KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Nirvana

Nirvana
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Nirvana

Man I love this band, they have the greatest songs.

Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, Rape Me, All Apologies, In Bloom, Lithium and then we got surprised with You Know You're Right.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 07:41 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Nirvana (along with Limp Bizkit and RHCP) are one of my all time favs, they were a true stepping stone in the grunge movement and Kurt Cobain is a true rock icon who's influential ways have inspired a number of todays rock stars. But what most people forget is the Nirvana was not just Kurt but also Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl without Krist and Dave Nirvana would have not been the band we know today.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:13 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

I've never understood the craze on Nirvana! They always seemed like a fashion band to me!

Their music is hardly mind-blowing!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 21st, 2003 08:28 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I love Nirvana...but the only reason they and Kurt are so respected is that they died during their absolute high. If Kurt had lived I'm sure Nirvana would have faded into oblivion like The Pumpkins.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 04:24 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

i just now (well a few days ago) have gotten into them... LONG LIVE KURT!

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 04:25 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

He was worm food years ago, he's all bones now!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 05:15 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Killer
Glampire

he was krematted (sp?) buddy...

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=synth107etic

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 05:44 AM
Killer is currently offline Click here to Send Killer a Private Message Find more posts by Killer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RIO
Crystal Baller

i read the book 'heavier than heaven.' and after reading it, i was able to appreciate cobain as an artist and understand his life a bit better. the reason i read the book and other things on him in the first place...was because i could never stand nirvana's music other than the song, 'heart-shaped box.' he was a brilliant artist (as far as his mind) but i don't think he's that great of a guitar player (#12 on rolling stone's greatest???um...no) but i really like the band name, NIRVANA..and i payed more attention to the lyrics and what they stood for in those moments of his life. still, i don't dig all the songs very much, but i am mostly intrigued by cobain's life.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 06:49 AM
RIO is currently offline Click here to Send RIO a Private Message Find more posts by RIO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

One of my favorite bands ever...............

If you havn't heard it, check out the song Curmudgeon.......it's the B-side on the Lithium single. ......so odd it's great.

a fashion band? Are you f------ kidding me? You must not have been into the music scene 12-13 years ago........I'm guessing you're a teenager who grew up when rap began domination the music scene. Talk about fashion bands.......I never saw them selling anything but t-shirts..........no Rocca Wear, No Limit clothing, Sean John, Wu-Tang, Ruff Riders......nothing like that. They weren't a sell out whores. That is the reason Kurt offed himself. The world wanted them to be some big, famous, ultra-hip rock band........and he was just into having fun playing gigs with the guys.

As for Kris and Dave......yes, they had alot to do with the music......ofcourse so did the other 10 (yes ten) former band members of Nivana (total of 13)........alot of the songs were written in the eighties. Bleach is still my favorite album and Dave wasn't even a member of the band. Chad Channing held the drums down pretty well on that album.

Last edited by julibug on Oct 28th, 2003 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 01:16 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

All I know is that my husband teaches guitar, and just about every other student that comes in wants to learn to play Nirvana. I think they are just as loved now as they were 12 years ago!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 02:51 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
Originally posted by Killer
he was krematted (sp?) buddy...

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2003 04:30 PM
Bad Boy
Kevski

There too basic for me!!!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 06:47 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

cremated

Kurt Cobain was cremated, and his ashes were scattered in the Wishka (Sp?) river that runs through Seattle.

"Where Did You Sleep Last Night"/ "Jesus Don't Want Me for a Sunbeam"...my current two favorite Nirvana songs off the Live: Unplugged in New York CD. I yanked it out from my cd case a couple weeks ago and it still hasn't left my cd player.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 08:06 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd
Your Highness,I'm so high

where did you sleep last night?/rape me... are probably my fave Nirvana songs.....

but if another person tries to tell me they started Grunge or they were the most influential band behind it Im gonna scream. Yes they were pretty influential; probably to the more erm younger generation but a avid grunge fan tends to dislike Nirvana..... well its something Ive noticed.

But Kurt never wanted the amount of fans and publicity he recieved. sad He was just as happy performing infront of a hundred people as he was of thousands of people, thats why I probably respect him as an artist.

"Everyone plays the Hand they're dealt with, and Learns to walk through life, themselves not everything is handed on a plate, When people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do...I sold my soul to get here; how bout you?"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:11 AM
Difrycheulyd is currently offline Click here to Send Difrycheulyd a Private Message Find more posts by Difrycheulyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I've never met anybody who claimed to be a "grunge" fan. "grunge" is a word created by the media to describe rock n roll bands who were not the standard pop metal bands of the day. Anybody who says they are a "grunge" fan is obviously a poser.........most fans of Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins,etc. will tell you they are rock n roll fans. I guess you had to be around the music scene at the time........you won't find many articles on the internet about the subject.

My favorite song off the MTV Unplugged session is The Man who sold the World.............great, great, great cover..........even if Kurt did mess the lyrics up.

real lyrics:
"a gazed a gazeless stare......at all the millions there I must have died alone....a long long time ago"

wrong lyrics on album:
"a gazed a glazeless stare....we walked a million years I must have died alone....a long long time ago"...........

He did that on a couple of the cover songs as he was reading the lyrics off of the piece of paper on the stand in front of him.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:19 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Mudhoney did like a cameo in Black Sheep for about a minute lol. Then Chris Farley yelled kill whitey

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:23 AM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Kurt Cobain and the rest of Nirvana actually originated from where I am from. I have actually been to where Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love once lived, and my father went to Kurt Cobain's memorial service down in Seattle when he died.
I love a lot of their music, I would have to say that their Unplugged in New York Special was one of my favorite things they ever did.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:26 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah Kurt kicked ass with All Apologies there and yeah Nirvana originated from Seattle.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:01 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I liked Pennyroyal Tea and The Man Who Sold the World the best I think

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:50 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I always thought Nirvana was over rated.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote