KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME- Agent Intelligence Thread

USH'S MATRIX GAME- Agent Intelligence Thread
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Intercept Punch is one of their most dangerous moves, yes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 02:29 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm slightly relieved by the X factor of Agents' exertions. What would happen if I was confronted by an Agent and I fired four bursts with an M16? How many exertions would he get?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 02:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Depends on what you roll. You'll have to construct your own estimations of what a certain action will achieve- that is half the fun!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 02:32 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

awh....you described them as softer foes stick out tongue.....but damn....they're bloody hard to engage...guess i'll see that for myself sometime

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:52 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, I hope I didn't put them across as 'soft'. I tried to make out that they were not instant death.

Mind you, I was not planning to have one fight Burn- who is always in trouble against a Martial Artist as he found out in Training- and them Mors WITHOUT his sword- I didn't actually register that he didn't have it. Eeep!

The more you learn about Agents, the more ways to survive one you may find.

Incidentally, rules nuts should be able to extrapolate the Agent's Speed, and some very good observation should point you towards his MA and Guns values also.

As a reward foir surviving the mission, I am adding one note about Agen behaviour- Arrogance- and a couple of additions to Straight Punch, one of which should make you thankful you did not try and run the Agent over.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:55 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah, me without my sword, Fire without his Sword, Mors without his sword...not good at all...luckily, i realized i could take the SWAT guys and take their guns...but it was very good that i was helped, else i woulda been out a long time ago...anywho, back to the Agents...you said we should be happy that they did not try to run over the agent...hmmm, i can think of something in the line of *cough* brick wall *cough*...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:12 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I did actualy have my Katana with me smile

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:41 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

what?! where?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:45 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, he did as well...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:48 PM
Fire

With me in the mission, I never forget it

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:48 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

hehe,
agent speed has to be impossibly high,
because they allways act first
mine is 8 i think and thats reallly high
so im thinks 10 or sumting

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 11:04 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

well, i won't forget mine ever again...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 11:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by tptmanno1
hehe,
agent speed has to be impossibly high,
because they allways act first
mine is 8 i think and thats reallly high
so im thinks 10 or sumting

Your speed is 5!

Agents ALWAYS act before players, that is regardless of speed.

But they exert at the same rate you do, so you might want to check that out.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 1st, 2003 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 11:07 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

oops my bad
that what happens whe you dont check the thread!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 11:11 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

so, instead of having an incredible speed, they have something similar to "Haste"...?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 02:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

5 or 6 in speed then?

Also, would Pose possibly cost 2 or 1 SR points? Or nothing? I mean, it can't be that costly in combat...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 04:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The term for them going first is 'Agent Privilege', in the same way that the term that means you people always go before mundanes and such is called 'Player Privilege'. It's a result of their computerised timing and relfexes.

I cannot give you SR costs on guesses else you could just do it all in turn. I will say that the three Pose types have different costs.

What is your reasoning behind deciphering the speed, Rex? I'll tell you now that it is not 6. There are clues for this in Dallas' Agent lecture.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 12:47 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

ok, it seems to me, based on the hits by the agent on Mors, especially that final punch, that the Agent is at, probably a 6 in Strength, although i'm not exactly sure if i did that right...a 5 or a 6, i know, but which one, is hard to figure...he did 7 damge with a punch, which gives, i think, four damage above strength of Mors, which is, perhaps, a 6 in strength, but i don't know about MA...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 06:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It has been confirmed that their strength is 6.

That would make his basic hit on Mors do 1 damage for the punch, and 4 damage for the difference in strength, for five damage in total. That, of course, then goes up by one for each point he hit by.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 10:14 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

YES!!! i was RIGHT!!! WOOHOO!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2003 11:54 PM