KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Nirvana

Nirvana
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Well I do think they are slightly overrated, but I still the think they rock rock

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:03 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I like Nirvana, good band

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 05:14 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

4 chords, simple rhythms....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:57 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Difrycheulyd
Your Highness,I'm so high

haven't you heard kurt cobain was one of the greatest guitarists ever? roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Everyone plays the Hand they're dealt with, and Learns to walk through life, themselves not everything is handed on a plate, When people think your words are true, it doesn't matter what you do...I sold my soul to get here; how bout you?"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:05 PM
Difrycheulyd is currently offline Click here to Send Difrycheulyd a Private Message Find more posts by Difrycheulyd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Yeah I did hear that! Nearly choked at the same time!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:16 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

Although I have the utmost respect for Kurt, he is not one of the greatest guitarists of all time. However as far as the " 4 chords...zzzzzzzz" comment goes.... He wasn't playing to be flashy or famous, he was playing because it was what he loved, and he wanted other people to enjoy it too. It was the simplicity in the melodies that made the songs so great to listen to and learn to play.

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 06:28 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

I understand your point and accept it! Yeah it was kinda unfair for me to say so. I just like my music to be musically imaginative and complex.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:34 PM
diegocala
Replicant

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Boy
4 chords, simple rhythms....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
And all heart

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:48 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Now, see - this is a civilized discussion amongst people of different opinions. Bravo!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:06 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

ok, Nirvana were a great band. But they weren't THE best. I don't believe they would be as famous today if Kur hadn't killed himself/was murdered. I jsut get annoyed with them winning all these "greatest" band things in magazines and on MTV or whatever......

now i'm gooing to get hate mail :$

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:23 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Bleach is the best album ever(please log in to view the image)

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 11:13 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thing_1
Freak

Nirvana is a great band.Silver and Heart-Shaped Box are 2 of my favorite songs.Kurt put all of his heart into his music and that's what made his songs so great.I must admit,though,if Kurt hadn't killed himself I probably would be listening to them now or know who they were.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 01:54 AM
Thing_1 is currently offline Click here to Send Thing_1 a Private Message Find more posts by Thing_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Sooo, how many of you remember what you were doing when you heard about Kurt's suicide? I was sitting at my desk at my boring job at a hardwood floor showroom about to fall asleep from boredom when the guy on the radio came on with the breaking news. (Of course, I also remember where I was when they announced Elvis' death...)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 02:20 AM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thing_1
Freak

I was 5 or 6 so I don't really remember

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 03:48 AM
Thing_1 is currently offline Click here to Send Thing_1 a Private Message Find more posts by Thing_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Ofcourse Nirvana was one of the best bands ever........how anybody can dispute this I'll never understand.

Name another band who changed the music industry.........had so many different types of fans that a new genre had to be created to describe their music. They were punk.......they were rock.......they were folk....they were metal.......they were hard rock.........they were Nirvana.

Who else has done this? The Who? no........Led Zeppin? no........The Beatles?.....yes........The Doors? no..............

I challenge anybody to name another band who has done this. Being alone in a category with the Beatles is not a bad place to be........

The only people I've talked to who dispute Nirvana being one of the best bands ever or who think they are over rated are kids. Kids who were not around when Nirvana was. Kids who were in Kindergarten at the time who are now listening to Nelly, 50 Cent, and N'SYNC. No respect for the past I say.............let me guess......Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash are all over rated to.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 01:09 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Ofcourse Nirvana was one of the best bands ever........how anybody can dispute this I'll never understand.

Name another band who changed the music industry.........had so many different types of fans that a new genre had to be created to describe their music. They were punk.......they were rock.......they were folk....they were metal.......they were hard rock.........they were Nirvana.

Who else has done this? The Who? no........Led Zeppin? no........The Beatles?.....yes........The Doors? no..............

I challenge anybody to name another band who has done this. Being alone in a category with the Beatles is not a bad place to be........

The only people I've talked to who dispute Nirvana being one of the best bands ever or who think they are over rated are kids. Kids who were not around when Nirvana was. Kids who were in Kindergarten at the time who are now listening to Nelly, 50 Cent, and N'SYNC. No respect for the past I say.............let me guess......Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash are all over rated to.

that's a little unfair. i just don't think they were a really great live band or would have been as famous if not for Kurt's death. And maybe i was in kindergarten at the time he died and i don't agree with you but i don't listen to awful music - nelly, 50 cent, and n'sync. i personally can't stand it.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 05:51 PM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thing_1
Freak

I was in Kindergarten and I don't listen to any of the people u just named off cuz they're all fake and shallow or at least that's what I think.I love nirvana and Johnny cash and I'm only 14

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 08:21 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

nirvana kicked ass but kirt cobaine comited suicide was just the let down of every teenager in the 90's

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 09:18 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

agreed............it was a great disapointment to an entire generation. There is however dispute over whether he actually committed suicide or not. Some of the "evidence" that he didn't commit suicide is as follows:

- Had an ungodly ammount of heroin in his system.......enough kill an entire herd of cattle seconds after injecting them.

- no fingerprints on the trigger of the shotgun (really odd that somebody would be worried about leaving their fingerprint on the trigger while killing themself)

- A man who played in some band (can't recall his or the band's name....he was interviewed on the documentary "Kurt and Courtney") said that Courtney Love had contacted him to kill Kurt Cobain. The man died two weeks later.......was hit by a train. Seems like somebody would get off of the tracks when they heard the whistle blowing unless they were unable.

- Kurt's "suicide note" mentions nothing of suicide untill the last paragraph..........which was written in different ink than the rest of the letter and experts have said the handwriting was also not the same handwriting the rest of the letter was written in.

- Kurt's friends say that he was getting ready to divorce Courtney Love.......she was too over bearing and was keeping him addicted to heroin......so he was getting away from her.

ofcourse he had also taken an overdose of pills a few weeks earlier........was this an earlier attempt at suicide or just an accident?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 01:20 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Led Zepplin blow Nirvana away!!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 03:04 PM