KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne

Oh man, I just got this today, and while I may already be on Part 3, Chapter 1 indicating that it is a very short game, it is still as kick ass as the original. It's been given the title 'A Film Noir Love Story' which it easily is. The music, actions, graphics, voices, story are all top notch. They may have changed how the characters look, but they've kept the original voices (well from those who survived anyway). To really understand the plot you have got to have played the first game, but if you can't be bothered going to buy that then there is a 2-min graphic novel outlining the events. An improvement from the original is the bullet time. Not only can you shoot-dodge and go into bullet time, but thanks to bullet time 2.0 the more bad guys you kill the faster you go, the slower the enimies go and the yellower the bullet time goes. You also get to play as the lovely Mona Sax, who you'll understand why she's in while you progress in the story. Over all I'ld give this game 93%

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 05:02 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I almost bought this the other day, but i decided to wait for Call of Duty.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 09:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Damn, that was short. OK its shorter and easier than MP1 but it's still cool, especially with this survival mode. evil face But the ending was very sad sad

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:22 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

I've seen my friend play the start of the 1st where these guys break-in or something and kill his baby and his wife. what is the sad bit please tell me PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 10:28 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

well it's sadder than that but I'm not going to say...yet. One of the things that makes it so sad is the way that he says his lines

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 05:12 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Oh just found out there's a secret 'true' ending by completing the game on its hardest difficulty.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:54 PM
SiriusBlackRIP

This game is so much fun because of the HAVOC physics engine it uses, the people you shoot die really cool. I have completed it on DOA, but man it is hard. I just keep quickloading it to try new and cooler ways of making people die. LOL

'The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. There is a lot of denial in this ride, the ride, in fact, is made up of denial. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people. Ha ha "Shut him up." "We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.' - the late prophet Bill Hicks.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:46 PM
SiriusBlackRIP is currently offline Click here to Send SiriusBlackRIP a Private Message Find more posts by SiriusBlackRIP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

What's ending 2 like? Happy or still sad?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 07:25 PM
soleks

I'm not sure whether to buy mp2 or kill switch. any suggestions?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2003 08:32 PM
soleks is currently offline Click here to Send soleks a Private Message Find more posts by soleks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
worldindustries

I've beaten the first max payne twice now I want to get max payne 2 the fall of max payne I'll beat that to I hope there isn't any mazes in this on I hated those mazes.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 02:23 PM
worldindustries is currently offline Click here to Send worldindustries a Private Message Find more posts by worldindustries Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

i like max payne 2 but i have call of duty also so im mixin it up a bit

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 03:51 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote