KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Vader's body

Vader's body
Started by: jedi212guy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Tongue

Wait, so I'm confused. Vaders body disappeard when Luke put him in the shuttle, and when they got back to the planet, they decided to burn his cape just for the hell of it? What, that makes no sense, wouldn't they just throw away his suit like some trash? I mean, if his organic body disappeard, there would be no point in burning his suit! Face it, Lucas didn't think this through! confused

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well what if Luke did it as a gesture towards his father or as a jedi. Like the way they burnt Qui-Gon in TPM.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 07:44 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

They only burned Qui-Gon because he didn't disappear. I'm sure if he did, they wouldn't burn his chlothes.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Burning Vader's suit was symbolic.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Do you have to disappear to be seen in a spirit body? Could Qui-Gon be seen in Epi. 3?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 09:28 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I believe you do; I believe it is self-evident and I believe that it is stretching credibility if the disappearing trick and the ghost trick are BOTH things that Obi-Wan and Yoda work out later in the story (as Darth Vader clearly knows of the existence of NEITHER in ANH; hence the Strike me down line etc.).

Thgere is some debate here, though. If Qui-Gon turns up as a ghost I am almost certainly wrong.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

if vader doesn't know of the ghost trick and the dissapeaering trick, then how does he manage to transform himself into a ghost at the end of the film, he saw ob1 vanish but he couldn't have suddenly thought to himself, "right, when i die i think i'll vanish as well, just for the fun of it," in fact does he even dissapear, his face is still there when luke drags him onto the ship and is it not possible thathis body had sunk into the fire and so that all that remained visible at that point was his mask. the gap between him dying and the gap between him appearing could only have been about a day or so anyway so why can't qui gon, in ten years have managed to learn that? i'm still convinced it has something to do with unfinished business and that when that business is finished you don't appear anymore.

either way, burning vader wasn't very good for the environment now was it.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 10:52 PM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How Anakin managed to vanish is somewhat of a mystery.

But Vader did NOT know of either trick, that was the whole point of that scene with Obi-Wan.

If it was just down to fulfilling desitnies it would have happened before, which it hasn't.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 8th, 2001 10:55 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

how do you know, perhaps all of the jedi have suceeded in fulfilling their destines and so there was no need for them to come back as a ghost, i will admit though that this topic is hard because apart from anakin we don't know any of the jedi's destiny, vader was wrong about lukes so we don't know his either.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 11:44 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We don't KNOW if Vader disappears. We don't SEE it happening.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 12:50 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The clothes burning can be to say: we destroyed all that is left of Vader, only the good memories stay

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 04:36 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I still think it is self-evident that Anakin's Ghost appearance PROVES he disappeared! And most of Lucasfilm is on my side!

BtVS

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 05:20 PM
yerssot

I agree, but what Lucasfilm thinks doesn't mather: they are just guys that work on a terrific movie, but it must be clearly in the movie; it is nice that it is said by them (even McCallum) but it must be IN the movie

Old Post Aug 10th, 2001 04:24 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, I know that (though I think the ghost appearance is direct film proof), but you have to admit the case for saying he disappeared is looking very strong.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 10th, 2001 05:24 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah, he disappeared, it's a shame Jar Jar doesn't! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 12th, 2001 05:18 AM
yerssot

We can allways shoot him evil face evil face evil face
What? Ush agrees again??? What have you been drinking???

Old Post Aug 12th, 2001 12:54 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Yeah he's probably been drinking, and god only know what else wink smokin'

Old Post Aug 15th, 2001 02:19 AM
Ratcat

Maybe the burning allows them to move into oneness with the Force if they don't vanish on their own. That would also give a reason for the burning of QGJ?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Than ob1 doesn't need to be sad, because he will see his master back

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 09:58 AM
Ratcat

Well, he wasn't weeping and throwing his arms in the air was he?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote