KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...

The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

I all of those Force powers. They add more depth to the story.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2001 08:13 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I just thought they were too flashy.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2001 08:54 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think they are just fine so long as they are used in moderation. Right now they are still distinct from superhero powers because they aren't using their flashier powers every second of every day; they are obviously not casual things.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 24th, 2001 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

It raises more questions than answers though.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 05:31 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think it is ok to leave some thing like that in an uncertain area. We know they have powers; we know they can't use them all the time; that's all we need for the films.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 25th, 2001 11:33 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Moderation is the best way to go for the next 2 movies.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 09:32 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

And it takes away some of the passiveness of the Jedi. They don't use the force to attack but they spent ages mastering these combat techniques.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 08:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

THat is a seperate syndrome. I don;t you should take that line from Yoda so literally. He means they never use the Force in an overtly aggressive way; seriously dangerous combat abilities are obviously part of basic Jedi life.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 26th, 2001 10:25 PM
LanceWindu

If the Jedi DID use the force in an overly aggresive way then they would be tempted by the Dark Side.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 07:39 AM
KJ
Sausages

Jedi don't use the force to attack.

And they are still spending years and years mastering all these techniques.

Jedi are a contradiction anyway. They are passive and hippyish but they all carry the most lethal weapon around. You can understand that it's for defense but they don't need all these superpowers as well.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 02:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I rather think they do actually., Without them they cannot defend the Galaxy as is their job. I think it;s part of their basic point. Merely aqn evolution of the Knight in Shining Armour.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 27th, 2001 10:27 PM
LanceWindu

I think the Force and the Super-powers are a package deal.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:45 AM
KJ
Sausages

Well I don't like it. With all these powers you wonder how any of them could have been killed in the Clone Wars.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 04:29 PM
yerssot

How are you going to defence yourself?
It is the most leathal weapon around but it is because they and no-one else use that weapon, it is their trademark, Annakin saw directly that QGJ was a Jedi

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 05:46 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Exactly. No need for superpowers then. And I'm really talking about AOTC stuff like Mace making his saber move with his mind and killing lots of people with it. Just use your hands!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:00 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

How would you prefer for them to be? Just knights with "laserswords?"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:08 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey, ithat Windu thing isn't confirmed. Besides, even if it is in, once you accept you have to fight then surely you need to know how to fight as hard as you can with the tools you have available? Othwrwise you may as well not bother.

Quite how the Jedi are wiped out IS an intriguing prospect...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 07:30 PM
yerssot

That sounds like a book in the eu: the crystal star, does anyone confirmes?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 08:06 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Once I read Crystal Star I'll get back to you.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 11:55 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

I have a problem with the jedi only use their powers for defense, not attack, at the end of tpm it looked like ob1 and qgj were doing all the attacking while Maul was doing all the defending, in esb, Luke strikes Vader first I think and Luke tries to strike down the emperoer in rotj, perhaps its the Sith who use the force as defense, they're the ones always being attacked.

It seems to me to be a case of the best form of defense is to attack!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 11:50 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote