KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Desert Island FIlms

Desert Island FIlms
Started by: leonglee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Ohhh King Jedi, I could of forgiven you for not liking Total Recall and Pulp Fiction and Titanic, but The Matrix!????? Oh my stars, you though it was boaring? With all that action and kewl special effects, and never before seen camera techniques, and that babealicious fox Carrie Ann Moss? Oh my, I just dont understand confused *Goes off to polish Matrix DVD* big grin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 08:37 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I can't wait till they come out with Matrix 2.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 07:24 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I saw the Matrix at the cinema and really liked it. But I liked it for what it was- a big dumb action film. It was boring in some places but enjoyable enough.

Then I heard someone say that it was the best movie ever made. I laughed.

Then someone said that the movie changed their lives and I thought "oh well, if you say so". (read amazon reveiws for comments like that).

But then someone said that it was the most original film ever made and since then I've grown to hate it. Even though I love sci-fi.

The stroy and characters are a complete rip-off, of "Dark City" and "Brazil".

The style is stolen straight from early Jon Woo and Manga films.

The script is one of the most cheesy and cliched I've ever read and the cast is second rate.

And the effects had been done before in Japan. Mainly for T.V ads. Because the west hadn't seen it before everyone assumed that it was the first time it had ever been done.

And are the effects really that good? They weren't as spectacular as everyone made out. I'm a bit fed up of seeing "cool gun fights". Give us something new!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 01:56 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

the films I dont want to see
1.Titanic
2.Matrix
3.Dick Tracy
4.Breathless
5.Four weddings and a funeral(make thet all Hugh Grant movies including Bridget Jones).

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 06:22 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

laughing out loud So I'm not alone then!

I would add Hugh Grants films to my list as well.

But I quite liked Dick Tracy. I loved seeing all those big serious actors make fools of themselves.

What is "Breathless"?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 07:19 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

No one likes the Matrix? confused That's OK, I'm sure you'll love Matrix Reloaded big grin

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 08:13 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

With that title - I think not. smile
But I'm sure there are more people who like it than don't.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 08:55 PM
LanceWindu

I'm pretty sure they are going to have to redo the Matrix 2 because actress and singer Aaliyah died last night and she star's in Matrix 2 as Zee. The film probably doesn't want a dead actress starring in their movie.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 09:08 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I thought she hadn't filmed her scenes yet?

Oliver Reed died during Gladiator but they kept him in.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 01:32 PM
Tex
Yumsz

King Jedi is right Lance, she never got a chance to film her roll before she died. I would hate to be her replacement. I would feel weird, having to fill a dead persons shoes. King Jedi, I cannot believe you are judging a movie solely on it's title. *Shakes finger at King Jedi* Shame on you! big grin

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 01:18 AM
KJ
Sausages

I know. I should know better than that. but the title doesn't excite me one bit.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 01:52 PM
LanceWindu

I guess MTV was wrong. They said that she already filmed her scenes. She has also filmed a movie where she is the queen of the vampires. Do you think that they are going to put that movie in theaters or is it going to be locked away in a vault?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 07:51 PM
KJ
Sausages

I would think that they'd release it.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 04:45 PM
FLIPMODE

My condolences goes out to Aaliyah's Family.

Yea i've heard 2 Reports that, Conflict each other. But then, I've heard that Matrix 2 has finished all shooting scenes months ago. So she may still be in the movie. Besides this is not the first time this has happened. More than Likely the film retains the actor who passed away, after all they did do the work.
Brandon Lee, Tupac. Only With them, they pretty much were the main characters, and it would be impossile to release the film, if they were taken out of the film. I believe they couls reshoot new scenes with the Character Zee, If they wanted to, But If it's allready done, they might leave it alone.

Also Im very upset with the Matrix Creators, for Kicking Actor Marcus Chong, off of the cast. He lived through Matrix 1, even Saved NEO's Life, and he's not in 2 OR 3?? That guy is a budding Superstar!!

5 Flims that I wont take to an island:

5-Jingle all the Way
4-Get Carter
3-Tomb Raider
2-Robin hood men in tights
1-Barton fink/Titanic

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 04:48 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The American Sylvester Stallone version of Get Carter or the British Micheal Caine one?

What did that actor get kicked out of the Matrix for?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 04:51 PM
FLIPMODE

The Sly stone Version.

And as for "Tank" he was simply and arrogantly not included in the next 2 movies, AND is not even explained what happened to him. According to their attitude, he was just an expendable half asian, half African American character, who just happened to be aboard the (nebechanezzer?), who just happens to be apart of a FEW group of people, who just HAPPEN to learn the truth about their world, and who just HAPPEN to help SAVE the world. Nothing important. roll eyes (sarcastic)

For what it's worth, they should have just Killed him in the First Movie, like ALL other movies do, with un-important characters.
But no, it seems our friend Marcus Chong, was just a pawn for the script, filling in the gaps, for the heartless writers carelessness.

Basically it comes down to this: If Tank died, with his brother, who would have Lived to save Trinity? Who then lives to save Neo. Sure, it was thoughtfull of them to "fill" a hole in the story, by making Tank live, through "Cyphers" attacks, BUT from that point on, the creators should have realized that they've just developed an Important Character in the storyline. Shame on them, for not following up in the slightest bit, on the character, and Double shame on them for Ditching the actor who played him.

But Never the Less, I still do really Like "The Matrix-1", and nothing can Change that. It was a VERY complete movie, compared to others in the genre. But I will hold my excitement for it as a SERIES, as I will just wait and see if they can even, equal, (not top) the quality of the first Matrix, with good Story, and Action.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 01:55 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't like the Matrix but I'm pleased that sci-fi and fantasy is sort of taking over again. With Matrix, AOTC, LotR, POTA, Terminator 3, JP3 all coming out it's great.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:24 PM
FLIPMODE

My minds drawing a blank here, whats AOTC?

I bet it's something simple too...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2001 07:39 PM
KJ
Sausages

Attack of the Clones. Star Wars2. big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 05:18 PM
leonglee

Films I definitely would not take with me on a desert island, that's a new one!

1) Scarface (The 80s one with Al Pacino, I think that must be the only bum film he has ever done)
2) Top Gun (Love the planes but hated everything else about this film. Looks like a Brylcream advert!)
3) Ace Ventura Pet Detective (I HATE Jim Carey)
4) Commando (Got to be Arnie's low point. Remember that scene where he is standing in the middle of the garden and hundreds of people are shooting at him but he walks out unscathed. He does however manage to pop quite a few bad guys in the process! Though I must have been 12 when the film came out I still couldn't stop laughing!)
5) Road trip (If I see another American High School teen flick I am going to scream!!!!)

I have just noticed that 3 of my 5 choices are from the 80s!!
That probably reflects my view that the 80s was a terrible decade for cinema and music. sad

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2001 07:43 PM
leonglee is currently offline Click here to Send leonglee a Private Message Find more posts by leonglee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote