KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Marilyn Manson..

Marilyn Manson..
Started by: shadow_angel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, so after a lot of digging and learning more about the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp situation and the fact that Evan Rachel Wood is closely associated with Amber Heard (that definitely hurts her credibility quite a lot), I've changed my perception on this quite a lot. I was leaning towards Manson's guilt initially, but now I'm leaning much closer to his innocence. It's a perfect scheme: who in mainstream media is not going to believe allegations of Marilyn Manson being an abusive degenerate? With all his controversial lyrics and statements. Hell, even I fell for it initially. The only person who might be an even EASIER target would be Eminem.

(Amber Heard has done grave harm to the credibility of any legitimate domestic abuse victims)

Some of Evan Rachel Wood's previous statements about Manson make her recent claims extremely unbelievable...

quote:
“Manson owns the house he lives in. My brother has never stayed there and the person that said such horrible things about Manson being ‘controlling’ and ’emotionally abusive’ is certainly no source ‘close’ to me,” Woods says. “Manson has been by my side and taken care of me through the best and worst times. I love him as a person and as an artist. I will always be proud to have been a part of that.

“If any more attacks are made on us, it is the act of a desperate, selfish person, who is angry to no longer be a part of my life. No further comment will be made and we request our privacy at this time.”

[Source]

And there are others.

This is some good perspective on the situation...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 01:23 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And one of his other exes came out saying she never experienced anything like this.

Not proof he never did anything, but usually men like this do this to most of the women they date.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 11:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
And one of his other exes came out saying she never experienced anything like this.

Yes, I mentioned that. At least 2 other exes (I think there might actually be a third). Dita Von Teese and Rose McGowan (who is a huge figure in the Me Too movement, so if there was any indication that Manson was an abuser she would certainly share it). The video I posted she mentions some of this, the fact that even in Rose McGowan's autobiographical book she mentions that she and Manson had a boring domestic life at one point and he painted watercolors and wanted to chill and watch movies and such.

Is it possible that Manson was so devastated and drugged up and despondent from his divorce with Dita Von Teese that he went into some dark, abusive shit with the much younger and more vulnerable Evan Rachel Wood? I suppose that's possible, but there needs to be evidence. And ERW's previous comments about their relationship greatly contradict her more recent testimony. And yes, of course she could have been trying to put on a show of being happy at the time afraid of retribution from her abuser, but the quotes are still very sincere and genuine, just like Manson's other exes.

And ERW's association with Amber Heard (an established fraud and narcissist) and the fact that she, too, is doing this activist thing, it gives her testimony a potential for being a little self-serving, to promote her status as a survivor to bolster her credibility as an activist. I would be more likely to believe ERW if she dropped the activism persona and just spoke normally about it. I think it would potentially give her more credibility, because that is clearly what Amber Heard did.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 01:39 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It doesn't help Manson that he looks like a weirdo.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 04:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell some tried to blame him for Columbine. Yet he said one of the most intelligent things about it when asked what he would have said to the shooters "I wouldn't have said anything I would have listened, because that is what nobody did".

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 01:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah. He always seemed really laid back in interviews.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 07:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Hell some tried to blame him for Columbine. Yet he said one of the most intelligent things about it when asked what he would have said to the shooters "I wouldn't have said anything I would have listened, because that is what nobody did".

Yeah, now it seems like it was inevitable for "Me Too" to get Marilyn Manson eventually. He's public enemy #1, so he apparently pissed off the wrong girl and here we are. They're counting on no one doing this sort of digging and most people won't...

quote:
“People would be surprised at the kind of healthy, loving relationship we have.“ And: “If it doesn’t work out, I would never blame it on the fact that he’s Marilyn Manson.“

-Evan Rachel Wood

[2007 GQ Interview][/b]

quote:
I had been in a place where I was letting too many people dictate who I should be and what I should be, and I was trying to make everybody happy to the point where it was just killing me. I’d completely lost myself. It’s kind of funny now that people think I’ve completely changed myself for him, when this is actually the first time in my life that I took a stand and said, “This is who I am and this is who I’ve always wanted to be, and I’m finally with somebody who lets me be who I want to be.” He never tells me what to do or what to wear or who to be. It’s all my decision and he respects it, and that’s what’s important.

-Evan Rachel Wood, 2008 Interview

[Source]

I'm pretty sure part of the allegations is that he was controlling about who they talk to, how they dress, etc.

So yeah, I call bullshit. I think the relationship went sour and this is her psychotic revenge, like Amber Heard.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 12:50 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some hilarity in this situation is that ERW actually accused Manson of "hiding a drug addiction from me." (See Image attached below). A guy known for songs called "I Don't Like the Drugs, But the Drugs Like Me," and "The Dope Show," and a transcript from an intro to a live version of "I Don't Like The Drugs..."

quote:
"I had a dream last night, Cedar Rapids. You want to hear that dream? I said do you want to hear that dream?! I was drowning in a sea of liquor and I washed up on a beach made of cocaine. The sky was made of LSD and every tree was made of marijuana. But the cops pulled me over. But they did not arrest me. Instead they sucked my dick. And it was so beautiful that God came down from Heaven. He said to me, "Marilyn Manson, we will no longer spell the word God, G-O-D." I said, "How do you want to spell it, God?" He said, "Give me a D! Give me an R! Give me a U! Give me a G! Give me an S!" And what does that spell?

It's hard to make up comedy this good. It actually strikes me as arrogance. It says, "Look at the stupid shit we can claim and everyone will believe it..."

Attachment: marilyn_manson_drugs_set_2012 (sized).jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 12:49 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That great YouTuber I posted above has released several more videos related to the Manson case and it's all been very interesting indeed. Including one that just came out today in which she interviews one of Manson's personal assistants. Here it is...

And isn't this fascinating: a movie about-- well, let me just copy and paste the summary from Rotten Tomatoes:

quote:
Pretty Pursuasion (2005)

A manipulative teenager (Evan Rachel Wood) and her two friends conspire to falsely accuse a teacher (Ron Livingston) of molesting them.

Isn't that interesting! Here's the trailer...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2021 01:33 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I heard I think either Mechanical Animals or Antichrist Superstar walking to weights class when a skater gave me the CD to play on my CD player way back when I was 14. I've been listening to his music on and off for about 16 years never really considered myself a fan until about 2018. I really don't care about the allegations I can separate art from the personality behind it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 27th, 2021 10:59 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by carthage
...I really don't care about the allegations I can separate art from the personality behind it

Right, I agree. However, given that Manson's music seemingly condones certain abusive behavior, it would greatly fu#k up my ability to enjoy his music if I knew that he was actually doing these things to women in real life.

So that's why I was greatly interested to know the truth.

So take extra consolation in the fact that the allegations are total crap. It's a coordinated #MeToo hit job...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2021 09:00 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

In case anyone here is still following this, there has been a development or two. Esme Bianco (the Game of Thrones accuser) has actually officially sued Manson or something... and Manson's lawyer issued a statement (it's attached below).

And this wonderful YouTuber just released a video interviewing one of the other accuser's Ex's. It's very interesting...

And this one I haven't watched yet, but I guess it's self-explanatory. Sounds like it's meant to be a more concise summary of the evidence (or lack thereof)...

And some Evan Rachel Wood analysis (I haven't finished watching these yet, either)...

Attachment: manson's attorney.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post May 5th, 2021 07:39 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Booom! Click the text for the full document of Manson's lawsuit against his main accusers, Evan Rachel Wood and Illma Gore. This is a pretty juicy read.

BRIAN WARNER, p/lda MARILYN
MANSON, Plaintiff,

vs.

EVAN RACHEL WOOD; ASHLEY GORE,
a/k/a ILLMA GORE, Defendants.

And an article about it...

TMZ - Manson Sues Evan Rachel Wood... SHE FALSELY POSED AS AN FBI AGENT!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2022 06:52 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Feb 25th, 2023 12:25 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Pretty big bombshell update here...

Marilyn Manson’s ex-accuser claims Evan Rachel Wood ‘manipulated’ her into lying: suit

quote:
The model, who is Jewish

Why is that even relevant? Just found it weird how they threw that out there, doesn't matter to the story at all.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2023 02:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never mind, makes sense now.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2023 02:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote