KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Which is the date of Judgement Day in all of the 3 movies?

Which is the date of Judgement Day in all of the 3 movies?
Started by: zsolt_tuser

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doctor Lecter
Cannibalistic Physician

Gender: Male
Location:

Terminator takes place in 1984.

Terminator 2 takes place in 1994. (35 years in the past from 2029).

Terminator 3 takes place in 2004. (10 years after T2).

Here's what I think happens:

The original Judgement Day date was July 29th, 2004. However, when Cyberdyne gained the CPU from the Terminator's head, it pushed Judgement Day closer, due to the future technology.

Judgement Day then became August 29th, 1997.

But when the CPU was destroyed, along with Cyberdyne, it returned everything to normal. Judgement Day then was returned to July 29th, 2004.


__________________

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 10:49 PM
Doctor Lecter is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Lecter a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Lecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

That's a pretty good way of seeing that. Well done!

How comes I never thought of that?

Anyone else agree with Doctor Lector? lol


__________________
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 01:08 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roman3212
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Cameron did screw up the timeline(s) so it is not gana make perfect sense. Here is the thing: Before we try to make sense of a movie or series of movies involving time travel we need to figure out what theory of time travel they are going by. In T1 they (presumably) went by the theory that the future is set. Otherwise where did John Connor come from? They also cut out 2 scenes in T1 that explained that cyberdyne developed skynet, and a later scene that showed that the building where the T-800 was killed in was Cyberdyne, and that Cyberdyne Mgmt hid everything so they could study it. Thus explaining how skynet was created in the first place.

In T2 they went with the theory that the future is not set when they blew up Cyberdyne and killed Miles Dyson. From this point on there is really no point in trying to make sense of it because it wont work. The future is either set or it isn't, it cant be both. But if you want to get really crazy with it here is a thought: what if the John Connor who sent Kyle Reese back was really not Kyles son? That was a different John Connor. Once Reese went back he changed the future erasing that John from existance and (luckily) created a new one. Thanks to his mothers experiance she prepared him from birth so it is no coincidence that he would go on to lead the resistance just as the original John did. Crazy, and obviously not intended, but the only way to put it together.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 08:56 PM
roman3212 is currently offline Click here to Send roman3212 a Private Message Find more posts by roman3212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
But if you want to get really crazy with it here is a thought: what if the John Connor who sent Kyle Reese back was really not Kyles son? That was a different John Connor. Once Reese went back he changed the future erasing that John from existance and (luckily) created a new one. Thanks to his mothers experiance she prepared him from birth so it is no coincidence that he would go on to lead the resistance just as the original John did. Crazy, and obviously not intended, but the only way to put it together. [/B]


I've always thought about that. If you're not going by the time-travel loop theory, then Sarah's assuming her son with Reese is going to be the same John Connor she would have had all along. But it seems the original John had a different father. Pretty risky bet there if you asked me.

Ya good thinking, Kyle. Endanger the existence of John by sleeping with his mother.


__________________
Paying member of the Official Cliegg Lars Fan Club

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 09:32 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpyCspider
Ya good thinking, Kyle. Endanger the existence of John by sleeping with his mother.


Leave the guy alone...Reese only wanted to lose his virginity. Can't blame the guy for getting "his", LOL.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 11:09 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Made you look

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SlickRick69
That's right... if the easiest way to get around the whole screw-up is to consider that police car computer screen in T2 to be the error, then so be it... John was concieved in mid 84, born in early 85, grew up to 12-13 so it was 97ish in T2... 10 years later, T3... 2007...

Kyle was in the 132nd under Perry from 2021-27, and under John Connor from 27-29, when he left the timeline to go save Sarah...

T-800 from T2 was sent back 35 years, so sent back from 2032...

still all makes sense
Nah, that's just messed up and wrong. happy

In T3 Kate said to John they were in Eighth grade. That's 1998/9 for John.


__________________

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Last edited by It's xyz! on Jun 19th, 2009 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 04:23 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
Nah, that's just messed up and wrong. happy

In T3 Kate said to John they were in Eighth grade. That's 1998/9 for John.


Don't remember that?
but That just makes it more messed up....... according to the computer in T2 john is 10 so it makes it 1995.
so T3 and the SCC messed it up royally cause in SCC sarah is alive in 1999 when she died in 1997 according to T3
unless if they go back in time to 1997 where she dies?
as for the trees and snow they are in LA i don't think the trees change or there is snow unless it's in the mountains but T1 was in may and john born in feb
t2 summer some time


__________________

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 05:24 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

I thought TSCC didn't take T3 into account?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 05:14 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by U Neek
I thought TSCC didn't take T3 into account?


Affirmative.


__________________
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 06:59 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Made you look

Account Restricted

Then again T3 does say T2 happened 2 years before old Judegement Day (97), so that means they think T1 took place in 81 or 80. Which brings up a point. Is there any reference at all that says T1 took place in 1981 in T1 or T2?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor Lecter
Terminator takes place in 1984.

Terminator 2 takes place in 1994. (35 years in the past from 2029).

Terminator 3 takes place in 2004. (10 years after T2).

Here's what I think happens:

The original Judgement Day date was July 29th, 2004. However, when Cyberdyne gained the CPU from the Terminator's head, it pushed Judgement Day closer, due to the future technology.

Judgement Day then became August 29th, 1997.

But when the CPU was destroyed, along with Cyberdyne, it returned everything to normal. Judgement Day then was returned to July 29th, 2004.
That's a good theory, but that means the John who sent Kyle back is most likely not his son, and it destroys the loop theory.

I'm happy to admit the creators ****ed up, and it can't be solved. Doesn't exactly mean the films are bad, just T2 and T3 are flawed.


__________________

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 11:09 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
Then again T3 does say T2 happened 2 years before old Judegement Day (97), so that means they think T1 took place in 81 or 80. Which brings up a point. Is there any reference at all that says T1 took place in 1981 in T1 or T2?


I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of T1, just before Arnie appears in the "present" day, there is some writing on screen saying "LOS ANGELES, 1984 1:52AM"...

-U

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 11:43 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

quote: (post)
Originally posted by U Neek
I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of T1, just before Arnie appears in the "present" day, there is some writing on screen saying "LOS ANGELES, 1984 1:52AM"...

-U


I think so too, but in any case the police computer says John was born in Feb 1985 so T1 happens in 1984.
The whole franchise is a grandfather paradox.
If John sent a woman warrior or even a terminator back in time to 1984 would he disappear in 2029?
How could skynet exist in 2029 if they didn't send a terminator back to 1984 for cyberdine to get the cpu and arm?
and i've gone crosseyed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox


__________________

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 04:21 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

"... God, a person could go crazy thinking about this."


__________________
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 06:05 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Barf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by barand1
"... God, a person could go crazy thinking about this."


Good one.

Maybe it's like Bill & Ted, where they just think that they will use the time machine later and go back in time and put the keys by a tree so they will have them when they need them in the future, but they have to remember to do it later otherwise it won't happen.... but it did happen, so it doesn't matter anymore?


__________________

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 09:08 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom


__________________
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 07:30 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Made you look

Account Restricted

laughing out loud


__________________

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 08:05 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bugger
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

Something that nobody in this thread seems to have considered, which surprises me based on the complexity of some theories proposed, is that Judgement Day is August 29, 1997, period.

Look at it this way:

Judgement day was 8.29.97, Reese told this to Sarah so she quoted it as the day in T2. This is all the pertinent information.

Ignore the third movie, stop bashing Cameron for messing things up, and look at some facts. James Cameron made TWO movies around the Terminator movie. He did NOT write the third movie, he is only in the credits as a writer due to the inclusion of characters he created. The ONLY Canon is found in Terminator and Terminator 2.

Final answer in the true canon of the series is this:

Terminator sent back to destroy Sarah and is destroyed.

Terminator sent back to kill John and the company designing Skynet is destroyed.

Judgement day is averted, the war never happens in the T2 timeline.

It's a multiple timeline theory and it works. It just seems pointless to take what is essentially high budget fan fiction and try and mash it into a series that is already complete.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 08:50 AM
bugger is currently offline Click here to Send bugger a Private Message Find more posts by bugger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Made you look

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bugger
Something that nobody in this thread seems to have considered, which surprises me based on the complexity of some theories proposed, is that Judgement Day is August 29, 1997, period.

Look at it this way:

Judgement day was 8.29.97, Reese told this to Sarah so she quoted it as the day in T2. This is all the pertinent information.

Ignore the third movie, stop bashing Cameron for messing things up, and look at some facts. James Cameron made TWO movies around the Terminator movie. He did NOT write the third movie, he is only in the credits as a writer due to the inclusion of characters he created. The ONLY Canon is found in Terminator and Terminator 2.

Final answer in the true canon of the series is this:

Terminator sent back to destroy Sarah and is destroyed.

Terminator sent back to kill John and the company designing Skynet is destroyed.

Judgement day is averted, the war never happens in the T2 timeline.

It's a multiple timeline theory and it works. It just seems pointless to take what is essentially high budget fan fiction and try and mash it into a series that is already complete.
Then who is John's original father?


__________________

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 04:52 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bugger
Junior Member

Gender:
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
Then who is John's original father?

Ok, there you can blame Cameron. stick out tongue

But to try and give an explatnation, I see it like this:

John Conner's father is Kyle Reese.

The Terminator and Kyle are sent back in one timeline, this happens irregardless.

When the terminator is destroyed, nothing significant has changed because this event always happened.

It isn't until the destruction of Skynet that the future was changed to remove Judgement Day.

Of course, while that could explain the parentage, it doesn't explain why the war happened in the first place. Maybe the first time around Kyle destroyed the Terminator completely and Sarah didn't have the final confrontation with the endoskeleton that caused her to realize she was a part of this fight so she didn't go trying to warn people and accepted that Judgement Day would happen regardless of her actions.

That would mean she didn't blow up the research and Judgement Day actually occured.

So yeah, there is a possibility that in a slight alteration of the timeline Skynet went online and that in the second timeline the alteration didn't occur and Sarah stopped Skynet.

It is still possible to assume that Kyle was always John's father as long as he always goes back.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 08:00 PM
bugger is currently offline Click here to Send bugger a Private Message Find more posts by bugger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Made you look

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bugger
Ok, there you can blame Cameron. stick out tongue

But to try and give an explatnation, I see it like this:

John Conner's father is Kyle Reese.

The Terminator and Kyle are sent back in one timeline, this happens irregardless.

When the terminator is destroyed, nothing significant has changed because this event always happened.

It isn't until the destruction of Skynet that the future was changed to remove Judgement Day.

Of course, while that could explain the parentage, it doesn't explain why the war happened in the first place. Maybe the first time around Kyle destroyed the Terminator completely and Sarah didn't have the final confrontation with the endoskeleton that caused her to realize she was a part of this fight so she didn't go trying to warn people and accepted that Judgement Day would happen regardless of her actions.

That would mean she didn't blow up the research and Judgement Day actually occured.

So yeah, there is a possibility that in a slight alteration of the timeline Skynet went online and that in the second timeline the alteration didn't occur and Sarah stopped Skynet.

It is still possible to assume that Kyle was always John's father as long as he always goes back.
So basically, T1 timeline, or T2 timeline.

Of course, since T1 came first, T2 takes the bullet for the inconsistent timeline.


__________________

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2009 08:16 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:29 PM.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Which is the date of Judgement Day in all of the 3 movies?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.