KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Hey guys, if I buy a HL2 game and it has a crack and stuff, will I be able to play it alright?

Because the same place where I bought my San Andreas game, I saw a pirated version of HL2 .

I'm just curious.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:27 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Well I really really wouldint do that, many reasons, first of its illeagal, 2nd, lets say you do get very far into HL2 and get to really love CS Source, but see Steam has a VERY sensetive system so your riskin being tracked down, and when that happens, your Steam accout will be disabled and the ONLY way of getting it back to eneable mode is to take a digital picture of your cd key, and it has to match their records, see there are many versions of HL2, one retail DVD, one silver edition, one bronze, and one gold, and so its very likly they'l see its fake, also when the account gets disabled you CANNOT play any of the games on steam(HL2, Counter Strike Source, and if you've upgrade the older hl and cs, they'l be diabled too. also i heard for about 3 or 4 months ago that 1.5 million! users have already been banned from steam, cause of crackin and stuff, so i would just buy the original dont bother with the crap cracked versions

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:32 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Oh and if your gonna need more GFX power try to look at these, a good page that Backfire showed me, these are the 9600, not too expansive i would say, pick the one you think is best for you and has the right price, I'm sure you'l feel and see imporvment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ....x=0&Go.y=0

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:36 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Dont be a little ***** and pay for ****ing game.

Cracked games are the reason we have Steam and piracy protected games. Its a bloody pain to go through because little punks dont want to spend the 50 bucks for it.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 06:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

But will I be able to play single player missions, you know, without being online?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:29 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I believe steam does have a registery option for offline (but you need to connect to the internet to register obviously)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:37 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

hmmm...I dunno.

I guess I'll have to check it out then.

BTW, when I buy the original game of HL2, does it require the cds/dvd to paly?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:47 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

No not after install

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 03:47 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Hmmm...

Well, there's this video store near my house and they have HL2. (original)

Would it be a good idea if I borrowed it, installed, and returned it the next day?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:43 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

smart people dont make money renting PC games..

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:55 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I'm not that smart.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:57 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I'm not that smart.

no I didnt mean that towards you.. lol.. I dont like hinting that people are fools unless they are rude to me..

however, I meant that if someone rented a PC game.. they would basically be getting ripped out of the game they purchased to rent out, because the CD key would most definately be stolen.. and .. as most games require the CD key during installation.. playing it without one would prove quite useless

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 09:32 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Gonna get a patch.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 01:10 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Do you know where I could pick up a new cd-key?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 03:05 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

New cd-key?

Well, buy the game. Or buy it online through Steam.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 05:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

How much would that be?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 07:24 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

40-50 bucks. Like usual.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 06:31 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Go for it man, I consider it rather cheap, you know this game is awesome and + you get Counter Strike, that game you'l never grow tired of, its way cool, and HL2 is a real joy to play, like some really good Sci-fi movie(Infact better then most of them!)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 08:19 PM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

DUde, I've beaten the first one loads of times and I used to have a pretty L337 clan back in the day.

I'm sure I'll love it.

Dude, I'm just kind of doubtful coz of my Radeon 9200. erm

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 08:21 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Yes and as I've said ge the Radeon 9600 and you'l be good no problemo what so ever

Old Post Jul 4th, 2005 09:09 PM