KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Q&A / FAQ

Q&A / FAQ
Started by: kohl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (52): « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
apocalyptic

Hello just a few questions that need answering and heads up I do go on a bit lol. Is it just me or is professor xavier weak in the x-men cartoons, in a few episodes some characters attack and he does nothing, i.e. in episode beyond good and evil sinister stuns him, sentinels attack him in episode courage, shadow king owns him in episode xavier remembers (he requires jeans help), proteus attacks him, and in the evolution series magneto kidnaps him, apocalypse attacks him and storm tries to defend him, xavier does nothing (episode ascension ), somehow mystique knocks him out and leaves him in a stasis chamber or something like that (episode stuff of heroes), I know he is a portrayed as a non violent person but he needs to defend himself I mean in the comics he defeats sentinels whilst stopping storm, he turns mutants powers against themselves well he did turn magnetos powers against himself, mentally stuns juggernaught, amplifies his teams powers, goes up against higher beings, prevent mutants from using their power, he has telekinetic powers, the only time I can think of when he uses offensive power is when he attacks magneto in episode deadly reunions, also If he is one of the top telepaths why does he rely so much on cerebro and in the evolution series he couldn’t even help jean in episode power surge.

In the cartoon we always see the x-men go up against apocalypse, magneto, sinister and their teams why can’t we see the villains and their leaders go up against Xavier alone (he cud put up a good battle). Shouldn’t Xavier have DNA duplication, accelerated healing factor, Intangibility, Shape shifting the same powers as Cassandra nova has ( question - what is dna duplication, does that mean she can copy peoples dna and their powers) or why does he not have the same powers as nate grey or jean if so he wud be even more powerful. Would love to see an episode where just the most powerful mutants and or their teams fight against each other i.e. apocalypse, sinister, magneto, spiral (didn’t know she was so powerful), Cassandra nova, shadow king, legion, exodus, nemesis, cable, stryfe, Vulcan etc, these battles would be awesome.

Just thinking to myself that some of the characters in x-men have the potential to be uber powerful such as mystique, I mean she could morph into dragons, dinosaurs and made up creature like beast boy from teen titans and meggan from x-men, also maybe she cud turn her body into a liquid state like she did in x-men evolution (though apocalypse did amplify her powers), or morph parts of her body into weapons, heighten her senses i.e. maybe change small parts of her body to gain all the physical abilities and characteristics of said animal, such as great strength (a gorilla) speed (a cheetah), and durability (a turtle), and abilities such as flight (various birds), and aquatic breathing (various fish), maybe she could have thick rhino or dinosaur skin to protect her self from attacks (could be her version of a force field ), spit poison, or shoot hairs off her body like a tarantula but make it more deadly (like spyke or marrow) or maybe she could do more than one thing at once such as change her hand into a sword and the other arm into a snake, her back cud turn into a something like the sting of a scorpion and at the same time turn the whole of her body into Porcupine quills so no one can physically touch her, morph into bigger and different sizes like apocalypse the list is endless and maybe storm could turn into the wind like Eligos in ghost rider or turn into water like hydro man, (can storm control the elements fire etc if not which mutant can) or be as powerful as she was in x-men evolution episode ascension (once again apocalypse amplified her, magneto, Xavier and mystiques powers) yeah I know this is a huge exaggeration but nonetheless would be brilliant to see, also they should implement what they can do in the comics into the cartoons i.e. magneto being able to control iron in blood, or telekinetics stopping heartbeats or even going beyond their powers such as Xavier opening wormholes etc wud be interesting.

Also what is apocalypse original power is it just being immortal if so bit rubbish I mean he wud have no offensive powers, considering he was one of the first mutants he should be extraordinary and powerful, I mean the powers he has now should be his own and not siphoned from other mutants because of his celestial technology any feel so much better now that I got that off my chest and hope I make sense its now half 2 in the morning lol.
See how powerful Xavier is portrayed in the comics link is below.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 01:35 AM
apocalyptic is currently offline Click here to Send apocalyptic a Private Message Find more posts by apocalyptic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

OMG!

