KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » General Fiction Discussion

General Fiction Discussion
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (139): « First ... « 134 135 [136] 137 138 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

I've actually been writing the past couple days

(my net was down, didn't have much else to do stick out tongue)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 05:46 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Well, since I've been thinking rather heavily on the subjects of late, I've decided to try to write a couple of fan-fics: One set during the KotOR-period; and one detailing the relationship between the Muun Sith Lord Darth Plagueis and his apprentice, Palpatine/Darth Sidious.

I might be dissuaded to write these based on the fact that my personal interpretations on the subjects and my version of the stories will more than likely eventually be invalidated; but I might go through with them, if only to vent my creative instinct.

So far, I've written a couple of outlines, one of which details the overall plot of my KotOR-themed story; and one on the origins of Palpatine. I've also written a few separate parts which deal with Palpatine's first encounters with Plagueis, both dialogues.

I'll have to revise and finish those parts of the stories that I've written before I post them (if I decide to post them) and, since they'll probably be works in-progress, I'll be more than happy to seek criticism and input from others. In fact, I might even pursue it of people like REX, whom I respect as a writer, (although our styles might be somewhat different).

Any input regarding the stories are welcome now as well.

Last edited by The Rover on Aug 27th, 2007 at 05:02 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 04:59 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Geez, I haven't written anything new since...

That one time. With the writing.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 07:35 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 02:02 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I keep planning to write some more...then I get distracted by something...like youtube...or facebook...and it never gets done.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 01:34 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yay facebook...stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Melcórë
Well, since I've been thinking rather heavily on the subjects of late, I've decided to try to write a couple of fan-fics: One set during the KotOR-period; and one detailing the relationship between the Muun Sith Lord Darth Plagueis and his apprentice, Palpatine/Darth Sidious.

I might be dissuaded to write these based on the fact that my personal interpretations on the subjects and my version of the stories will more than likely eventually be invalidated; but I might go through with them, if only to vent my creative instinct.

So far, I've written a couple of outlines, one of which details the overall plot of my KotOR-themed story; and one on the origins of Palpatine. I've also written a few separate parts which deal with Palpatine's first encounters with Plagueis, both dialogues.

I'll have to revise and finish those parts of the stories that I've written before I post them (if I decide to post them) and, since they'll probably be works in-progress, I'll be more than happy to seek criticism and input from others. In fact, I might even pursue it of people like REX, whom I respect as a writer, (although our styles might be somewhat different).

Any input regarding the stories are welcome now as well.

Loving the feedback. stick out tongue
I've moved on, irregardless.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 10:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Feedback is really...really uncommon around here, unfortunately.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 12:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I was only joking. stick out tongue

Like I say, I moved on. wink

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 12:45 AM
Peach
mordrem

Blah, I had stuff I was writing on my computer and I don't think I transfered it into my google docs, so I don't have it, and even though it's been plenty of time and my computer should be fine I'm too lazy to set it back up...

But I want to write...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 03:20 AM
The Rover

BTW: Reading Path of Destruction has been a mistake - its just made me want to write and explore my own ideas concerning the Dark Side! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 12:21 AM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Hey Cpt. Rex sup? I want to post a fanfic its currently being written but if it ok....its called "A Rebel Story" currently but that may change lol.
Ita a story aqbout Han and Chewie and Lando, Luke, Wedge and Leia and the IMPERIALS. i'll post it. For the story itself is stillin being planned because I kinda hit a dead end with all my othere fics. I wanted it to be a multi author fic but no-one seems to look or post there dammit!!!

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 02:30 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Curse my incessant laziness!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 10:00 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

EDIT

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 12th, 2007 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:17 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's spam which isn't allowed.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 01:18 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm afraid we don't allow advertising on KMC.

However, due to the nature of the General Fiction, I would allow you to let us know that you have a book out, and the title of said book. However, no links to first chapters or anything of that sort, I'm afraid.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 03:50 AM
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

hey, im writing a story for this forum...

it may take me a while, as i dont like to write

i was just wondering if anyone would be interested in reading it... embarrasment

does this work?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 01:56 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Yeah, so, about my writing....not going to do it. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 27th, 2007 08:36 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

After two years of writer's block, I finally got an idea for a short story -- superhero fiction, to be exact -- but I have a question on the best way to pursue this.

First, may I recap with a question I posted in another thread:

quote: (post)
I'm writing a short story about a person who is asked by a godtech artifact to help save the universe. This artifact looks vaguely like a surfboard. There is no planet-eater, but there is (of course) a universal threat.

My question: is it possible to borrow the surfboard concept and put a new spin on it, or is the concept forever claimed?

The board isn't really necessary for the story. I just love the idea of flying standing up.

I got some helpful feedback, which basically said the board concept was still open for new spins. However, I have a new question, and I didn't think pursuing this was appropriate for the other thread ("Comic Book Questions").

Initially, I was explaining the godtech artifact being surfboard-like because it had read the person's mind and decided that, to be most appealing to that person, it fashioned itself, in part, after that person's favorite childhood superhero (does my sig offer any clues? rolling on floor laughing ).

At first, I thought I was being clever, but now I'm wondering if that's just a cheap way to go about this. My question is: should I just intro the godtech artifact w/o any explanation and let the reader make the connection? Or is it more realistic (honest?) to acknowledge where I got the flying surfboard idea from?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 08:36 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

As soon as I get this essay done, I'm gonna finish Dragonfire. I promise, although I don't know when it'll get done, deadline is in a fortnight and I'm putting it off as if it were a chance to go up against all those sentinals again.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 05:41 PM