KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Supposedly the game will be available in 5 minutes, at midnight pacific time.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 07:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ldene
What would you wish for?

if you don't have an internet connection on the computer you want to play half-life on, can you still play it? Or will it just not work?

Wizzy
Wow

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 10:11 AM
ldene is currently offline Click here to Send ldene a Private Message Find more posts by ldene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

there must be a way, it would be totally unfair otherwise

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 12:13 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

great! Just another freakin game I have to buy.

Should I go get the CD or should I just download it off of steam?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 02:46 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

played it last night after getting it off steam pretty cool

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 03:54 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

better then Doom3?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:35 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

Oh christ!

I work for an internet based claims company, and 7 of the 15 members of our development team sent emails this morning saying that they would be late to work for all sorts of made up reasons.

Then one of them called me and asked why I didn't join the group down at Fry's where all 7 of them are buying this game.

Addicted much?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 04:36 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's actually a way to get this game without buying? Can anyone tell me where and what the PC requirements are? I'm sure mine will suffice but just to be sure.

I don't go mad over games but this is "Half-Life 2". I need it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 06:53 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I'm gonna give it a wekk until my new stonkin PC arrives, and I'll just buy Half-Life 2 from the shop.

Screw Steam, I want solid evidence that i own it.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 07:40 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i have it preloaded on my computer through Steam, but I think I'm just going to go out and get the real deal on CD to make sure I don't have any problems if i do something like re-format my hard drive down the road.

all of the developers came into work today. One of them was playing it on his brand new lap top....it's pretty damn impressive graphically.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 07:46 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

You work for a claims company?

Filth!

off topic: I've been reading about a claims thingy going on over here involving a former crack pusher who stole a car, and crashed into a bus while fleeing from pursuing cops. He is now trying to sue the POLICE for doing their job, running him off the road.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 08:09 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

we process automobile claims between the Insurance company and the body shop over the internet. Far from filth. it's a nice paying job that allows me to work from home.

Aside from a sh!tty drive on most days....it's a great job.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 08:15 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Played it the evening it came out. Ahh..my favourite part was when i blew up a flammable gas barrel under a bridge, which set off a chain reaction, which collapsed the bridge, sending the annoying shooters to fall to their deaths. Satisfaction.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 03:20 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Fantastic game. Soo many awesome parts. This is the best game i have ever played. All i have to say is the gravity gun and saw blades.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 01:47 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I'm getting it this weekend happy

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:29 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

does anyone here know anything about graphics cards and drivers?

i was told by HL2 that i need to update my ATi drivers, so i got the new CATALYST 04.11 drivers, and it keeps freezing up in HL2, and i know its not HL2 as it now freezes up in all my games, when they were fine before.

so would you think its a dodgy install? do you think i should re-install the old drivers again? anyone know where to find the ATi uninstall.exe? i cant find it anywhere!

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated, because when it comes to graphics cards and stuff, im as useless as a cabbage in a warzone

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 10:43 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

Ati are really really REALLY bad at making drivers, go back to your old one if that worked.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 11:34 AM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

ah love the game big grin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:43 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

anyone played it?

Is it as good as all the hype would lead you to believe?

Should I get this right away or should I continue to play Halo for a little while longer and THEN buy HL2?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 05:59 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

GO GET IT NOW!!! I can't really descripe it, it has to be tried, very good lived up to my expectations big grin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:12 PM