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 11:17 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

don't OMG no

who's gonna answer this?

by Scythe

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 12:20 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

quote: (post)
11194207]Originally posted by apocalyptic
Hello just a few questions that need answering and heads up I do go on a bit lol. Is it just me or is professor xavier weak in the x-men cartoons, in a few episodes some characters attack and he does nothing, i.e. in episode beyond good and evil sinister stuns him, sentinels attack him in episode courage, shadow king owns him in episode xavier remembers (he requires jeans help), proteus attacks him, and in the evolution series magneto kidnaps him, apocalypse attacks him and storm tries to defend him, xavier does nothing (episode ascension ), somehow mystique knocks him out and leaves him in a stasis chamber or something like that (episode stuff of heroes), I know he is a portrayed as a non violent person but he needs to defend himself I mean in the comics he defeats sentinels whilst stopping storm, he turns mutants powers against themselves well he did turn magnetos powers against himself, mentally stuns juggernaught, amplifies his teams powers, goes up against higher beings, prevent mutants from using their power, he has telekinetic powers, the only time I can think of when he uses offensive power is when he attacks magneto in episode deadly reunions, also If he is one of the top telepaths why does he rely so much on cerebro and in the evolution series he couldn’t even help jean in episode power surge.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

About 3:00am but if you check back tomorrow i may have some more in stock.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 02:25 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I haven't picked up any X-Men for awhile...soo my question is can anyone point me to any new X-Men comics that would be easy for me to jump into???? Pm me or answer me on here...Pms might be best though

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 10:25 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Astonishing X-Men, which is whedon's run... that would be my #1 recommendation.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 10:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Raoul

alrighty thanx!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 01:13 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Who's Samantha Summers?!?!?! eek!

I was reading an Exiles... well, here's where I got it from:

New Exiles #16
Spoilers: Cat and Mystiq merge bodies to take on Madame Hydra. Meanwhile Lilandra proves herself to be a better fighter than Morph. Nerimani comes to rescue him and fight her sister. Not so far away Rogue surprises Samantha Summers from the Death Commandos and kill her. Rogue reveals to Colyn (a Son of Iron Saurion) that her hands absorb other's abilities and memories, bits of their souls, a portion of it stays with her forever. Colyn offers Rogue his armor to protect her and they flirt. Nerimani passes out, so Gambit takes on Lilandra. Cat leaves Mystiq's body and phases trough Madame Hydra removing her main artery and killing her.

I tried looking for her with no results

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 28th, 2009 12:40 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 05:01 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Raoul

i read that.. great series..

Originally posted by Paola
Who's Samantha Summers?!?!?! eek!

I was reading an Exiles... well, here's where I got it from:

New Exiles #16
Spoilers: Cat and Mystiq merge bodies to take on Madame Hydra. Meanwhile Lilandra proves herself to be a better fighter than Morph. Nerimani comes to rescue him and fight her sister. Not so far away Rogue surprises Samantha Summers from the Death Commandos and kill her. Rogue reveals to Colyn (a Son of Iron Saurion) that her hands absorb other's abilities and memories, bits of their souls, a portion of it stays with her forever. Colyn offers Rogue his armor to protect her and they flirt. Nerimani passes out, so Gambit takes on Lilandra. Cat leaves Mystiq's body and phases trough Madame Hydra removing her main artery and killing her.

I tried looking for her with no results

maybe she is in a small panel?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 08:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

I think I found something on her... but still nothing on who her parents are or where she came from no

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 09:08 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think I found something on her... but still nothing on who her parents are or where she came from no

will you post it?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2009 06:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Sure! big grin

Here:

(please log in to view the image)

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 06:07 AM
Paola
Ronin

my bets are Jean Grey & Scott Summers for her parents erm what you say?

by Scythe

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 06:12 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

my bets are Jean Grey & Scott Summers for her parents erm what you say?

I agree, Jean and Scott are undoubtedly her parents unless Marvel does something stupid and have her parents be others

Old Post Apr 30th, 2009 06:59 PM
Paola
Ronin

then her parents will be others... no

by Scythe

Old Post May 1st, 2009 04:55 AM
Shadow_King
-

I am confused about issue 509 of Uncanny X-men, who are they resurecting??

Old Post May 2nd, 2009 02:51 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Betsy Braddocks body they are resurrecting! eek!

Or am I wrong? Bruce?

by Scythe

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 04:10 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I agree, Jean and Scott are undoubtedly her parents unless Marvel does something stupid and have her parents be others

Yeah... Either way, that was an awesome display of power she had going in that scan/panel. thumb up

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 05:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Betsy Braddocks body they are resurrecting! eek!

Or am I wrong? Bruce?

you 're right Paola, Betsy is being ressurected..

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah... Either way, that was an awesome display of power she had going in that scan/panel. thumb up

yes it was

Old Post May 3rd, 2009 08:44 AM