KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Top 100 Guitarists by Rolling Stone

Top 100 Guitarists by Rolling Stone
Started by: Difrycheulyd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
grymlock
mountain of power

no Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Yngwie J Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert etc weird.. it's a swindle!!

cheers!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:27 PM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

where is slash from guns n roses

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 04:29 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

he aint there

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 06:32 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd
Your Highness,I'm so high

To be honest I think they just put Hendrix at No 1 and pulled all the rest of the names out of hat!

"Everyone plays the Hand they're dealt with, and Learns to walk through life, themselves not everything is handed on a plate, When people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do...I sold my soul to get here; how bout you?"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 06:57 PM
Difrycheulyd is currently offline Click here to Send Difrycheulyd a Private Message Find more posts by Difrycheulyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Hmmmm where would I come on the list?

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 07:20 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

I just want to know how jack white got so high.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 11:32 PM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Yeah, I agree with some of the guitarists on the list. Some of my definite favorites! But where's Satriani?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 02:50 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

quote:
Originally posted by blakangel
To be honest I think they just put Hendrix at No 1 and pulled all the rest of the names out of hat!

More like out of their ass

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 04:17 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

WHAT??!?! Pete Townshend at 50! Eddie at 70! Johny Ramone at 16! (even though I love The Ramones he shouldnt be that high up) What the hell is wrong with this list!

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 12:05 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

why is Jack white on there?

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:25 AM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Good question. There shouldn't be any blues guitarists on that list, cos blues are just repeated riffs, and The White Stripes are essentially a contemporary blues band. They may as well put Wayne Static in there.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:31 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by 113
how Kurt Cobain beat out Tom Morello and Santana is beyond me blink ...Cobain wasn't even a good guitarist

yeah really blink

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:35 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
Good question. There shouldn't be any blues guitarists on that list, cos blues are just repeated riffs, and The White Stripes are essentially a contemporary blues band. They may as well put Wayne Static in there.

I disagree. No, Jack White shouldn't be on that list, but believe me when I say that there were some truly great blues guitarists. Mostly older guys though, none of whom are on that list... The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Robert Johnson--the guy in "O Brother, Where Art Thou" who believed he sold his soul to the devil so he could play guitar well. On top of which, blues is the basis for so many other genres... Rock, punk, gospel, soul, R&B...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:42 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

I totally agree with Darth Raven

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 02:43 AM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC
Eternal Respect to BC

Good to see Knophler on there, he's overlooked so often.

Kate xx

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 01:50 PM
KMC is currently offline Click here to Send KMC a Private Message Find more posts by KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto

Stevie Ray Vaughan was a blues guitarist and he was one of the best

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 03:31 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yeah some blues gutiarists are amazing

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:23 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Blues is difficult to write too, because it's hard to pull it off without sounding cheesy!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:45 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I disagree. No, Jack White shouldn't be on that list, but believe me when I say that there were some truly great blues guitarists. Mostly older guys though, none of whom are on that list... The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Robert Johnson--the guy in "O Brother, Where Art Thou" who believed he sold his soul to the devil so he could play guitar well. On top of which, blues is the basis for so many other genres... Rock, punk, gospel, soul, R&B...

Look at #5...

THe top 5 are all brilliant guitarists, there's no denying that, but after that it starts getting a little sketchy.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:50 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto

yes

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 08:43 PM