KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which is the best Star Wars book ?

Which is the best Star Wars book ?
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Which is the best Star Wars book ?

Well...

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

perhaps thrawn-trilogy but some others are nice too smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 05:54 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

Darksaber was good. So far I've really liked everything from the Thrawn duology (about Luke and Mara hookin up) on has been good. Finally brought some drama back into Star Wars. But if I could only pic one: Shadows of the Empire. Vader is such the @#$% in that! You learn a better appreciation of him to.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 07:20 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

I liked the Thrawn duology too. Luke and Mara getting married was so random big grin

I liked Courtship of Princess Leia too big grin

This doesnt mean there weren't many other great bools (Zahn Trilogy, etc.) These were just my favs...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 06:08 PM
Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I quite like the han solo trilogy, kinda funny the way he's the bane of Boba Fetts life.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I always have trouble with the han solo trilogy and another trilogy named to him or something like that messed the han solo adventures?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 09:09 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

courtship of princess leia was really good, i forgot about that one!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2003 11:38 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

darth maul:shadow hunter.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

hmmm probably one of the NJO.....Rebel Dream.....

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah, the new jedi order are good, but i like the old school...gonna have to say Original Thrawn, not the new one, the trilogy...oh, and the Rogue squadron are great also...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 14th, 2003 08:45 AM
Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Halsey
The Last Admiral,

NO!
I allways hated the courtship of Princess Liea...
For many reasons,
But aside from that not ebgin the ebst book, it defiatly has to be vison of the Future, The final screan with Pelleaon and the Major can never be beaten.
Dark tide II ruin isn't bad either...

Halsey

I'm a Admiral, my presumption is fact- Admiral Halsey to his ade.

Who needs love, when you can have power? -Admiral Halsey to his wife, upon betraying her.

Everything can be defined in terms of the Millitary - Halsey, at his final planning meeting.

This is so undignidied- The Last words of Admiral Halsey

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 09:38 AM
Click here to Send Admiral Halsey a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Halsey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

NJO......can't say which one.....but the old ones are nice too....I liked Thrawn trilogy and even courtship of princess leia

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

Taitor by Matt Stover. No Doubt. Or maybe the Han Solo Trilogy. Or even I, Jedi.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I'm partial to the Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin Anderson because they are the first SW books I ever read. But the NJO is good too.

Long Live Kyp Durron!

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:02 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

I liked the jedi academy trilogy to, but I thought volumes 2 and 3 were
not as good as volume1.
For me, The Thrawn trilogy is the best especially the second volume
Dark Force Rising.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Final Profecy wasn't bad either

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 02:31 AM
Dirty Vader

evil face

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Last edited by Dirty Vader on Nov 3rd, 2003 at 01:00 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 12:52 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dirty Vader

Courtship was good, even though the falcon is not armed with proton torpedoes.
sad
I thought that Warlord Zinj died to easily though, and wasnt even
suppose to because the falcon does not have proton torpedoes!
mad
And to finish, how can a single Hapan Battle Dragon manage to put up a good fight against a whole fleet of star destroyers in which there's a super-star destroyer. confused

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 12:55 AM
mim cloudwater

i like all basically equaly except the thrawn trilogy which is the best, and crystal star, and crystal of the minds eye, which are the worst mother fricken starwars books ever made and the authors should be hanged and cut into a thousand peices with a lightsaber. luke with 10mins training of the force defeats vader in a saber fight, in which the next movie vader totaly whoops ass on him, there is no such thing as a "crystal" that magnifies the force, thats making starwars into some little kiddie show. and if luke cant use the force(crystal star) he would not be paralyzed and acting like a vegtable

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 06:09 PM
Click here to Send mim cloudwater a Private Message Find more posts by mim cloudwater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

I can't believe I forgot this one. I just finished reading I, Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole for probably the third or fourth time. I think it's my overall favorite, with Traitor coming in a close second.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 04:06 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote