KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

That exactly what i thought! The one on the left of the asian one looks just like bush

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 01:38 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

what I really hate about those hostages is they always stop to take a shit and to scrach their asses before they get to rescue spot mad

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 01:53 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Ya. And if you don't keep stopping for them, they just stop and don't move. Then you have to keep going back and getting them, then getting them again when eventually you just get camped by a Terrorist.

Also you shoot them in the head with a default pistol and they just give a b!tch squeal and do nothing laughing out loud. Aah well..its fun to kill them, until you get booted out of the server.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 04:12 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For CS, i like the idea for teamkillers, map vote and ranking sytem.
I dont know if this is part of the server package for CS, or a mod, but i like how they implented it.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 04:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Ranking is cool, so is Player Stats, shows how many Head Shots you have done in that server.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 08:58 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I recently re-played Half Life 2 again. Im posting some comments about the replaying session.

Half Life is one of the best FPS out there. Here is why.
1. Amazing immersion - Its everybody gamer's fav word but the world of HL2 just draws you in competly. Dropships fly past you, speakerphones call out announcments, gun battles go off in the distance and striders call out in pain. Its feels like a real world.
2. Graphics - No, it doesnt beat out Doom 3 when it comes to lighting effects but level design, monster design, special effects, facial graphics and the fludity of character design and animations are simply awesome. The world looks competely real.
3. Gameplay - first, its not boring at all. Each chapter is a new gameplay device and never get tedious. Driving boats and cars, deking out snipers, commanding ant lions, setting up turrets, run and gun, survival horror. Its doesnt get tedious.
4. Sound- its not the best in the world but it still offers 5.1, amazing voicework.
5. Physics - this is easy, the physics are lifelike and actually affect how you play.

I read a few forum boards like Planethalflife and Steam and ive seen some negative criticism about the game. Here is what I saw.
1. Its too short - well i guess 15-20 hours is short. Its FPS, the longer it is, the more tedious it gets.
2. It was out to early - well, there is slowdown but its a minor flaw.
3. AI - the combine werent as a good as the marines but still servicable but the monster AI was awesome. Striders chase after you, and will try and duck to shoot at you if your hiding in a tunnel or something. If you attack them, they will chase you down.
4.Steam - this isnt part of the game and should not be included when reviewing or coming up with comments about the game. It might be stupid and not work but its not part of the game.
5. Physics arnt that good - well its beats out FarCry and Doom 3 when it comes to physics. Its an integeral part of the game.

After all is done, the game is one of the best out there. FarCry and Doom 3 dont come close to this game. Though, they are good also and you should check them out, they dont come near HL2 in terms of technology and gameplay.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I agree with most of that stuff, I just love the place in HL2 when you have to kill I think it was about 6 or 8 striders, that part was pretty hard, specialy when your out of rockets! Thu the end was rather gay, but besides fromt hat, i was one of my fav gameing experianceses ever! I liked Doom3 a little bit better, I guess thats manily becuase Doom has been the game I've played over the last 10 years without ever getting tired of, it thu I will disagree that HL is superiour in technology, doom3 can do everything HL2 engine can do including the water, I've seen screenshots of it, and it looks just as good. Doom3 can also do the big out door enviorments and all that

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 08:54 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I guess its personally taste.

I wasnt clear about what I said. What I meant about technology was that Half Life 2 showcased it more than any other game.
Its graphics are equal with Doom 3. The sound is equal with Doom 3 while its physics engine is alot better than Doom 3.
I know the Doom's engine can probalby do all that but unless its actually showcased in a game then you cant say its better than Source.
We'll just have to wait and see with Quake 4 I guess. Also, Source hasnt been fully utilized in terms of graphically ability.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 02:18 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

argh! I know this is kinda old news (going through HL2 story mode and all) , however I've come up to the section where you gotta take out the gun turrets.. and alex goes "I'll reprogram them to attack the enemy" .. thats where the problem is.. even though I set them up.. they dont even attack the combine soldiers.. they still aggro 'me' .. so basically I have to fight off all the combines with no help sad any way I can get those turrets to aggro the enemy?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 05:26 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Umm thats wierd man.
Its probalby a bug or maybe your using the wrong turrets.
Are they the ones that are kept in the closets and you press the button to release them or are they the ones all around the level that you attack.?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 06:32 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

They're the ones that alex tells you to take out the shielded closets.. I set them on the floor and they beep to aggro me, but since Im behind them they shut off, and combines walk right past them -_-.. I can handle til about the 5th wave of combines by myself.. but then they all start using shotguns and they kill me

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 07:04 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

I would exit out of the level and reenter. But thats just me.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 08:33 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

they did that to me also at first but when i died the second time they were fine.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 10:51 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I thought the best bit about Half-Life 2 was the way it gave you something else to do or try out JUST as you were getting a little bit bored of the last thing it threw at you.

It had perfect timing of it's gaming "dosages".

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 12:56 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, unlike Far Cry or Doom 3. Those games was similar throughout the whole game especially Doom 3.
HL2 had so many awesome gameplay moments. And it had perfect timing.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 06:04 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The best part is the gravity gun, IMO. And incredible, incredible interactivity.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 02:25 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Oh yes, the gravity gun.

The bit where you are given just an upgraded gravity gun at the end made my jaw hit the floor.

Like I said, perfect timing. It drip fed you all of the gameplay elements bit by bit.

The guns, the physics, the destructable scenery, the boat, the car, the bosses, the bigger bosses, the huge bosses, the bugs, the big bugs, the bugs you get to control, the nightmare shootouts, the venomous headcrab scarefests, the War Of The Worlds type battle with rocket launchers, the big robot thing that helps you out, the gravity gun that suddenly acquires godlike powers and the fun and intense finale.

And not only that, but it leaves a few things open for you. Like the second function of that combine machine gun that discintergrates people. Neat little touches like that are always welcome, especially when the game doesn't tell you about it and you get it through experimentation.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 03:00 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

the best part was when you can grab the combine with the gravity gun shooting them with it makes it like there getting struck lighting. also grabbing there own energy ball and shoot it back at them with the gravity gun that all ways makes me laugh.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 09:13 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It is going to be released on the Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It astounds me that no one has posted in here for a long time. What the f**k?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 01:37 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I know. Ah well.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 04:18 PM