KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dr. Who movie- still not happy...

Dr. Who movie- still not happy...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Dr. Who movie- still not happy...

I don't know if I have any fellow Dr. Who fans here, but...

Hugh Grant as the Doc... he wasn't THAT popular on Comic Relief... and Richard E. Grant was MUCH better, anyway... bloody cuteness factor.

And Tom Baker... he is thw sweetest, greatest man... but he;s also absolutely barking. Quite what a piece based on work of his would be like I don't want to know... I'm lying. I DO want to know.

In the end... nearly all Doc Who fans have been very, very nervous about a big screen movie. Is there ever going to be ANY news that will make us feel better?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 10:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

Personnaly I liked Sylvester McCoy who came with Ace. Then again I was 13 at the time...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 08:16 AM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I thought the tv movie was quite good, I think it had scope as a series of 2 hours specials but it newver happened. sad

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 12:03 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

It was designed to please the American audience as well as the British and it seemed to irritate both sides in different ways. A shame though as it wasn't all that bad and it did have a different feel...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 03:19 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CLIFFHANGERS! It just didn't work without them... and what was that ending all about? And what the **** were those Dalek voices?

The sets were bloody marvellous, though, and Paul McGann would have been a great Doctor... but he doesn't seem to want the job.

So, you liked Ace, eh, Zereil? Could have guessed as much from you...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 07:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

What do you mean? Actually intrigued Extrapolate? And as to the set design you are perfectky right, marvelous, isnt the Doctor going to have lost almost too many incarnations sooner or later, doesn't he have 5 at best left?...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 08:56 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ace seems your type...

TECHNICALLY speaking there is a get out clause for the Doctor to get his lives back... it IS possible for a Time Lord to begin a new regeneration cycle.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 08:14 PM
Zereil
Scoundrel

In what regard is Ace my type apart from the obvious of female and how does Doctors start a new regeneration? and wouldn't that actually be a shame in a s much that it would give him this infinite lives potential that would lose his frailty and the therefore ability to connect on certain levels...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 09:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

1. Oh COME on...

2. Yes, on the face of it, thouigh we do not think it is easy. The High COuncil offered it as an incentive to the burnt-out Master in the Five Doctors. How it would be done was not said. However, in The Ultimate Foe (subset of Trial of a Time Lord), it was indicated that it was possible by taking the 'lives' of another Time Lord... uh-oh...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 19th, 2001 10:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

BEFORE death. It happens when you are dying. If you are actually dead, it is too late. Time Lords are hardy, but if one got vaporised that would be it.

Technically a Time Lord can regenerate at any time s/he likes, but normally, of course, they try to make use of a body until the last possible moment...

BtVS

Old Post May 7th, 2001 10:08 PM
Ratcat

Is that so. laughing out loud

Old Post May 7th, 2001 11:14 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Makes sense to me, you'd want to get full use out of the thing. No point hopping on before you're fully comfortable with it...

BtVS

Old Post May 7th, 2001 11:22 PM
Ratcat

And, in a funny way, the personality always changes. Guess that's something they might want to put off to the last minute.

Old Post May 8th, 2001 12:07 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Or, like Jon Pertwee, you may end up with a tattoo on your body, weirdly.

Pat Troughton even managed a change of clothes when he did it... what if he liked the old ones, eh?

This is certainly a big career move.

BtVS

Old Post May 8th, 2001 12:15 AM
Ratcat

There is only one Doctor of course...

Old Post May 8th, 2001 12:24 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

...and that's invariably the one you grew up with...

BtVS

Old Post May 8th, 2001 12:34 AM
Ratcat

Yeah, but I grew up with Pertwee, Baker , Davidson and Baker

Old Post May 8th, 2001 12:57 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, it's normally the first one that came to your attention as a child then...

BtVS

Old Post May 8th, 2001 01:02 AM
Ratcat

Well, Pertwee was the first one I saw, but Baker was the first I realy noticed.

Though I do remember Pertwee and the giant robot....

Old Post May 8th, 2001 01:24 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Which one? The story 'Robot' was Baker's first, but I'm sure Pertwee met one somewhere along the line...

BtVS

Old Post May 8th, 2001 01:30 AM