KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » If to read EU

If to read EU
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just a quick reminder that Splinter of the Mind's Eye has been removed from the official storyline, though it is still listed in a chronological order. And even if you do accept it, it very badly contradicts other things, and it's a bit yucky as well...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

What is wrong with that?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 06:34 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It was the Luke/Leia relationship I was referring to.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 11:29 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

A lot of books can I go by it like this or does the x wing series have stuff in it that must be read or else I loose vital info?

The Truce at Bakura
The Courtship of Princess Leia
The Thrawn Trilogy
The Jedi Acadamy Trilogy
I, Jedi
Children of the Jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight
The Crystal Star
The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy
The New Rebellion
The Corellian Trilogy
The Hand of Thrawn Duology
The New Jedi Order Series

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 04:36 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

The Truce at Bakura(A good book, but nothing major really happens)
The Courtship of Princess Leia(A must read, introduces the Hapans and has the Han and Leia marriage.)
The Thrawn Trilogy(MUSTMUSTMUST read, a lot of the major EU characters are introduced)
The Jedi Acadamy Trilogy(Another must read, introduces Kyp Durron, a major player of the New Jedi Order)
I, Jedi(good book, but not a must read)
Children of the Jedi(Pointless and stupid)
Darksaber (Awful)
Planet of Twilight (Another bad one)
The Crystal Star (Worst SW book out there)
The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy (Not bad, but it doesn't really explain anything)
The New Rebellion(The best non-series SW book)
The Corellian Trilogy (Must read, lots of good story lines)
The Hand of Thrawn Duology (Its the end of the Empire, a definite)
The New Jedi Order Series(By far and away the best series to date, far supierior to the Thrawn trilogy. )

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 04:55 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Can they be read separately or is it a common tread like aging and events. Like events in one book is followed up by another ( I know there is a lot of different authors here only one i know is Kenneth?Anderson.)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2001 05:50 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well I have become a member on an Internett book club in Norway. And my first order is

• The Truce at Bakura
  • The Courtship of Princess Leia

I will start with these two, I have a lot of catching up to do. Man there are many books I need to be selective in my choice of books. Are there books that is a must, I need to read so I wont miss out on anything. After that books I have already chosen that is.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 09:36 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

The first two you selected are a good choice.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 02:22 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

They are supposed to be right after ROTJ, I go from there.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2001 03:29 PM
yerssot

I just got some comics!!!!!!!!!!
What is the best?
I think it's the one mission to malastare with almost the entire coucil and with a tuskenraider-jedi (I only have the second of the eight)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2001 11:06 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

The Dark Empire comics are pretty good, they deal with the resurected Emperor.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2001 04:20 PM
yerssot

And how many parts are there?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2001 06:02 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh God, NOT the ressurected Emperor... were they SO bereft of imagination that that was all they could think of to do?

See, I appreciate the NJO series for actually trying to be forward thinking rather than clinging so hard to the past like all those clone plots did.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2001 02:24 PM
yerssot

What is your favorit comic than Ush?

Still, my favorit is Mission to Malastare!!!!!!!!! Extremly Good!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2001 05:22 PM
Julie
The Student

I haven't gooten a chance to read many of the comics? any sugesstions?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Mission to Malastare!!!!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 01:46 PM
Julie
The Student

I'm beginning to see a patern here. So where would I go about finding "Mission to Malastare?"

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2001 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote