KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The death of Luke Skywalker

The death of Luke Skywalker
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

The death of Luke Skywalker

JediOasis
Jedi Padawan
(3/21/01 1:50:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All The death of Luke Skywalker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When does everybody think that Luke will eventually perish? Many are predicting that he will meet his ultimate demise at the end of the NJO series, but I don't think so anymore. Someone will make a final sacrifice, but I think that'll be Han and Leia in the Falcon...."I love you," "I know,-The last words of Han and Leia Solo. But anyways, Luke isn't the lone Jedi who has no one to look after anymore. He is married and is about to have his first child, so he can't just go off at the first sign of danger, something we have already seen in the NJO. That being said how wil he die? I think a new Sith will along after the NJO, maybe even his son eventually, and the Sith kills Luke and the twins and Anakin bring him back or kill him. Either way, I don't think the Vong will be the end of Luke, just MHO.
"Are you feeling stupid? I know I am,"-Homer J. Simpson

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/21/01 6:37:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No they cant kill off Luke. They could kill off anyone but Luke. It just isnt gonna happen. But if they did then I guess they would have to bring him back in an Obi-wan Kenobi stylie! And have some young Jedi take his role with the ghost of luke being his mentor. Or something stupid like that!

JediOasis
Jedi Knight
(3/21/01 8:46:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ...
Luke can't live forever. All I know is that it will be a sad sad day when I read about his death.

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/21/01 11:21:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Oh trust me, writers these days can be very creative when they want to be. Im sure they could come up with some way to make him live forever. Even if it is some kind of weird punishment for him for something he does in the future. They could make it happen if they really wanted to!

JediOasis
Jedi Knight
(3/22/01 3:21:11 am)
While I do think that Luke will eventually die I always wondered what Yoda meant when Luke told him he couldn't die and Yoda said "Strong am I in the Force, but not that strong...." Does that mean someone strong enough in the Force could live forever?

Xizor
Jedi Council Member
(4/3/01 2:00:51 am)
Well, If Luke has to die, what better way then in saving the galaxy from a dark side force(I agree that it cn't be the Vong). I don't think it would be all that bad if a trilogy comes out in which Luke dies in the first intallment and then his ghost guides Anakin or his son in the next 2.
Xizor

To contend with Xizor is to lose.....never forget that.

Admiral Kettch
Jedi Padawan
(4/4/01 2:52:26 am)
I wouldn't read so much into Yoda's statement. I just see it has him ridiculing Luke, and not meaning that a jedi could live forever.

I still think Luke can die in the NJO, I've got a nice theory on how a dark jedi can be introduced into the series into the series.

Admiral Kettch

Old Post Apr 10th, 2001 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ninja

As I stated in the old board, Luke should've been killed in The New Rebellion. That post was closed because everyone got angry at me. Luke is going to die sometime soon, since he's getting older every day.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 05:44 PM
Find more posts by Darth Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Well, he is only in his 40's. And now with his kid about to be born in the next book I think Luke will live for a while now, at least 10-15 more years. Maybe he'll eventually die bringing his son back from the dark side. It would be cool to see his son become a Sith Lord and Luke brings him back. It would just be kinda ironic.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 06:51 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ninja

If you keep fighting ith Lords eventually you will get killed. In Tales Of The Jedi, we kept seeing newer Jedi, because the older ones kept getting killed off. Luke Skywalker, Tott Doneeta, Nomi Sunrider, and Master Thon are the only Jedi who haven't gotten killed (yet).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 10:38 PM
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

i never liked luke

remember when he first met yoda

if i was yoda i would have told him to **** off

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 10:55 AM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

How can you not like Luke? He is the Star Wars saga.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 03:37 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

NO he isn't, ANAKIN is. George Lucas said so.

That whole "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker" thing got dropped agaes ago.

OK, steps off of soap box... laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Ahem....so far Luke is the saga. We wouldn't be Star Wars fans if it wasn't for Luke. He is the main guy from the OT. Lucas can say what he wants, but the OT is centered around Luke.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 13th, 2001 08:13 PM
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

but luke had so much rage inside and he always doupted every thing he was told

and he was always getting hurt

geeeeeez the guy was a weak wusssss
and vader should have kicked his asssss

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 07:40 AM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Vader triend, Luke was just stronger. Anakin may be the choosen one that doesn't mean he has to be stronger in the Force, look at Obi-Wan he whips Anakin in EP III. Plus Luke did what Vader couldn't do, he faced down the darkside and came back before he did anything stupid.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 07:58 PM
Darth Ninja

I'm kinda indifferent towards Luke Skywalker. There are qualities I like about him and there are qualities I don't like about him.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 08:58 PM
Ratcat

But in the grand scheme Star Wars is about the rise, fall and ultimate redemption of Anakin.

Like it or not, George has stated that the complete saga is Anakins story.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2001 10:25 PM
Zereil
Scoundrel

As to Lukes death I'd like to see him as a grumpy old man like Yoda. Having luke look back on how he was back then now that would be interesting. He'd probably try to forget his teenage period, and the just meeting girls bit, particularly if we consider Splinter of the Minds eye in any of the equation... Anyway Luke is good but like anyone could on occasion be a bit of an a$$

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kwenn

Warning Now, young Skywalker....you will die...

Vader didn't want to kick his a$$ because he was his father. In ESB, he was dueling one-handed, as if he wasn't even trying.

No-one lives forever. Boba Fett's cool, but he died in the Sarlacc (according to Lucas). I hope Skywalker dies, but only against a Sith. But not a cloned Emperor. That'd undermine everything Vader did.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2001 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Kwenn a Private Message Find more posts by Kwenn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I hope that Luke doesn't die anytime soon. The story as it is now in EU revolves around him and the Solo kids. But it is mainly Luke. We already had Chewy die on us in NJO let's hope that is enough dead main characters for now.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 06:08 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

There is rumour of another death very soon.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 07:27 AM
LanceWindu

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 07:30 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yep, but no one knows who yet. Lando was a possibility, but I don't think that would have the impact of Chewies death.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 07:42 AM
LanceWindu

Lando is a good character but nowhere near lovable Chewbacca.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 08:29 AM
yerssot

In Belgium, there aren't many books of StarWars, last year the trilogy of Timothy Zhan and Rogue Planet, so I can't follow. But can you tell me one thing? How did Chuwie died?? (please say that he was trying to save Han; so his lifedebt is payed!!)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 12:28 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote