KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- The Dojo

USH'S MATRIX GAME- The Dojo
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (71): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME- The Dojo

"This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules, rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken."

Welcome to the official, long awiated Dojo thread! This thread serves three purposes

1. A fun place for people to come and fight each other, just for the sport of it

2. A testing area- both for players to test their skills, Paths and loadouts, and for me to test the system to make sure it runs ok.

3. A training area- so that players that go on Assignment actually know how to fight and what to do when a combat starts- to have the aire of trained soliders, not raw novices- even the Naturals are trained.

The Dojo is a flexzible, player friendly area. As it starts, the Dojo has the appearance of the Dojo from the firat Matrix film- only larger, large enough to handle large amounts of players.

At the request of the MAJORITY of players, the appearance of the Dojo can be shifted to simulate any environment you wish- sewers, city streets, rooftop, Genoosis droid factory etc.

I will be the final arbiter on which environment is simulated. Let's see some team-play here though- let other people have a go with this 'toy' sometimes, even if they are in the minority! It will be enough work for me to run ONE Dojo thread so don't make me run two!

Anyone can challenge anyone to a fight, or join in a fight halfway. Only one rule- you may not fight anyone who does not wish to fight you; I will enforce this. All fights are by co-operation and agreement only, you cannot spoil someone else's fun.

If you so wish, the Dojo will simulate enemies for you to fight. Two rules:

1. The Dojo can only simulate mundane enemies like cops and security guards
2. The Dojo can only simulate about half a dozen enemies at a time

That second rule is a bit arbitrary from me- but the point of both rules is that I want this place to only give you BASIC training. Some situations you can only check out on Assignment, and learn the hard way.

If people want, I can have other Rebels from Zion come and act as opponents or allies for you. They are people too, though, so treat them as such- they have their own lives, and are good at their own things. They will be made-up, not people from the films, so don't worry about Neo breezing by.

Dallas might pop in from time to time to see how you guys are doing.

That is how the Dojo works... as to how to fight, go here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f41/t14847.html

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 17th, 2003 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 03:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CURRENT STATE OF DOJO:

Unoccupied.

Simulation is: Chinese/Japanese sparring Dojo as seen in first film.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 06:31 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I'm sure I will use the Dojo when my brain starts working... me confuuuuuuused again... I'll just save al this to word and read it thru later.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:42 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good idea! Feel free to ask me for any help!

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:49 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll say what I think is a good idea. Once we have two people who think they get it and want to try it out, they can have a fight, and everyone else can watch and understand!

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:50 PM
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

is it possible to have a fight on a highway with simulate cars going past, which acan be used
e.g-
throwing someone into the path of a car or even into car, or using it as cover, from attacks?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:54 PM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, but I recommend a simple fight before we get into advanced environmental factors.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:56 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I've saved the page, s I'll hav a proper look at it tonight and fight some1 tomorrow

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:57 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oooh! Girl fight! Girl fight!

(apologises)

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 07:57 PM
Dexx
wingless

i think i got it and wanna try it...who's up for sparring?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 08:29 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Brave words! Who accepteth the challenge?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 08:32 PM
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
i think i got it and wanna try it...who's up for sparring?

i'll try

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 08:43 PM
Crisis is currently offline Click here to Send Crisis a Private Message Find more posts by Crisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right, befoe you fight, are you each both aware of what powers you can use? Are you happy with your Download Loadout?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 08:45 PM
Crisis
Mr.Keanu Dude

hes offline,
propally scared
hehe laughing

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 08:50 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Ill take u on neo
i wanna give my character a go

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:20 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Anyone wanna fight me??

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:31 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I bet I am sleep when everyone wants to fight...

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:33 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

fine if noone wants to fight, ush could u make a couple coppertops for me to practice on??

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 09:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okidokey, Burn. I can offer you three security guards, armed with Nightsticks that do strength +2 damage, with a Martial Arts skill of zero, for you to fight.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:20 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

works for me

Old Post Oct 13th, 2003 10:30 PM