ill never know he gets right on my nerves and anyway any film which stars mike myers (spelling?) souldnt be made as he SUCKS!!!

You have brilliant reasoning. Don't ever change.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:35 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL.laughing

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 05:37 PM
Major Knight

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Shrek is the worst animated movie I can't believe it beat out Lion King because Lion King has actual feeling what does Shrek 2 have? A talking donkey. mad
well lets think shrek and shrek 2 comidy, and lion king more like a drama. so thats why u prolly like lion king better. u might not like comidies.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 08:42 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I didn't see anything special about "The Lion King" personally, other than the soundtrack. To me, all hand drawn animated movies are on par with each other. While handdrawn characters are to be admired, there's just something about "Toy Story" and "Shrek" that's just 100 times more admirable.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 08:53 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I didn't see anything special about "The Lion King" personally, other than the soundtrack. To me, all hand drawn animated movies are on par with each other. While handdrawn characters are to be admired, there's just something about "Toy Story" and "Shrek" that's just 100 times more admirable.
true enough, the only part about lion king thats gold is making little kids watch a little lion watch his father die lol.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 08:58 PM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by SpiderGurl
I hate shrek cuz he's green, big, and ugly.

Thats why I like shrek confused

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 09:21 PM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I don't mind shrek, but its really not as great as its made out to be. There seems to be a huge following for the big green ogre, but apart from the odd slick dialogue, i don't really find it particularly funny. To me its more of a fairytale ride with the odd laugh here and there, nothing utterly hilarious.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 01:06 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'd think people appreciate the incredible animation, in addition to the witty dialogue, and the modernization of olde fairy tales.

Fairy tales were a lost art since the 80's.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 01:12 AM
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

The animation is indeed excellent.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 01:17 AM