KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » General Fiction Discussion

General Fiction Discussion
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (139): « First ... « 136 137 [138] 139 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Killermovies is primarily a place for film buffs, but welcome to it! The General Fiction area is not terribly active but every so often people pop in to discuss and write and read. I'm no longer proud of anything I've written, since it was all done like four years ago and is entirely fanfic work. stick out tongue

Favorite genre?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:54 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lost Magi

i don't know but is there people here that are annoyed with postmodernism and all those lame short stories where nothing really happens, except some overly descriptive detail of some emotion or event in a characters life

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:41 PM
Lost Magi is currently offline Click here to Send Lost Magi a Private Message Find more posts by Lost Magi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
astarisborn94

I'm planning on making a fan-fiction cross-over between An American Tail and Tom & Jerry. I'm going to be posting them on Fanfiction.net, here, and An American Tail forum.

It sets a year after the event of An American Tail: Fievel Goes West in which Cat R. Waul and Warren T. Rat join forces to try to start a mouse-eating restaurant and receive help from Tom, known for his frequent battles against Jerry.

Is the idea any good? I could write a couple of chapters to see what exactly I am doing.

BTW, this is the first fan-fiction I plan on writing until completion. I had planned two others; one was back a few years ago that was completely awful and the other one I stopped before I got really into the Smash community.

Last edited by astarisborn94 on Apr 1st, 2012 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2012 04:23 PM
astarisborn94 is currently offline Click here to Send astarisborn94 a Private Message Find more posts by astarisborn94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

I want to make a female Terrorist Leader super villain for the alien super hero book series I am writing.
A problem I have is what are the terrorist groups goals, and how to not make them overdone predictable ones.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 10:07 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

I'm still trying to think of a title for the 2nd book in the Alien Super Hero series I am writing.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2012 09:00 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by astarisborn94
I'm planning on making a fan-fiction cross-over between An American Tail and Tom & Jerry. I'm going to be posting them on Fanfiction.net, here, and An American Tail forum.

It sets a year after the event of An American Tail: Fievel Goes West in which Cat R. Waul and Warren T. Rat join forces to try to start a mouse-eating restaurant and receive help from Tom, known for his frequent battles against Jerry.

Is the idea any good? I could write a couple of chapters to see what exactly I am doing.

BTW, this is the first fan-fiction I plan on writing until completion. I had planned two others; one was back a few years ago that was completely awful and the other one I stopped before I got really into the Smash community.

Have you started writing it?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2012 06:04 AM
TheOneFirestorm

I'm on Chapter 3 of the 2nd Book in the Alien Super Hero Book series I am writing.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2013 05:07 AM
elrond72

Wish I'd seen this forum earlier. I've had loads of ideas but have never got a chance to actually get started. I'd love to share them but get a bit wary in case people say they are crap (sounds like George McFly, soz). What are people generally like on this forum when critiquing ideas?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2013 11:41 PM
elrond72 is currently offline Click here to Send elrond72 a Private Message Find more posts by elrond72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by elrond72
Wish I'd seen this forum earlier. I've had loads of ideas but have never got a chance to actually get started. I'd love to share them but get a bit wary in case people say they are crap (sounds like George McFly, soz). What are people generally like on this forum when critiquing ideas?

Generally they don't critique at all.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2013 03:05 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Generally they don't critique at all.

So it's more to share your progress of something a person is writing?

For the Fantasy movie series I am writing I thought of giving the hero durability equal to Wolverine.
But I decided not to. With a healing factor that allows a character to heal from amost anything then the character doesn't have the risk of being killed, or damaged.

Also when a character with the durability of a normal human, athlete, onlymic level athlete, or Captain America it makes the wins more impressive when he or she beats foes that are powerful with durability that is regenative on Wolverine's level, Bulletproof, Superhuman on Things level or Superman.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 07:40 AM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
So it's more to share your progress of something a person is writing?

Ideally there's supposed to be free exchange of ideas including critiques, but in practice there's little interaction. Back when I was posting my fantasy novel chapter by chapter I thought for a long time that no one was reading it, and then it was only months into it, when I was nearing the end that a few people came out of the woodwork and asked me why I hadn't posted any updates in a while and told me who their favorite characters were/what they thought of the story.

I've posted a lot of things here, but only a few of them have received any comments at all.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 14th, 2013 05:02 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I've posted things here...they were bad

Old Post May 16th, 2013 06:09 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Ideally there's supposed to be free exchange of ideas including critiques, but in practice there's little interaction. Back when I was posting my fantasy novel chapter by chapter I thought for a long time that no one was reading it, and then it was only months into it, when I was nearing the end that a few people came out of the woodwork and asked me why I hadn't posted any updates in a while and told me who their favorite characters were/what they thought of the story.

I've posted a lot of things here, but only a few of them have received any comments at all.

Well if you want to talk I'm here.

Old Post May 17th, 2013 01:49 AM
TheOneFirestorm

Is a character going to be considered a smartass if he uses wisecracks constantly?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2013 10:02 PM
Omega Vision

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Is a character going to be considered a smartass if he uses wisecracks constantly?

I would think it depends on the quality of the wisecracks.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2013 08:48 PM
TheOneFirestorm

I tried drawing a sketch of the Succubus character for the fantasy movie series I'm writing.
Was not pleased at all with her face. It's true Artist are their own toughest critic.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2013 11:51 PM
TheOneFirestorm

I came up with the name of the Planet of the Alien SUper Villain of one of my super heroes.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2013 02:28 AM
DatCanadian

Hmmm, this part of the site still active?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2013 10:39 PM
DatCanadian is currently offline Click here to Send DatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by DatCanadian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by DatCanadian
Hmmm, this part of the site still active?

Nope it's mostly anemic.

I have found that writing wisecracks is not easy.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 08:42 PM
TheOneFirestorm

I thought of a new villain for the fantasy movie series I'm writing.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2014 01:34 AM