KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Zion play thread.

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Zion play thread.
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (51): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

(note: do you know what i just realized? no drinks in Zion...know why? because you need grain, or potatoes, etc to make liquor...so, its water for us...and goo)

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:57 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

(Captain referring to Dallas right? Cause I'm Ares...)

"Well, he could just go around the grenade, couldn't he?"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:58 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

(yes, i was refering to Captain Dallas.)

and i dont think it would be...justifiable to bring a grenade into combat, too much of a liability...and no way to honestly use it against anything over knowledge of level 1 concerning the matrix, level 1 being the mindless cops, etc...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:10 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Also, I've had grenades kicked back at me before...it's not nice..." Ares says. "It was very vicious indeed."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:22 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"If you would set it to explode on ground, which I think would be the least bad way, to use this tactic, the agent would still jump it, remember they can jump as far and as high as we can. a grenade has a blast radius but it ain't that big. If I were an agent and someone threw a grenade that exploded on impact. I'd jump over the blast radius.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 09:06 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Indeed," says Dallas. "Except in enclosed spaces a grenade is a poor weapon against an Agent and even then it is still a very haphazard weapon, not something you should rely on. And you will not surprise an Agent with one, either. If he is focussed on you as a target, any threat from you to him he will detect. But more on that in a moment."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 12:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

"what we SHOULD do against an agent?" muttenr Rade to his nearest listeners. "we should run like hell and hope that the operator knows how to get our endangered asses out of there"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 12:53 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(Oooh, remember what Dallas said about relying on the Operator...)

"Ok," says Dallas. "Discussion time over, listen up again. Now we move onto the practice of things. What to DO when an Agent comes a-knocking.

"First thing we are going to do is assume there is a good reason you did or could not run when you first saw it. I can appreciate reasons, good ones. Maybe you DIDN'T see it, and it is already next to you. Maybe you ran and it traced you. Maybe you hid and it found you. There are also bad reasons, like you thought it would not see you; I appreciate them less. Maybe, God forbid, it is a trap. Or sometimes you might have a fixation with completing a misison even after the Agents turn up. Some people have done that. Some have even gotten away with it. Zion makes heroes out of those who get away with that. But the dead who tried it just get added to the Memorial List. Better a living soldier than a dead hero, I say. That said, the work we do is important. You'll have to judge for yourself whether a risk is worth it. And listen to whoever is in charge- that is WHY we have a rank structure; it is their call.

"Whatever the reason, there you are, up against an Agent. What do you do now? Well, first of all, let us take a quick look at the purpose behind Agent fighting. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

"Let us pretend, for a moment, that fighting an Agent is like fighting one of us- it's hard, but one person is going to win and it might well be you. What do you get if you beat him, smash him down, break his neck? The answer? The same thing over again 30 seconds later when he takes a new body. And again after that. And again and again and again.

"What the hell would the point be? You'll never beat them all. So there can be only one answer- 'In the time it takes for a new body to get to me, I can run'. That at least makes some sense.

"Now, let's get back to the 'real' world, as it were. You can't beat the Agent, even once- not in any realistic sense. It's NOT like fighting one of us. But the theory is exactly the same! You are only fighting the Agent in order to get away from him.

"And that is the only realistic thing you can do in such a fight. Don't fight to win, fight to get away. If you turn your back on an Agent he will have no trouble breaking your spine. But if you can fight an Agent to the point where he might be at a bit of a disadvantage- make him stagger, make him flinch, get him AWAY from you- thern you have a chance to get OUT of there! Then it is a straight chase and you might lose him. Sure beats dying.

[NOTE- This is what Trinity does in Reloaded. She fights the Agent not to win, but to get a chance to run]

"When running from an Agent, do anything you can. Jump on buildings and run along them because then at least the Agent cannot use mundane back-up, he'll have to do the work himself. Get a car if you can. Anyone's car. Don't feel sympathy for a coppertop- your life is more important than theirs, and besides which if you don't throw them out and steal their car, a moment later it might not be a coppertop in a car but our friendly Agent instead, and then where are you? In feeling-pretty-damn-stupidsville, that's where.

"We often use the sewers to meet but they aren't a smart place to try and escape an Agent. Sure there are less people down there but you wonm;t know where you are going either. Even an Operator will be hard pressed to navigate you through them- especially if he or she has more than just you to worry about- something people often forget. There might be half a dozen of you screaming at the poor guy or gal for directions. And the more you use the phone, the more quickly the Agent finds you. So, rely on yoursrlf, and keep things simple

"Now, in a chase, there comes the only time when it is worth shooting at an Agent. Because even if the Agent has to stop a second in which to dodge your shots, that is one second further the guy behind chased gets to safety. Of course, this is pointless if you ARE the person being chased- you'll slow yourself up just as much, probably more, by shooting. This is a favour someone else has to do FOR you. Shoot an Agent, help a friend. Careful though, or you might become his target, and your frirend you just saved might not have a gun!

"Distracting an Agent on the chase works because their normally infallible danger sense becomes less acute when they are concentrating on a target.

[NOTE- this is how Trinity point-blanks the Agent in the first film- it has focussed its attention purely on Neo. Normally, sneaking up to an Agent is not a viable proposition]

"Meanwhile, anything else you can do to help slow an Agent- cause car accidents, burst water mains... anything. Every second counts.

"Oh, one thing though- don't bother changing clothes. There is a reason we can strut around the Matrix in shades and trenchcoats and not be worried about looking suspicious. The System simply is not concerned about what you 'look' like in the way we see it. They perceive on a different level. An Agent who sees you will still know who you are.

"So then, that's the deal. Don;t lose your cool and run when the Agent will just kill you. But don't lose your head and stay in the fight any longer than necessary. Fight well, fight hard, time it right, run like hell- and maybe one day you will be known as a miracle worker, like me."

Any final questions?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 12th, 2003 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 02:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"No, Captain Dallas, sir, I think that made plenty of sense to me. Thank you for the lesson," Ares says.

(This is gonna make for good story ideas Ush, and I'll thank you for it right now... *runs off to work on Matrix story* )

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:14 PM
Fire

"Yea all is clear Captain"

(that's called Stealing Rex)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:26 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

(Rex? A thief? To prison! stick out tongue )

"I was just trying to get the crowd away from him, Trinity. Anyways, see ya later!" Mors says, walking away from the scene.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:29 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

(I had something else in mind. The whole "Having a friend shoot at the Agent and him becoming the target" thing is something I want to have put in action.)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:30 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Cloud walked away disappointed, "I guess I'll see him some other time then"

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:09 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

"Understood, Captain!"

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:12 PM
Vim
ILFTKYS

"Hmph... these agents are complex little boogers..." Vim says to no one in particular, "I'll do the smart thing and run whenever I get the chance..."

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:20 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

*coeus turns* "Yep, that is the smart thing to do, and you should do it everytime you have the chance"

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:34 PM
Dexx
wingless

Rade quietly leaves the room (assuming there's no speach following)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 07:20 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"I hate to say it but the old man's right, running is the best option"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 07:49 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

lol
fight fight fight
do i get front row seats to the fight that will unsue from this??

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 07:57 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

laughing out loud

"Now Fire, no need to be calling people old. You are a veteran yourself, and are older than most of the crew as well."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 08:11 PM