KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Crouching Tiger...

Crouching Tiger...
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

Crouching Tiger...

After you heard of the oscar wins...did it make you wanna see the film any more?

Has anyone apart from me and Zed seen the film?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 01:46 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

I did see the movie and did think it was very good, but the only issue I raised against it was that similar to Romeo must die the fact that the combat was no way possible mae at least some sense in the Matrix setting on the grounds that it was all meant to be fake. None the less a great movie that could counter disbelief with quality...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 01:43 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

It was a great movie, script and story were OK, but execution of the film was fantastic.

Ang Lee is a really good director, has anybody seen Hsi yen (The Wedding Banquet), was recently on UK Channel 4

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 10:50 PM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm sorry, hasn't EVERYONE seen it, then? Odd.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 08:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

Did anyone else see the other odd Japenese movie the Weathergirl.. Made me laugh. Any way yes as I said the film succeeds on a number of levels and that is why despite its weakesses it will maintain longevity, which is better than some people and films

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 09:44 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bit of a corruption of the original story, though. It was missung the second sword, for a start.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 10:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

The way in which the fights were choreographed in CTHD was very theatrical. A lot of the film was based around training in Wudan, and those who learned the art were granted weightlessness, superb. Kind of like those dreams you have when you suddenly realize you can fly. It wasn't like the film 'tried to get away with it' either, as many old Hong Kong action movies tried to do. Main character leaps 70 feet into the air, or his aunt or his grandma does, cos everyone can!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 11:04 PM
Darth Pants is currently offline Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It;s meant to be on conservation of momentum rather than true, Superman like flight... but by the end they just seemed to be flying anywa.... great in any case.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 11:46 PM
Darth Pants

I'd have to see it again to agree about the conservation of momentum thing, That manouver Jen performs which impressed Li Bu Mai suggests that's no the case (i.e mid air change in direction of momentum, with no body to provide a reaction force on her to propell her in a different direction, she just seemed to fly further upwards).

Old Post Apr 20th, 2001 08:12 PM
Darth Pants is currently offline Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypernova

I know this is digging deep into the KMC archives big grin stick out tongue

But... I've seen it and I loved it!

Attachment: crouchingtiger.gif
This has been downloaded 125 time(s).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 03:16 AM
Hypernova is currently offline Click here to Send Hypernova a Private Message Find more posts by Hypernova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I cant believe I never seen this thread! I love this movie soOo much defiantly in top 5 all time favs! when ever I get bored I throw this in the dvd..cant help my self from jumping right to the action though!
the dvd has the English options which is dubbed superbly

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:09 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorC

actually i like the production of the movie and how they promote this movie outside HK. but for the story= nothing new for me. i've seen a lot like this. you might have known that it is almost the same as afternoon Kung Fu movie in HK, Taiwan and even Singapore.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 03:25 PM
thorC is currently offline Click here to Send thorC a Private Message Find more posts by thorC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

story is indeed not really a lot, techniques on the other hand are done nicely

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 03:29 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurora
Princess

I didn't watch the film initally because I didn't think that it would be the kinda film I like. But I was at a friends house and he turned it on and I found myself loving it. I was extremely surprised!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 05:39 PM
Aurora is currently offline Click here to Send Aurora a Private Message Find more posts by Aurora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Love this movie.. own it on dvd (^ ^

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:53 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EOWYN3

I loved this movie!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:43 AM
EOWYN3 is currently offline Click here to Send EOWYN3 a Private Message Find more posts by EOWYN3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i love this movie !

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 04:50 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

One of my fav!

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:06 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

It's a good one, problem is some ppl don't like to get into that: accept Wodan(sp) and just take it as reality thing

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 09:27 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Traydemark03

Yeah...I fell in love with Zhang Ziyi because of this movie...ha!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 07:20 PM
Traydemark03 is currently offline Click here to Send Traydemark03 a Private Message Find more posts by Traydemark03 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote