KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I loved the last 2 chapters. It wasnt as great as the two chapters before it but fun none less. Maybe i just love the gravity gun soo much that its tainted my judgment on the last 2 levels. Also i enjoyed seeing how everything was built and stuff.

Half Life 2 level design is amazing though. The best ive seen so far.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 05:37 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Chapter 12 ''Follow Freeman'' was by far the greatest chapter in the game, last 2 chapters whare rushed, it seemed like they patched them up like a week before the release, they both together only answerd to a half reguler chapter

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 06:28 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It might of been smaller than others. But i still enjoyed them and i dont think its rushed because its was less about action and more about exploring. I do admit it was a tad easy but i think Follow Freeman and the chapter before that was the last major chapters, and it went out with a bang.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 05:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

I thought that the end end of the game was a let down

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 09:17 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

right im going to ask for help now, hope someone can give me advice!

i am really stuck on the section "entanglement" i think its called, and its the bit where you get 3 gun turrets to deploy where you want, then the 4 prison gates open and combine soldiers pour in, basically, i cant survive at all, there are just to many soldiers.

so my question is, any tips on how to win this battle? because i just canne do it!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 09:52 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Don't forget to help your turrets and put them back up.

Attachment: help.jpg
This has been downloaded 65 time(s).

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 06:23 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Time Mr. Freeman?

Attachment: this is where i get off.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 06:25 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

get the turrets and put them at the other end of the hallway, right infront of the barrier. put them seperate from each other so they cant knock into each other. Stay behind a pillar and protect the back side of turrets. Just fend off with a overwatch machine gun and make sure the combine dont come near the turrets.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 06:26 PM
ChickinMeat

thnaks for the tips guys, ill go try them now, and wow a diagram! thats awesome, cheers buddy!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 10:06 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

I just beat Half Life and I think that the ending was a huge let down too. I mean, I think its the best video game experience i ever had in my life but im just concerned with where the story is going. It's sort of similiar to the Matrix series. 1st movie was a classic and then the next 2 movies were just made for money. It wasnt really supossed to be a triliogy. You know what i mean? Hopefully, Im wrong and HL3 actually answers questions.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 01:37 AM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

i managed to pass thas bit in entanglement i was stuck on, but your plans didnt work for me very well, i kept getting owned! this plan i found did work for me however!

Attachment: myplan.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 02:54 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Um can you play Half life on the internet in multiplayer? blink because isn't that just CS mod? blink if not the game is rather limited.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 03:10 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

You cant play Half life 2 online but you can play Counter Strike Source online

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 03:14 AM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I was already obsessed about Totalaristic governments from "1984", So with Half Life² I became even more obbsessed or, as said in the back of 1984... "Doubleplusgood totalirism" ANYWAYS just to say that i am obssesed about HL² So i check out a lot of sites and people came out iowht HALF LIFE² MULTIPLAYWER MODS...

You can find them here: (I created an account becaouse i was modding DooM³) (the game not the forums)

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file...ayer_V11a;33340

Also check out the "Related Files" on the top

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:14 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

CS was a mod, but it isnt anymore. Its a full fledged game. Half Life 2 is limited at this given time, but a half a year from now it wont be. Valve has made sure that the game will be easy to mod and will give alot of support also.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:14 AM
ChickinMeat

who here plays CS-S? i was thinking maybe we could all share our steam details, then have a KMC game or something, havnt a clue how that would work though!

and im complete shit at the game!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 10:37 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I hate CS or even CSS never even opened it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 10:38 PM
ChickinMeat

i hated CS aswell, but source changed my mind a bit, i think its because it has the physics engine sort of and it has ragdoll.

but i really hated the original.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 10:39 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
who here plays CS-S? i was thinking maybe we could all share our steam details, then have a KMC game or something, havnt a clue how that would work though!

and im complete shit at the game!

I play CS-S occasionally. Much better then the original.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 01:20 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

well my steam account is "ChickinMeat"

i dont think anyone could have guessed that!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 02:00 AM