KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Which One Is Better

Which One Is Better
Started by: Zed

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zed

Which One Is Better

Which movie do you think is better, and why.

"Godfather 2" or "Goodfellas"
"Fight Club" or "Clockwork Orange"
"Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" or "Star Trek: Insurrection"
"Wo Hu Zang Long"(Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) or "The Matrix"
and
"Toy Story" or "Toy Story 2"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 09:54 PM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maui

Godfather 2 (simply because I haven't seen the other one)
Fight Club (same reason as above)
Star Wars The Phantom Menace (Insurrection was the absolute worst Trek movie I've ever seen. The movie was one big joke)
Matrix (It had very cool special effects.)
Toy Story ( The 2nd one seemed a bit more childish and... I dunno. I guess I don't like change. smile )

[ April 11, 2001: Message edited by: Maui ]

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 10:30 PM
Maui is currently offline Click here to Send Maui a Private Message Find more posts by Maui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Godfather 2, and I think that the original is even better actually... so much for Scream's film theory...

Fight Club just edges in for making a better social comment in a less anti-social way.

TPM because I think it was a good film. Insurrection was very average- though it was, at least, a proper Trek film.

The Matrix because it was a little more than a straight story, was better directedand was original and not an adaption.

Toy Story because thoswe two are buddy movies- and in the second, the buddies are seperated for too long.

Mind you, it's bloody cruel making us choose between those.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 11:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Godfather 2(One of the greatest movies ever made)
Fight Club(The other one was terrible)
TPM(The best lightsaber duel in the entire saga thus far)
The Matrix(Haven't seen Crouching Tiger)
Toy Story 2(a lot of SW references)

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 12:34 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

Its a must see movie, as if you enjoyed the saber duels you're gonna love CTHD.

Beware its subtitled.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 12:45 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jellabon

Godfather 2
Fight Club
Insurrection....just kiddin' TMP laughing out loud
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Toy Story 2

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 01:29 AM
jellabon is currently offline Click here to Send jellabon a Private Message Find more posts by jellabon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Crouching Tiger rules! big grin

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 01:45 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

Godfather 2 wins for quality but it depends on the time of watching it as it does throw a whole lotta angst in your direction, Goodfellas at least ou could vaguely look at it with some light heartedness.

Fight club, but simply on the grounds that Clockwerk orange as interesting and experimental as it is, it is by the operative term 'intersting' just like you say to your girlfriend when they ask whether they look good in that dress and you mean to be polite..so Fight club. Star Wars because Star Trek was too much of inane drivel. I still think despite 'not being a Trek Trek movie that First Contact is the best movie they did. Preffered the context of Matrix but the fight scenes of Crouching - even. Oh and Toy Story 2 cos Woody looks like he was gonna get lucky, and besides being a buddy movie it allowed entrance of more buddies... yeesh plus a potential road trip element...

and
"Toy Story" or "Toy Story 2"

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 01:50 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A 'buddy' movie, Zereil, is a movie in which the central lynch-pin is the (non-sexual) relationship between TWO charatcers, not more...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2001 07:52 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

Goodfellas (not seen any Godfather films eek! )
Fight Club (far, far funnier and not disturbingly '70's)
TPM (Like comparing strawberries and cream with being stabbed in the gut...not enough time to explain why Star Wars is better than Star Trek)
CTHD (The fights were performed by martial artists, not Hollywood stars who've learned a fight sequence parrot fashion. Weapon fighting too.)
Toy Story 2 (seen the first one too many times, a lot more adult humour in the second)

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2001 08:04 PM
Darth Pants is currently offline Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

clockwork orange by far, much more creative and original then fight club, a classic dark comedy. no other movie dares to make light of such a awful subject like this does. plus the direction and sets are unarguably better and or experimental.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 05:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
night fett

I dunno all i got to say is star wars the phantom menace was much better than the star trek insurection
I liked matrix better and i dunno about the others.
stick out tongue

Im just a guy trying to kill..eh make my way across the universe.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 06:07 AM
night fett is currently offline Click here to Send night fett a Private Message Find more posts by night fett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

crouching tiger was better than the matrix...and both clockwork and fight club are extremely good films.
and toy story 2 is better than 1.

Last edited by mah on Jun 23rd, 2002 at 09:12 AM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 09:10 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Of course, in retrospect, saying Fight Club is less anti-social than ANY film should make you worry about that other film.

(Thinks about Clockwork Orange)

Nope, I was still right!

BtVS

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 09:21 AM
night fett

I aint seen crouching tiger before so i just chose the matrix.

Im just a guy trying to kill..eh make my way across the universe.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 12:21 PM
night fett is currently offline Click here to Send night fett a Private Message Find more posts by night fett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Godfather 2 without a doubt cus its much much cooler.

Have to say Clockwork Orange cus I never saw FC. I wsa going to until my mate explained the plot to me and it seemed very silly, or maybe it was just the way he explained it.

TPM, I'm not a big Trekkie so I'm a little biased.

Loved the Matrix for storyline but CTHD has much better fight scenes. If I had to pick I'd say Matrix cus at least its in English.

Toy Story cus the I fell asleep during the second, not a good sign for a film in my book.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 12:46 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A very bad idea to have ANYONE explain films like Fight Club to you before you watch them. Kill your mates who try to do it in future, as a demonstration.

Trekkie or otherwise, TPM was still better than Insurrection. I'll happily speak from an unbiased viewpoint for you.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 12:49 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Can't choose between Godfather II and Goodfellas . Both are masterpieces.

Star Trek is rediculously stupid. Always has been, and always will be. Sorry to you Trekkies out there, but that is the lowest form of entertainment.

Fight Club was good until the last half hour, then it got very bad. The Matrix was a good idea for a movie, but the cast was so horrible. It was the worst acting in the history of cinema. So this movie completly turns me off; I don't even care to see the sequels.

A Clockwork Orange was good, but so bizzare that you have to watch it several times to understand it.

And both Toy Story's were fabulous.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2002 06:55 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote