KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
It sucks that the release of this game on consoles along with a few others games, such as Portal, has been pushed back until Summer.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'd love for the first Half Life to come out as well so that I can play that first, but oh well. It doesn't seem as if it is so I'll just be playing Half Life 2.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Why cant you play the original Half Life. You have a computer obviously...just dl steam and get the source version of Half Life 1. Or just get the original in the countless Half Life anthlogies out.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 07:54 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
Why cant you play the original Half Life. You have a computer obviously...just dl steam and get the source version of Half Life 1. Or just get the original in the countless Half Life anthlogies out.

Well I'm using my fairly New Laptop, which I later found out is unable to be upgraded.

And since I have The Sims 2 on here, which works fine, but then later tried to play Black and White 2 on here and it didn't work I'm assuming no other PC Games will work on here either.

My home desktop is just so messed up and needs to go to a shop to wipe it clean b/c it's so slow and full of viruses and stuff.

So yeah......that's why I can't play Half Life.

And I have no idea what "dl steam and get the source version of Half Life 1. Or just get............." means. erm

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 07:55 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

It sucks that the release of this game on consoles along with a few others games, such as Portal, has been pushed back until Summer.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'd love for the first Half Life to come out as well so that I can play that first, but oh well. It doesn't seem as if it is so I'll just be playing Half Life 2.

Half Life 2 console release pushed back to summer?

I got my xbox version abotua a year ago. Or is this a 360/Ps3 launch?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 01:18 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Well I'm using my fairly New Laptop, which I later found out is unable to be upgraded.

And since I have The Sims 2 on here, which works fine, but then later tried to play Black and White 2 on here and it didn't work I'm assuming no other PC Games will work on here either.

My home desktop is just so messed up and needs to go to a shop to wipe it clean b/c it's so slow and full of viruses and stuff.

And I have no idea what "dl steam and get the source version of Half Life 1. Or just get............." means. erm

I got Half-Life on a torrent last night, only took 3 hours, just had to mount the image with daemon tools and I was all set. Works perfectly.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 01:21 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, considering the game is roughly 9 years old, I wouldnt think it would be hard to play Half Life considering I played it on my Compact Perserio with a big whopping 8MB videocard.

To play anything from Valve (game developer), you know need to download (dl) Steam, which is kinda of software thingy that has all your Valve games and you can download every game that they made straight to your desktop, so you dont have go through old bargain games to find Half Life. The recently upgraded the graphics a bit with the Source version of Half Life, (thier new engine), or I think you can buy the old version still. For 20 bucks, your definitly getting one of the best games ever made, and considering its from 98, still one of the best SP out there (revolutionized FPS to date)

Buy the game, and dont be a dick like the other guy by downloading it illegeally.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 07:01 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I'd be paying the 20 dollars to download the game after I've installed DL?

Ok.

Sounds good.

Yeah, I hadn't considered with the game being so old that it'd probably work nicely on my Laptop.

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Half Life 2 console release pushed back to summer?

I got my xbox version abotua a year ago. Or is this a 360/Ps3 launch?

Yeah, I was referring to the XBOX 360 Version.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:32 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah. You can also play anything multiplayer with Steam also.

It's an download client.

Just be careful, Valve isnt very nice to people who cheat. When HL2 came out, all the people who got the game over torrent, or other related places, were completely banned from Steam.

Just checked out Steam and to get either the Source version, (which has higher res textures), or the orginal one is 9.95 US. Sweet deal man.

500 mhz processor, 96mb ram, 16mb video card is required to play HL.

Definitly do it. Wicked game.

Last edited by Smasandian on Jan 3rd, 2007 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:52 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well my laptop info goes like this.

1.60 GHz
504 MB or RAM

Can't find out what kind of Video Card I have.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:30 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Assuming you have Windows, Inner...

Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, System, Hardware, Device Manager.

Your video card will be somewhere in that list, click it to find out all you could need to know about it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:41 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Assuming you have Windows, Inner...

Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, System, Hardware, Device Manager.

Your video card will be somewhere in that list, click it to find out all you could need to know about it.
Yeah, I got that far.

Couldn't figure out what to click on that list to find out about my Video Card.

I think it may be something like DirectX or something. Don't know.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:56 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Ok when can people exspect the episode 2 to be finished? its been like a year since last one -.- cant take a year to make a 30 min playtime pack can it?...

Old Post May 20th, 2007 07:21 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I believe it is to be released 'with' team fortress 2... so they would both have to be completed for them to ship I'd imagine

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 21st, 2007 01:38 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sometime this year.

Whatever.

I got too many games to play so far, I dont really mind the wait.

Plus, I'm not playing any new computer games until I get my new LCD 22inch moniter. Widescreen of course with an 2ms time limit.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 06:20 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The lead writer of the Half Life series just released what would have been the story for Half Life 3. Or Episode 3, whatever you want to call it.

https://github.com/Jackathan/MarcLa...e3_Corrected.md

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 11:15 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This makes me sad.

Valve is probably the biggest disappointment of the last 5-7 years. The were considered one of the best single player developers in the industry and pushed the industry in good direction.

And now? They make hats, shit for DOTA 2 and one of the worst announcements this year, a ****ing DOTA 2 card game.

I stopped expecting Valve to make Half Life games but I didn't think they would stop making SP IP's. Or at least try something new.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 11:38 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Made me very sad, too. I honestly teared up a bit reading the story summary. It's incredibly frustrating to have one of the most important video game series of all time not get a proper conclusion, basically gets concluded in a blog.

Valve has the money, time, talent, platform and know-how to make a great Half Life 3 and they just refuse because it's easier to cash in on some skins for Dota or whatever. Just pathetic.

This part in particular was pretty hearbreaking - "At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final episode."

Obviously, the writer doing an allegory for Valve itself. Sad to see Half Life 3 all but die like this.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 11:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes. I agree.

It's heartbreaking that a company like Valve, the granddaddy of immersive gameplay turn into a company that copies ideas from other developers. It started with DOTA 2 and then Artifact, a card game. I wouldn't be surprised if Valve does a Left 4 Dead clicker game two years from now.

But after reading Glasshouse stories about working there, I'm not surprised. Supposedly, due the nature of the flat structure, cliques get formed and there is never a consistent idea on what the company wants to do. Also, I read the Gabe Newell is far away from the day-to-day business so certain bigwigs have big sway on the direction and this is basically what they have come up with.

For me, it's frustrating and annoying that Valve still gets a pass from the community on the shit they do but if EA/Activision did the same thing, they would be crucified.

1. Valve is the king of microtransactions.
2. Let their big IP's die (Portal, Half Life, Left 4 Dead) and ruined TF2.
3. Steam as a product, is quite shitty and the support is terrible.

Oh well.....maybe one day somebody in that company will go, "hey, remember Half Life or the other great IP's we had.....let's do that again" but it's not the same company.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 12:39 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
The lead writer of the Half Life series just released what would have been the story for Half Life 3. Or Episode 3, whatever you want to call it.

https://github.com/Jackathan/MarcLa...e3_Corrected.md

Modders with full voice acting will make this happen, just you wait.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 02:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote