KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » star wars game on nintendo gamecube

star wars game on nintendo gamecube
Started by: mah

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

well if you think that's n64 graphics you couldn't have seen the right pictures, or you're a total nutcase, cause those graphics are as far away from rogue squadron as possible, they're spot-on perfect, picture-quality, far better than the grumpy old PS2.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 04:09 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Talk about a nutcase roll eyes (sarcastic)

So far X Box, PS2 and Gamecube are all classified as 128bit, but PS2 has far greater 2D/3D acceleration that kicks XBox and GameCubes ass!!!!!!! That's why I'm getting it, besides Nintendo makes sorry games roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

it is a solid FACT that gamecube and xbox have better graphics than PS2.
and:

1: nintendo makes the best games around (zelda)
2: rogue leader is not made by nintendo.

go to videogames.com, read the review for rogue leader.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:23 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Gamecube does not have better graphics then PS2. On the Nintendo webpage, they sate that GameCube graphics come close to PS2 but dont match them

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

that is big BS. give me the adress.

Gamecube have or will have:

the lowest price
new zelda, new mario
perfect dark zero
exclusive rights to Resident Evil
great games like wave race, super smash brothers melee, eternal darkness, starfox: dinosair planet, XGIII, plus the ordinarys like Tony Hawks 3
Exclusive Star Wars Rogue Squadron II : Rogue Leader, where you can play as luke in drop-dead-gorgeus graphics

and last but not least: Super Monkey Ball stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:33 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I dont have the exact page, I read about it when the GameCube was presented over the summer.

I dont know where your getting this from, but dont you realize that it is cheaper because it's crapier?

Talk to anyone who knows what they are talking about, and they will tell you that GameCube has the worst graphics compared to PS2 and X-Box roll eyes (sarcastic)

You must work for Nintendo or Something stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 08:48 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Damnit Mah, now I'm worried! I went searching to prove you wrong, and it appears that GameCube has superior environments compared to PS2. But I still think that overall GameCube stinks! Do you have one? big grin

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 09:08 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

clearly you haven't put much time into investigating this.

the gamecube is cheaper because it's a pure gaming machine, no DVD, which is good, as I have a DVD player. the xbox and PS2 have medium-quality DVD-players, which makes them expensive.

the PS2 is almost two years old, having not as good graphics as gamecube. this IS true. look at every gaming site or gaming mag.

as I read about every console-gaming mag, and visit ign.com gamesradar.com and videogames.com every day, I am very updated on gaming news and have a bit of knowledge about it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 09:11 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Well hell, now I'm screwed!!!!!
What about x-Box? What have you heard about that?

Do you have a GameCube?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 09:15 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I don't have a gamecube, it's not out in Europe, but I have tested it.

xbox is even a tad more powerful than gamecube, but I'm not to happy:
microsoft, who has made it, have used a computer-sort of machine, which freezes and locks up now and then

the games are mainly games that will also come out on PC, there are no games that has caught my eye so far, with an exception of the shooter 'Halo', but that'll also come out on PC.

it's as big as a video-player ( about 4 times bigger than gamecube)

its expensive ( and I don't want to pay extra for a DVD-player, which I've got)

but as I said the games are my reason for buying a gamecube. smile

Last edited by mah on Dec 3rd, 2001 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 09:27 PM
Tex
Yumsz

sorry woosy games roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2001 10:06 PM
Julie
The Student

I think Obi wan looks like a good game. x box is expensive, but a lot of game systems cost big $$.

I'm confused now...so which is the best system? x box Ps2 or gamecube???

Last edited by Julie on Dec 4th, 2001 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2001 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I'm confused too.
I think they all have aspects that make them better/worse then the competition. You just have to look at which one suits you.
They are really expensive. I remember the good ole days when it was outrageous for a system to be over $200!
Now X-Box is $500
PS2 $400
and Gamecube $300 I mean, hello people! We are in a recession!
sad sad sad

Old Post Dec 5th, 2001 03:51 AM
Julie
The Student

Wow I thought the x box was only $300.

$500 is a lot of money.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

It was $500 at the Virgin Megastore I went too
$500 on the internet too sad

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 01:53 AM
Julie
The Student

Yikes...I don't know if I'm willing to part with that kind of cash. I mean I'm off to college in a year and then I'll really be strapped for cash. $500....oh the injustice.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2001 09:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Gamecube was only $200, not $300, unless you went to a store that jacked up the price for more money.

Rogue Leader is the BOMB! You pilot cool ships, play cool missions, get rad upgrades, and all that fun stuff.
The ships you can control in the game:
X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Airspeeder (Snowspeeder), Millennium Falcon, TIE Fighter, TIE Advanced (Darth's TIE), and Slave I. You can even pick up different ships during gameplay, namely the Bespin Cloud Car and the Imperial Shuttle.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 08:46 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oops! Forgot one...the N-1 Starfighter! Very boring way of getting it though.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2002 08:47 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You can be the slave-1??? I am going to get the Gamecube as soon as I can, just for this game. The other games are alright too.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2002 04:16 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Slave I is really slow though. Has 20 Concussion Missiles and 2 laser cannons. Maybe an ion cannon in there somewhere...

The secret levels are awesome! The ones I know about...

Death Star Escape: You're in the Falcon escaping from the Death Star after the Tractor Beams are down. You don't pilot the Falcon, but you take control of one of the quads and fire at TIE Fighters. (Star Wars: A New Hope. Appears above Death Star Attack.)

The Asteroid Field: In the Falcon again. This time you're running from TIE Fighters and zipping through an asteroid field. You go away from 3 Star Destroyers and then, after awhile, you turn around and go back to them, only 2 have left the battle. You land on the back of the command bridge area. (The Empire Strikes Back. Appears above the Battle of Hoth.)

Triumph of the Empire: This time you are Darth Vader in the TIE Advanced. You fly over the Death Star, destroying X-Wings and Y-Wings. Impossible to beat without homing cluster missiles. It tells kind of what would happen if Darth Vader succeeded in destroying Luke, Red Squadron, and Gold Squadron. The ships you use are either TIE Advanced, TIE Fighter, or Imperial Shuttle. (A New Hope. Appears above Strike at the Core.)

Revenge on Yavin: Vader in the TIE Advanced again. You are shooting down Rebel transports and fighters on the fourth moon of Yavin (Yavin IV). Same thing as above. (EU. Appears next to Triumph of the Empire.)

Old Post Jan 21st, 2002 05:36 AM