KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Holes in The Matrix Movies

Holes in The Matrix Movies
Started by: The Alpha

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tshirt

WHy the agents didn't just jump on Trinity's car (or the twins shoot and blow it up).

1) That is movie luck.
2) It is part of the script.
3) It is a well known fact that useless extras (be they people or cars) are surrounded by jugs of gasoline or other explosive material thus causing them to blow up with only the slightest provocation.

Seriously, I think in part it is because they are all trying to get the Key Maker back alive. So blowing up the car would be contrary to their mission. (If they wanted him dead, why did they keep him alive and imprisoned?)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 07:02 PM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

yeh, the agents want him deleted, but the twins dont
just jumping on his car wouldnt be very efficient
also, if trinity died there, where is the choice later on?
(and one of the twins blew her a kiss, so why kill her?)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 07:17 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Also, the Twins didn't destroy the other cars, they scared and/or killed the drivers, causing them to swerve out of control, hitting other cars or the median...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 07:33 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeMakeMovies
file 404 not found

ok physics people: if neo can stop bullets then he can alter entropy (in its basic form, entropy is why something breaks apart rather than form together). if he can alter entropy, he can do just about anything. entropy is the tendency of everything to become disorganized, so if he can alter it, he can in theory make everything organized, he can put ships back together, make thm fall apart, etc.... there are endless possibilities. with that said, let's all just accept the movie for what it is until revolutions is released smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 03:04 AM
EyeMakeMovies is currently offline Click here to Send EyeMakeMovies a Private Message Find more posts by EyeMakeMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dryden
Certified Goat Getter!

i agree...smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 03:06 AM
Dryden is currently offline Click here to Send Dryden a Private Message Find more posts by Dryden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

no, it is different altogether to rewrite or "hack" the code of a bullet so that it stops, and rewrite the code of a ship (im assuming you are refering to cars or vehicles IN the matrix, as he has no *powers* outside the matrix) so that it works again. It would be VERY easy to stop a bullet, but VERY hard to make a ship go BACK in time, so that it is put back together, or make it age, to fall apart...he cannot govern entropy, b/c entropy is a natural law, whereas he can change gravity, or override it, because it is governed by a porgram...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 03:08 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

this means that NEO is not still beleiving in himself as THE ONE

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 07:44 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magitech
The Muffin King

Neo must obviously have powers beyond the matrix because he knew that the squids where throwing a bomb, he destroyed the squidies with his "powers," and he has visions of the future in his dreams. To get a better grasp on what neo is doing you have to take a look at thing metaphysicaly.

Reality is the illusion that everything we encounter exists as a separate and distinct "thing" from our own existence. This is an arbitrary distintion made up by our physcy. Nothing can be proven to be real under this thinking.

"all that exists as persons, places and things lives only within our own consciousness" - goldsmith

I believe Neo power comes from his awakening to this truth.

"It is only because of ignorance that the Self appears to be finite. When ignorance is destroyed, the Self, which does not admit of any multiplicity whatsoever, truly reveals Itself by Itself, like the sun when the cloud is removed." - sankaracharya

under this thinking everything is really one, and neo as the annomly has transended our reality and become "the one." thusly he can can effect all others because they are an extention of "himself" and he is an extention of them. In the end this only my interpretation but i think that this is the line of thinking that the brothers go along, damn those guys are smart.

Another point I find interesting is Agent Smith. I think that when neo attacked agent smith at the end of the first movie the thing he "inserted" into smith was his ego, his sense of himself that chained him to this interpretation of reality. This frees neo from the illusion but also traps smith with in it, Smith has become the super-ego while neo has become the id. Smith is driven to repress and control all while neo is driven by the pleasure-principle(ie. instant gratification). I can't wait to see what happens in their final battle, Ego vs. Id very exciting.

Oh, and sorry for writing so much whistle

Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 08:40 AM
Magitech is currently offline Click here to Send Magitech a Private Message Find more posts by Magitech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
what are you mad at me for? What did i do?

i thought u called Neo a pig

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 10:06 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Magitech> Hmmm, very interesting...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 12:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I am no fan of Goldsmith- I think Descartes, for all his loony maths and God-proving, covered the area better- and I believe in the veracity of sense experience. I cannot say I believe that interpretation, Magitech. I believe the truth will be far more down to Earth, as it were.

However, I seem to be greatly straying from topic, my bad. Anyone have any holes in the Movies that are not just pedantic nitpicks?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 17th, 2003 at 12:42 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 12:38 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yeah, the cop-out theory I am going to call MWAM. The solution for people who can't think of the real answer smile

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 01:16 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Plot of one in every five Star Trek episodes, I call it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 01:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spydar1982
What Up G?

Sifer> What if the movie really ends with MWAM?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 05:19 PM
spydar1982 is currently offline Click here to Send spydar1982 a Private Message Find more posts by spydar1982 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Sifer> or the theory for those too intelligent to accept any other...JJ, Sifer... laughing

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 07:13 PM
The Alpha
anomaly

MWAM theory can never be true
ZION is a real world but it appears as a programmed world

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 05:32 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

what makes you SO sure the MWAM is not possible...?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 05:39 AM
carnage713

i jus saw both movie for the 1st time tonite. loved the 1st thought second one sucked. thats MY opinion

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 05:46 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

well, you are *cough*not*cough* entitled to your opinion...JJ

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 05:50 AM
carnage713

i didnt think it had much to it. thats all except 4 great fite seens

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 05:53 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote