KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
Half-Life 2 was called "...the best game of all time." by PC Gamer if anyone cares. huh

As much as I think HL2 is going to be one of the best games out there, I think it is pretty ambitious to call any game the best game ever, there is never going to be one definitive best game of all time.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 03:38 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The quote from PCG was "Possibly the best game ever". They never said it IS the best game ever.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 03:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
The quote from PCG was "Possibly the best game ever". They never said it IS the best game ever.

Sorry, I quoted from an ad. erm

As for what stores, some EB Games are giving out preorders.

Link: http://games.slashdot.org/games/04/...3.shtml?tid=204

BUT no one can play. Valve has a huge anti-piracy system going on: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19642

A posse ad esse.

Last edited by MC Mike on Nov 14th, 2004 at 06:20 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:16 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, but someone above made a good point, you do have to register the game online, and you won't be able to do that untill the 16th.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Yeah, but someone above made a good point, you do have to register the game online, and you won't be able to do that untill the 16th.

Edited. smile

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:20 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

In all honesty, I think I'm glad I don't have the game pre-ordered so I can get it now. It would be torture to have that game sitting here next to me, all the while knowing that I can't play it for 3 days. I'd be liable to go insane.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:22 AM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
In all honesty, I think I'm glad I don't have the game pre-ordered so I can get it now. It would be torture to have that game sitting here next to me, all the while knowing that I can't play it for 3 days. I'd be liable to go insane.

big grin Same here. I've been waiting for this game as long as everyone else. With Halo 2 coming out for XBox and San Andreas for PS2, and me having no consoles, this will be a nice fresh little present to get my hands on. Have you seen the trailer on the official site? Great stuff.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:27 AM
BackFire

Yes, this game makes me moist.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 06:28 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Greatest line ever.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 05:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote:
Originally posted by Samas-adian
Greatest line ever.

agreed!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 10:53 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

well, it got 9.7 on IGN, and 9.2 on Gamespot.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 10:17 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Well, hopefully I'll have a brand spankin new computer ready for this game.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 01:53 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Will it be released tonight!?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 02:03 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Yes sir. I don't know if I'm getting it now, or after Thanksgiving Break (which we US people are having right now, by the way... well some of us stick out tongue ).

If I get it tomorrow, I won't be able to play it all break long. And if I wait I might actually get my mom to buy me the Collector's Edition. Usually I wouldn't be getting that, it's a waste of money, but I know this one store that ALWAYS puts the same price on normal and collector's editions of things. laughing out loud

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 03:03 AM
ChickinMeat

collectors edition this time round seems worth it to me for once, as you get the entire original game in source code, that would be worth the money by itself!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:03 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Not really not the whole original game.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:10 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wouldnt get the collectors edition for a first person shooter.. I 'did' buy it for World of Warcraft though..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:17 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote:
Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
Not really not the whole original game.

i think it is! well, thats what the blurb on this website seems to say:

quote:
Originally posted by TheGamesMan site

The Collectors Edition will contain
- Counter-Strike: Source - The next generation of the #1 online action game
- Half-Life: Source - Digitally remastered version of the original acclaimed PC game
- Free Limited Edition T-shirt - Offered in men's size XL only
- Half-Life 2 Prima Book - Information on character backgrounds, the making of the game, and more than 100 pieces of artwork

went to the gamestore today, talked to the manager a bit and he showed me his stock of halflife2 and collectors edition, they were so shiny! roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Last edited by ChickinMeat on Nov 16th, 2004 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:35 AM
shockimebones

Gamespot's review actually had quite a lot of negative things to say about the game confused

I'm still gonna buy it though.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 06:41 AM
shockimebones is currently offline Click here to Send shockimebones a Private Message Find more posts by shockimebones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

ive tried to not read anything on this game, its what i do with any game i plan on definatly getting. i feel if i read previews, reviews and stuff like that, then it may reveal things i never wished to know. if i dont read reviews or anything, everything will be fresh to me.

i know what i mean, im just not very good at typing descriptions!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 07:53 AM