KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Get it now also. Screw Halo 2 i say.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 06:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
anyone played it?

Is it as good as all the hype would lead you to believe?

Should I get this right away or should I continue to play Halo for a little while longer and THEN buy HL2?

Half Life 2 is truley an amazing game. It's damn near flawless. The atmosphere and settings are so good that they're unsettling. It's like you're playing a movie.

Halo 2 is an incredibly short game, so might as well finish that, won't take long.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 08:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

huzzah! my problem is finally fixed, and i can now play with good framerate.

only flaw is some of the main characters faces, the textures are all weird, but that can be overlooked with what ive had to deal with, i can now expericne the game proporly

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 08:36 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I finished Halo 2 yesterday, so that I could play Half-Life 2 big grin

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:02 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol @ finish halo2.. I think even in beating the single player one hasnt truely become done with a game (any game I mean). My friend said HL2 is awesome, but I wont be getting it til next month cuz I need to beat games I already own.. (plus with WoW retail hitting on the 23rd -_-)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:34 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

The biggest flaw I see, is the voice acting, specialy gman, NOOB! its not good at all, but the rest is very good so far big grin

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 01:20 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The textures on their faces are breathtaking. And i felt the voice action was superb. You can actually see individually pores in their skin.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 04:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

true, faces look very good specially Gman, but voice acting is not good, Doom3's voice acting what you could call very good, anyway I'm in the 5chapter now just got the shotgun big grin i LOVE SHOTGUNS!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 05:39 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Doom 3 was good also. But i still think the voice acting is great for Half Life 2. If it wasnt, the world in Half Life 2 would not be as believable.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 06:03 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

The first game where you can fully use your enviornment.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 10:43 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Yeah, you can push flammable barrels over the bridge at your enemies, and shoot it to explode it. Very cool. And not to mention, you can pick them up, and smash your enemies with it.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 07:41 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Is this a FPS?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 01:53 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

My fav is when you take paint buckets and shoot them at walls and enemies and see get covered in paint. I love it.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 05:55 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

The bit where you're running from the combine on the first level across rooftops I though was kind of Matrixy, with the combine being Agents

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 09:46 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Picking up a concrete block and swinging it at an enemie's head is satisfying.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 03:22 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sooner or later, people will everything has to do with The Matrix. There are soo many movies out there that involve a guy getting chased by authorities.

Finished it. Ending was okay, but i kinda of expected it. Awesome game, and i definitly can play it over and over again. I feel its the best FPS out there right now.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 06:18 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Half Life 2 is truley an amazing game. It's damn near flawless. The atmosphere and settings are so good that they're unsettling. It's like you're playing a movie.

Halo 2 is an incredibly short game, so might as well finish that, won't take long.

it's incredibly short if you're playing it on "normal"

I'm beating it on Legendary and the game is so freaking hard I'm about ready to throw my controller through my television set.

They get too much life, and take too much away per shot. I usually have to plasma nade an elite just to kill it.

I beat it on normal in 2 days, but on Legendary I struggle through every checkpoint in every level.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 06:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hm, well then I guess you should get Half life 2 regaurdless. If for nothing else, the new CS is awesome.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 01:10 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

ya new CS is what CS needed, anyway HL2 was an easy game a bit too easy acturly I plaed it on hard but it was like playing serious sam on tourist! anyway I felt that the two last chapters whare waaaaaaaaay to rushed, I'm I the only one that feels that?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 03:42 AM
KidRock

Valve really sucked CS dry.. i cant stand playing CS anymore.. it is just the dullest game in my opinion.. and I think Valve took the shortcut half-assed way out by using CSmessed as HL2 multiplayer

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 04:12 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote