KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

*agrees with BF*

Both games are going to be cool. The advantage of them being released at about the same time is that if you get stuck on one you can play the other one and keep swapping between.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 09:45 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Predator 89

I guess this always happens when some one opens a thread on Half-life 2 some one always comes and makes a big deal out of it or how halo 2 will destroy half-life 2. To say the least halo 2 looks like a great game i saw the 5min trailer good stuff. But if anyone here who likes halo knew anything about games it is that Half-life set the standards for modern day FPS. Combining great A.I, weapons, and of course the plot and hero. I Know that Half-life is 5 years old but with the technology of today Half-life 2 has just about as great of a chance to be WAY!!!!!!!!!! better than Halo 2. I mean Half-life wasn't named game of the year by more than 50 publications world wide for nothing. And i cant wait till Counter Strike: Source comes out!

Old Post Jul 4th, 2004 06:20 PM
Predator 89 is currently offline Click here to Send Predator 89 a Private Message Find more posts by Predator 89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

NOVEMBER 16th !!!

Old news, I know. stick out tongue

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 12:02 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Mostly all Halo fanatics are alike. They wouldnt know FPS if it hit them in the ass.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:30 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Hey, maybe you should get a life. I'm a fan of both HL2 and Halo 2. Halo 2 for its kickass multiplayer, Half-Life 2 for its incredible interactivity, and graphical animation.
Get a life, dude. If HL2 is all you play, you really need to climb out of the hole.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 03:22 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahahaha.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 04:46 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robo-Chocobo

hes right. so stop the bigotry. the only reason I even favor halo 2 is because my computer cant run half life 2. I appreciate a good game, and i try to remain unbaised, and so should you.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:11 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I didnt even mention anything about half life 2 or halo 2.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 06:58 AM
Robo-Chocobo

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Mostly all Halo fanatics are alike. They wouldnt know FPS if it hit them in the ass.
UH HUH, Sure you didnt.

(even after making the post in direct reply to a halo2 rleated post. you can say you didnt say anything about it, but we know what you really mean.)

I find your view of halo lovers almost offensive. sure, we may be in love with an old game, (but then again, so are all the half life fans). give credit where credit is due. now excuse me while i go and try to do more work and moddifications on my other PC so it can run doom 3.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:37 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian

and mostly people who make that statment are stuck up pricks who think they know everything about gaming.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:25 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Should I play Half Life 1 before playing 2.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 07:27 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would. If not for background info but also because its a very good game aside from dated graphics.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 07:32 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

If you want to find the plot out. Understand it better.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:02 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

man, i didnt realise the release date was so close!

i did the system check, i got all green which was nice! and as halo2 has already been released and broke sales records and stuff, i can hope people have spent there hard earned cash, which means more chance of me getting a copy of HL2 day of release! laughing saying that i reckon it will do just as well as halo2 sales, both games have a considrable fanbase behind them.

and on a unrelated note, i see some of you halo fans are here, can i ask, do you know if there will be a PC port of halo2 anytime in the future? be nice if there was.

man im excited!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Nov 11th, 2004 07:36 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Halo2 PC is slated around summer '05. GTA-SA PC is slated around fall '05.

2 of the best games EVER won't even come out on the best system ever for almost a year.

But not Half-Life 2! YES!

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 12:32 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

quote:
Originally posted by dark1365
Hey, maybe you should get a life. I'm a fan of both HL2 and Halo 2. Halo 2 for its kickass multiplayer, Half-Life 2 for its incredible interactivity, and graphical animation.
Get a life, dude. If HL2 is all you play, you really need to climb out of the hole.

Why would anyone need to climb out of any hole? if they prefer one game then that's that. no on needs to really do anything, dude. But i do say : that if you haven't played a game[halo], you shouldn't talk about it [unless you know a lot about it].

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 08:10 PM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Ah, variety is the spice of life. If you play one game, and one only, you'll never know what you were missing out on. Like when my computer was too crap to run the new Counter-Strike.
And what're you talking about, me not having have played Halo? Course I have, man. And yes, I know a lot about the first one. Not so much about second, I was just playing multiplayer on Lockout and Ivory Tower the whole time.
And I ain't really dissing HL2, if you're wondering. It's very good.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 08:38 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Half-Life 2 was called "...the best game of all time." by PC Gamer if anyone cares. huh

But you shouldn't base your opinion on theirs.

For anyone interested, some stores have already beugn selling it!!!

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 01:28 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

What stores?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Even if u can buy the game u still cant play it becuz u will need to register online.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 02:55 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote