KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Martial Arts.....

Martial Arts.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

its only fake until you make it real

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I meant the one on TV

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:21 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

WWF is fake? What are you talking about. *starts crying* Don't tell me the tooth fairy ain't real too.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:24 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

WWF is real, it's just like religoun. there are non believers but we have proof right in front of us

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

ALL wrestling is fake.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:28 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

well the studio stuff. Lagitament olympic wrestling can be pretty wicked. you ever seen that asian style wrestling?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:35 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am talking about tv wrestling....its all staged.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:37 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's great entertainment though. Everyone knows it's fake it all about the coreography and the characters and stuff. But still, I elbow drop my room mate when we smash things over eachother, like chairs.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:44 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Fake is not the right word to describe wrestling, staged is more apropriate.

They do not fake getting their faces smashed with a chair, they do not fake bleeding, they don't fake jumping off of a 15 foot ladder onto a table, they don't fake flipping off the top rope and landing on their stomach. The only thing they fake are the punches and kicks, everything else is full contact.

They are some of the best pure athletes in the world to do what they do.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

the best pure athletes in the world are soccer players and triathletes.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:49 AM
BackFire

That is bull, they may have the best endurance, but you have to remember that wrestling requires the most well rounded skills out of all sports. They must have great endurance (they wrestle almost every night), they must be extremely strong and powerful (lifting full grown men over their heads constantly, even men that way more then they do). Not to mention tough (they have to get punched and beaten and thrown around night after night,a nd still, they endure and keep doing it) Plus they have to have some acting ability, they have to remember lines, and remember what storylines they are participating in.

All in all, wrestler don't get the respect they deserve.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

they are all on steroids.....its not like they have scripts to memorize...after all, it is wrestling, not schindlers list......they are athletes, but anyone can get thrown around....my manager is a trained martial artist, but he has let himself go lately.....he can still do backflips and somersaults at will.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:55 AM
BackFire

They are not on steroids, they are tested regularly for them, and the ones that are found positive are thrown out of the business.

Plus im not just talking summer saults, they have to really take a beating constantly, I dunno if you've ever watched wrestling, but they really get beaten up these days. They get thrown through tables, dropped on their spines, and they do it day in and day out, nearly every single day of the year.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 07:58 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

being tough and strong have nothing to do with being a good athlete. i am both and am not an athlete. there is so much money in the biz that i am sure they have ways of doing roids and getting around the tests.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:00 AM
jinXed by JaNx

the best athletes in the world are gymnists. And asian martial artists, i mean the asian schools of certain arts. These people go to these schools and stay there whole lives practicing martial arts, almost like budist monks but without the religoun. Wushu masters are GOD damn incredible. They not only master there art but also coreography. i never knew it was possible for a human being to pounce 6 feet in the air from a standing posistion untill i watched a wushu demonstration

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:01 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

truedat...jet li practices wushu...i dont know if he is a master or not, but he is a bad ass.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:02 AM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
being tough and strong have nothing to do with being a good athlete. i am both and am not an athlete. there is so much money in the biz that i am sure they have ways of doing roids and getting around the tests.

As i said, wrestlers also have great endurance, it is extremely tiring to run around in the ring every day picking people up.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:04 AM
jinXed by JaNx

jet li studied wushu for his entertainment career. he still studied for 3 years though.

I dont think anyone doubts wrestlers as being top athletes. I wouldnt go as far to say there some of the best in the world though, just masters of there profession.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:08 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

it takes endurance to run up and down a full size soccer field non stop......it takes strength to do what wrestlers do....i am sure some of them are great athletes, but they are FAR from being world class.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:10 AM
BackFire

Yes, but unlike soccer players, they are stron as well, they don't break their legs when they step in a little ditch or kick a ball the wrong way.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 08:40 AM