KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...

The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...

I was wondering why Obi Wan didn't use Force-Speed to run through the shuttering laser blinds that held him back from assisting Qui Gon?

If he had then he could have saved his masters life.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

this was already answered a while ago on starwars.com, it was explained as something like OB-1 was alreadt tired and somesort

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 05:37 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hmmm, but not too tired to leap from the lower platform to the upper.

Just to tired to assist his master, not buying that one...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I always hoped that Obi-Wan would make it past the forcefield but everytime he doesn't.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 07:51 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Even if you fastforward it, he doesn'tlaughing out loud laughing out loud
Well, that was the explanation of the jediconsil of starwars.com
so you HAVE to buy it

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 09:31 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They can actually be wrong, but what they say is normally a good indication.

It;s not unreasonable that he used a lot of his strength to make that jump and was not strong enough to speed through the gates. After all, he WOULD have done if he could.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

But would he? I would have thought he'd have to be terribly exausted to do so.

Why do we have to buy it yerssot? It's hardly canon now is it...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 10:16 PM
yerssot

Wel, it is the only +/- official answer we have.
You must know that QGJ swet like a horse for a 5 minute battle with Maul, what must that give with Dual Of The Fates?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 10:04 AM
Ratcat

Hmmm, I suppose so, but I stil don't like it.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 11:07 AM
KJ
Sausages

I always thought it was too dangerous for him to use it.

At the start of TPM Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon use it to escape. They are running away from danger. But if Obi-Wan had used it in the battle then he would have been heading straight into danger i.e Maul, at an incredible speed. It wouldn't have been hard for Maul to kill him.

Plus there was that great pit which he could have easily gone over. Then there was the energy gates which could have killed him if they shut at the wrong time.

And Jedi are only supposed to use the force for defence, not attack.

I think it's just a case of knowing when it's safe to use it. Neither Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan used it in the swamps when they were trying to escape the battle droids, probably because they didn't know where they were going.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 02:50 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Now THAT I can buy!!! Thanks KJ.smile

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 03:15 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

in support of kj's response the starwars.com response was that the force rush was to innacuarte to use in such a confined space, particularly with the pit and shields etc. apart from this film has the force rush been used anywhere else, can't think of anywhere.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 04:19 PM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

No, we only saw it that ine time in the escape from the Droidekas

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 04:22 PM
KJ
Sausages

For what it's worth, I didn't really like the Force-Speed thing.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 04:40 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Because they did it only one time, you don't know enough about it

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 04:21 PM
KJ
Sausages

No, because it seemed "cheesy" (a word I'm getting fed up of).

It was more comic superhero than Star Wars.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 04:55 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

I always liked it for the SNES in ESB when Luke can use the force to fly. big grin But then they took it out for ROTJ! mad

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:09 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't really like Jedi having superpowers.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2001 04:22 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Really? I actually think that they are not powerful enough. I wanted it to take a little more than maybe 15 guys firing lasers at a Jedi at once to take him out (prophesizing for AOTC).

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2001 07:50 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I don't know why I don't like it. It just seems too "X-men". I'd rather they were just great with a lightsabre.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2001 07:36 PM