KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...

The Jedi/Maul battle - Why didn't Obi Wan use...
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

starwars.com sucks

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 04:27 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 08:16 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: does it even matter

quote:
Originally posted by FireMaster
that's an open question for us, and I like it to be an open question it allows you to think further on what the movies do
I thought that was what we were doing by discussing it.

We could all set around thinking about it on our own but it is much more fun to discuss it as a group, get other peoples point of view.

quote:
if you ask ppl to explain the star wars saga as they say it you will always have different stories why? because star wars has these kind of open questions that allow you to make up your own opinion about things
And it is great to be able to share and discuss those opinions with others.

quote:
still you don't have to assume too much or crazy things yet still
I think it's cool to assume these things and drop it unless someone comes up with anwser that we all can except, which imo will never happen, we will always look at it in different ways and that's good

remember that the star wars saga is one of the best ferrie tails ever written (atleast imo) so quit it plz
Why bother having a discussion forum then? We come together to discuss Star Wars. You are of course entitled to your opinion, however the comments you make above are yours, let others express theres. IMHO-OC.....

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 09:03 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

No one`s gonna choose my opinion but me. So forums are healthy things, thank s for the opportunity to think for one self.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 09:10 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Exactly!

Now, are we getting back on topic or are we putting this one to bed?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

we are still ontopic; I thought.
There was an explaneation on sw.com and than To said that it sucked and Rat replied to something Fire said...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 01:39 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

The explanation at sw.com didn't make any sense. The reasons I and a few others gave were mutch better.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 03:05 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

from your point of view...

and what were they? I can't remember them actually

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 03:49 PM
KJ
Sausages

Read the beginning of the thread.
Obi-Wan didn't use it because it was too dangerous. He'd be running straight into either the doors,the pit or even worse- Maul.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 03:54 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I am to lazy... evil face
BUT if you look at his face you see he swet like hell, so being tired is still good

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 04:46 PM
Ratcat

That's probably the best reason I've hjeard ever KJ, nice...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 09:43 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't see what's wrong with the SW.com theory. And Jedi have perfect timing; I think Obi-Wan would have been safe enough.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

That was my original point, but they had been battling for a while, Obi-Wan was breathing hard. Perhaps he didn't feel confident enough to make the charge, and it probably cost the life of his master...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 10:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, a mix of all of it then, I suppose. Hindsight is always a good judge, of course!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 25th, 2001 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

with the normal running he could stop whitin a metre...
AND he saw the beams allready, so he could stop in time...
why not with the Force-speed?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2001 07:09 AM
KJ
Sausages

No he couldn't. Watch the scene again. When the doors close he almost slides across the floor because he's trying so hard to stop.
There is NO WAY he could use the force speed and then stop in time for either the doors or the pit. He barely manages to stop as it is.

But more importantly there is Maul. Jedi have good reflexes but so have Sith. Obi-Wan would be running straight into a lightsabre fight which probably isn't the smartest move. When Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon use the force speed on the ship they are running AWAY from danger. Not straight into it.

Another question is, why didn't Qui-Gon use it when he landed on Naboo to get away from the droid tanks? The only reason I've heard that's beleivable is that he didn't know where he was going and he was on dangerous ground. He had to step carefully because he was running trough a swamp.

So basically the force-speed is good to get away from danger but not to run into it.

The "Obi-Wan was too tired" idea doesn't work because he still managed to defeat Maul and during that fight he was doing summersaults and jumped out of the pit.

But this is one of the reasons I didn't like the new Jedi powers.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 06:04 PM
yerssot

there are things you can do to stop quickly: smacking in the wall for one...

The reason QGJ didn't used it while being chased by the tanks was because he didn't saw what was on the ground and he had to evade the trees and stuff.

If you look at him he looks angry, which gave him the strength to kill him

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 06:29 PM
KJ
Sausages

That's exactly what I'm saying. Qui-Gon didn't use it because it was too dangerous and that's the same reason Obi-Wan didn't use it.

You think he should have ran into the wall to stop himself? confused

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 06:55 PM
yerssot

that's one way to stop running, I mean, he is a Jedi and he should also now how to stop in the right way

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 07:09 PM
KJ
Sausages

mmm.....you should crash into an energy door to stop yourself from running. That makes sense! eek! It's getting silly.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2001 07:26 PM