KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Zion play thread.

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Zion play thread.
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (51): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

*heads to the elevator*
"So Burn you've been with us for a while how do you like it so far?"

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:33 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

*yells down hallway* I'm coming!! Don't get too far ahead!! *Turns back to Ariadne* You're sure you'll be fine?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:35 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Yells back:"Keep your pants on C. I haven't even pushed the damn button man, but don't take too long OLD man"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:42 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"well, its damn better than living in the matrix, as a coppertop, food sucks though, but i've only been on blue milk runs inside the matrix, so i can't really say too much about that. The one mission i did go on was crazy, it was supposed to be easy, pop in, talk to someone, i forget who now, and pop out, didn't go that way, ran into a squad of swat officers, nearly beat the living crap outta me, ended up in the sewers, walking around in there for hours trying to find the exit that my operator hooked up for me. after that mission i decided i better get good at guns so i don't hafta do that again, man that sucked. we better wait up for Coeus, don't want him to get pissed at me, doesn't seem like a fun thing to do.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:47 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Yes Coeus has a temper from time to time. But he''s an OK guy, he's been my sparing partner in Katana combat for quite some time now. And next time you get in the sewers get out as fast as possible. if an agent finds you there you're dead. No place to run also you can get lost pretty fast. That's why I like to stay above the ground

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:50 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

*walking up* Thats right it's not a fun thing to do, young uns, but you call me OLD one more time, and we're gonna be in the Dojo, "practicing", if your YOUNG mind can get around that idea...Well, are you just gonna stand there staring, or you gonna press the button? ...anyway, I just HATE to think of all those poor batteries still plugged into the Matrix...*shakes head* i just don't understand how one can CHOOSE that over this *motions around* I mean, yeah, the foods not great, but i'd much rather KNOW the food's REAL than THINK it's good...How long does this lift take?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:53 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"I know what u mean Coeus, but i wouldn't mind a good burger, fries and a shake every once and a while even if it is fake," *pushes button again* "The sewers wasn't the best place to spend a couple of hours for more reason than one fire, i swear i smelled after a jacked out. I could use to get in somemore practice, I just downloaded a new knive stlye and havent been able to try it out yet."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:00 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

We could ALL use some more practice...Its been TOO long for me, i'm beginning to get antsy for a fight, even if it's just one of YOU...And we're all gonna have to get used to travelling in groups, otherwise...I just don't wanna lose anyone again...You know? So, i advise we set up partners, or something, so nobody gets seperated for too long. And as soon as Zion control gets the Dojo back up and running again, we ALL need to be in there, practicing, honing, LEARNING...Man, i love just looking at Zion, don't y'all? I mean, just marveling at the power of the people, here, in this place. It makes me happy to be a part of something, something like the Shez...and crew member with you guys...even if you are YOUNG...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:08 PM
Fire

(euhm HDM Fire is 33 I wouldn't call that young)

"Well C. I challenge you to a fight when the Dojo's back seeing as you THINK you can beat me smile"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:13 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

(but burn is youngER than we...)

Fire, i accept your challenge, OLD BUDDY...I've got age on you, though, so dont think you're any more proficient than I...just don't cry when you lose, i hate it when men cry.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:21 PM
Fire

"I won't old man I won't"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:23 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

So, when does this meeting begin, again? I'm curious as to EXACTLY what he can tell us, aside from "RUN YOUR @$$ OFF!!!"...doesn't seem to be anything else he CAN tell us...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:24 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"will u cry when i snipe u??, I dunno but the sooner we get there the better"
*yes burn is younger than u 22, 23 25 at the oldest

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:28 PM
Fire

"Nah I won't cry but I assure you you will when I get close enough!"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:30 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Not if you CANT get close...so, Fire, sword-fight or old-fashioned, bare-handed brawl?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:36 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Knives anyone??"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 09:53 PM
Fire

"swords it is, but if you feel the need to put in a kick feel free"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 11:03 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

oh, i will, don't worry...And no holding back, this is to be an all-out struggle, our first fight.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 11:21 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's what we like, nice comfy crew dynamic...

Temple is at the base of ZIon so everything that happens there goes on in here.

--

"He just did his job like everyone else here," says Trinity, pushing through the crowd and standing in front of a nonplussed Neo. "So let him enjoy his shroe leave like everyone else."

She takes him away, Lucky guy...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 12:25 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Training Lecture- 'Agents- a Survival Guide'

It is not just you guys present at the lecture- there are the recruits in training, young people aged between 12 and 16, all of them awed to be being addressed by one of the Captains. Some of them bug you guys and ask you questions about what life on a ship and in the Matrix is like. Have you seen an Agent? Did he kill you just by looking at you? Is it true that Neo killed one? Talking of Neo, what is he like, IS he the One etc…. in Zion as in everywhere else, kids just won’t shut up.

“Quieten down!” bellows Dallas as he takes to his speaking position. Dallas is wearing a genuine Texan Ten Gallon Hat- his Relic.

“Now then, listen up. There has been a lot of talk lately- in training AND on ships- about Agents. Agents have been turning up more frequently lately, faster to respond to incidents. Now, I know a lot of people think that if you are careful and don’t screw up, the Agents aren’t going to know you are there and they ain’t gonna come. That’s horseshit- The Matrix is like everything else in life; shit happens, things go wrong. And it might not even be YOUR mistake. An Agent alerted by someone else’s mess is just as likely to kill you if you are in the same area as they guy who alerted him.

“But also, people are starting to think that when the Agents turn up that is it, game over. With people like me who have seen one and lived, some think I am some sort of miracle worker. Nope. I just keep my head in a crisis.

“So. Here are some common sentiments about Agents, and the truth behind them:”

1. Everyone who has tried to take on an Agent has died- TRUE. Mostly.

“I’ll need to clarify that. Everyone who has tried to beat an Agent has died. Everyone whom an Agent confronted and that guy could not escape, has died. Everyone who treated an Agent like just another bad guy has died. BUT. NOT everyone who has ever traded blows with an Agent has died. More on that later.”

Dallas pauses for a moment before continuing.

"And don't even THINK about mentioning Neo!" The kids seem disappointed.

2. Agents are utterly invulnerable and unstoppable killing machines who will out-shoot, out-fight and out-run me- FALSE

“Agents are effectively invulnerable, yeah. They don’t give up, but they are NOT unstoppable. You CAN out run them. You can even outfight them… to a certain extent. And the guns are the least scary thing about them. I’ll deal with those points one by one.”

3. Once an Agent is on my tail I cannot lose him- he will simply jump to a person closer to me- FALSE

“Too many people think that Agents know everything that is going on in the Matrix at all times. They don’t- in the Matrix they are just beings like you and me. Those headpieces they wear- that is their equivalent of talking to the Operator! They need to SEARCH to find you if you are out of their sight, and the Matrix is a very, VERY complicated programme to search. Still- don’t make it easy for them. The thing an Agent will home in quickest on is phone use, especially mobile phone use. Keep your phone off the hook. You shouldn’t NEED the Operator to get you to your exit point- each of you should ALWAYS know the way out. The exception is if things have gone completely wrong and the Agents have cut your hardline. Sorry- I am really NOT a miracle worker. And not many get out of that one.”

4. Agents have perfect strength and timing and speed and reactions and perception- FALSE

“Agents are bound by the system they created, there are limits to what they can do. Agents are good shots, and they handle the recoil of their Desert Eagle guns well, but they are not GREAT shots. I know people- people on my crew- that are better shots than an Agent. Still, don’t get blasé, a Desert Eagle round in the chest is a hard way to learn. Agents ARE strong, I am not going to deny that, stronger than any one of us can be. But I know people as fast as an Agent. They actually move and react at a speed close to our own when we are hooked in. You can deal with that.”

5. But Agents HAVE to be faster than me- they can move fast enough to dodge bullets!- FALSE

“Oh yeah, they can dodge bullets by sheer speed. But that takes them REAL effort. They stop and concentrate on it. If they actually moved that fast by default, I doubt ANY of us would be alive today! 99% of the time, an Agent moves like you and I.”

6. If an Agent gets close to me, I am dead- FALSE

“Agents are not the Grim Reaper. There is not an Aura of Instant Death around them. You do not have a heart attack when they get within a foot of you. They have to HIT you, same as anyone else. And it might surprise you to know, that is harder for them than you might think. Any one of you that knows anything about fighting can probably at least partially match an Agent in close combat. They are simply not THAT good. Good enough, but not too good. They fight unimaginatively, predictably- even without intelligence sometimes. I know soldiers with more flare, more finesse, better timing- and more skill. You CAN dodge an Agent. You can HIT an Agent. You can hit him several times. You might even hit him hard- and you had better hit him hard, else you ain’t gonna hurt him. It will not be a one-sided fight.”

7. So… if Agents are only adequate shots, only good fighters, can’t always chase me and are fallible like anyone else… what is all the fuss about? I CAN take one, yeah?- FALSE

“That’s where it falls apart. Because no, you can’t. Why? Because there is simply no finishing post. You won’t beat them. I saw an Agent kill a friend of mine once., He knew the rules, same as I did. Trouble is, he started to do well. He dodged the Agent’s blows, he hit the Agent a dozen times in the chest. He gave the Agent an almighty kick that sure hurt it, sent it staggering. It was almost amusing, to see how a programme can get angry just like a human. My friend was dead thirty seconds later. Agents seem to go ‘easy’ on you first few blows. It is the way they are programmed. They amass their resources over time to beat a difficult opponent. And they really, really don’t care how often you hit them, because they know it doesn’t do anything. And they know they only have to hit you a few times- maybe only once, and you are theirs. That’s what happened to my friend. One moment he was on the ride of his life, knocking this Agent with blow after blow. Next thing he was punched across the street and made a nice man-shaped indent on the far wall. That bastard Agent smiled when he twisted my friend’s neck out of place. Slowly. So, you people hear what I say. Agents are not Gods. They are not infallible, perfect killing machines. But they WILL kill you.”

“So, so much for the theory. Now you know where we stand and what I think. Next I shall tell you what you SHOULD do when you come up against an Agent. But before I do, any questions?”

(The kids are all too scared to ask)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 12th, 2003 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 12:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote