KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » General Fiction Discussion

General Fiction Discussion
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (139): « First ... « 133 134 [135] 136 137 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Yay, one person!

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 04:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Is anyone interested in reading my story, ++Hammerfall++ ?
it's taken many hours and I need feedback, there are a few mistakes but I'm planning on having this edited and sumbmitted for printing (Hopefully)

if you're interested in sci-fi, please have a look http://www.killermovies.com/forums/442561_1-hammerfall

Currently planning out chapter 6...

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2007 02:45 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

I just reached Page 30 of my Novel "Misk"

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 12:26 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Bugger, t's now March and I still haven't posted anything...

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 02:30 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Page 32.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 07:43 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Page 40.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 08:02 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Page 40.

Page 47 Now.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 01:44 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Wow, a month and no posts here...

I've started writing up the rest of Dragonfire, don't really know why I haven't done it before now, I've not been doing anything special (just playing R6:Vegas which is an amazing game - go buy it now stick out tongue)

Also, thought I'd point out that with my 005 story, and any future 005 stories, I'm basing it off Flemings books, not any of the films. The only difference I'm making is that rather than occuring in the late 50's - early 60's I'm bringing them forwards to occuring in the late 70's - early 80's. Then in 1992, I'm having Bond promoted to Chief of Staff, then in 1994 to the head off Mi6, aka M. Then having him retiring happily in 1999. Handing over to the new head of Mi6 who looks suspiciously like Sean Connery wink

Old Post Apr 14th, 2007 03:23 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hah! I think that's a good idea, Peter.

I just read Goldfinger not too long ago, actually. The books are way better than the films...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:17 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Both have always bored me...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

Heya guys, havn't been on in ages XD I've already posted the first part of three from my latest & greatest project named Hammerfall; a sci-fi adventure story.

just recently I had a coworker read it who has had formal trianing in Sci-fi storywriting, she says all it needs it a few minor adjustments and it's a great story for publishing, she wants more XD

As well as this latest development, I've been seriously practicing with my art and have developed a significant advancement since I last visited these forums so Expect artwork with the second book!

check out my site for developments = Aliies on deviantart. (No link included as I'm aware of the SPAMming nature of it ^.^ )
until I update let alone write something more (Or draw, whichever first) keep those engines primed...

Be sure to have a read, it's really coming along XD

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/442561_1-hammerfall

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 03:58 AM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

*Blinks eyes uncontrollably*
My word, I haven't seen the light of this Forum for ages....

Originally posted by Captain REX
Hah! I think that's a good idea, Peter.

I just read Goldfinger not too long ago, actually. The books are way better than the films...

I've never read any of the books, but I've heard that "Live and Let Die" has some passages that in a modern context would be considered slightly racist....
Is that at all true? confused

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 11:49 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Well you have to remember that the books were written in the 50's and 60's so there are some bits that nowadays are considered racist, and sexist. But at the time they were perfectly acceptable.

Also, I've finally settled on a name for my Star Trek story:
Star Trek:Pioneer
Let sleeping dragons lie

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 06:42 PM
The Rover

Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Well you have to remember that the books were written in the 50's and 60's so there are some bits that nowadays are considered racist, and sexist. But at the time they were perfectly acceptable.

Also, I've finally settled on a name for my Star Trek story:
Star Trek:Pioneer
Let sleeping dragons lie

That's what I've been told. I could've bought From Russia With Love (the novel) today, but I decided upon a perfect-condition 1984 edition of Tales From the Arabian Nights instead.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 08:18 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

For sexism in the Bond books, it's not only fitting of the time period but of Bond! It's just how he is.

Old Post May 11th, 2007 05:41 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Woooooo dead thread.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:56 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

im really into scriptwriting....i've published 3 short plays, and have two in the works. I'm also working on a full length comedy screenplay right now and have finished an 111 page sci fi thriller! I'm still in high school and am planning on going to college and taking screenwriting classes. My ultimate goal would be to write for tv.........any tips or suggestions for any aspect of my future? thanks a bunch

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 06:21 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

There needs to be more writing in the world.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 07:35 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I'll write some more after tomorrow - my final exam big grin

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 08:55 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Ok, to start with, I've written up the chapter names for Dragonfire - what I consider to be the hardest thing to think up without giving to much of the plot away. Here they are, I'll maybe put them into the first post when I've edited it and formatted everything correctly.

1/ Dreamer's Requiem
2/ A Broken Man
3/ The Office
4/ "My Dearest Dominique"
5/ Old Friends
6/ The game is afoot
7/ Following a hunch
8/ A breath of life
9/ The factory
10/ "A spanner in the works..."
11/ The ugly truth
12/ The kamikaze maneuver
13/ Blood, fire and ashes
14/ A long way up
15/ The end is near
16/ Choices of the worst kind
17/ Two broken shells
18/ Showdown
19/ "Welcome back, 005..."

I've tried to keep the titles and styles like in the original books, and after the next two chapters, which should be up by next week, things really start to pick up pace.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 04:46 PM